This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do gamers overly praise "intense" difficult games?

#81SubSeenixPosted 12/27/2012 1:22:50 PM(edited)
knuxnole posted...
E.g. Demon's Soul, Dark Souls, the OLD school sidescrollers?

I like games that are challenging, however it seems like gamers today always want games to be super difficult. Do they enjoy dying 100 times or something? If you keep losing, you'll have no interest and stop playing, thus never finishing the game. Games that are on the easy side are good, in that it's fun AND you don't have to die 100 times :P

Getting better and testing your skills is great.
The moment when you get good enough to beat the part is great.

What do easy games give you?What does CoD for example give you?
A 2 hour campaign and a broken MP where everyone is the best for 60$

There is absolutely no point in playing those easy games especially of this Gen.
You can't get better cause you are already the best.

Probably only REAL Gamers who grew up with gaming before this Gen will understand this feeling and satisfaction.
Gaming was great and games like Dark/Demons Souls give us this feelings back.
Well to be honest...Neither Demon's nor Dark Souls are hard. cause they are NEVER unfair. or demanding.
If you die in the Souls games it IS YOUR fault - You messed up and not some unfair pattern or so.
#82knuxnole(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 1:23:04 PM
SubSeenix posted...
knuxnole posted...
E.g. Demon's Soul, Dark Souls, the OLD school sidescrollers?

I like games that are challenging, however it seems like gamers today always want games to be super difficult. Do they enjoy dying 100 times or something? If you keep losing, you'll have no interest and stop playing, thus never finishing the game. Games that are on the easy side are good, in that it's fun AND you don't have to die 100 times :P

Getting better and testing your skills is great.
The moment when you get good enough to beat the part is great.

What do easy games give you?What does CoD for example give you?
A 2 hour campaign and a broken MP where everyone is the best for 60$

There is absolutely no point in playing those easy games especially of this Gen.
You can't get better cause you are already the best.

Probably only REAL Gamers who grew up with gaming before this Gen will understand this feeling and satisfaction.
Gaming was great and games like Dark/Demons Souls give us this feelings back.
Well to be honest...Neither Demon's nor Dark Souls are hard.In the NES Era even those would fall into the "not that hard" category cause they are NEVER unfair.
If you die in the Souls games it IS YOUR fault - You messed up and not some unfair pattern or so.

But, if you are the "best" you keep playing to retain your title and have fun kicking butt :P

The NES era games(battletoads, contra, Megaman) are insanely hard. Without cheat codes, I would have never seen the end :O
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#83SoleilArclionPosted 12/27/2012 1:24:02 PM
TC is making even Nintendo sound like an extreme sadist company. I didn't think that possible.
#84ChaingunmasterPosted 12/27/2012 1:25:09 PM(edited)
knuxnole posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
knuxnole posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
I find it infuriating how you assume that because you didn't improve you assume no one else will either, knuxhole. Stop generalizing already, it's pissing me off.

why does it infuriate you? It seems reasonable.

Speaking on behalf of others is reasonable? Do you even read my posts?

I do

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is all you need to know about the TC to know this thread isn't worth your time.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#85knuxnole(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 1:25:36 PM
SoleilArclion posted...
TC is making even Nintendo sound like an extreme sadist company. I didn't think that possible.

Well, its not Nintendo. A lot of their games are AMAZING. Unless they made Battletoads :P

I loved the old school Mario games :P
---
#86knuxnole(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 1:26:16 PM
Chaingunmaster posted...
knuxnole posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
knuxnole posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
I find it infuriating how you assume that because you didn't improve you assume no one else will either, knuxhole. Stop generalizing already, it's pissing me off.

why does it infuriate you? It seems reasonable.

Speaking on behalf of others is reasonable? Do you even read my posts?

I do

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is all you need to know about the TC to know this thread isn't worth your time.

I said I did read your posts :P

I still can't think of one reason why you are actually mad(if that is real lol)
---
#87ChaingunmasterPosted 12/27/2012 1:29:28 PM
Because you keep saying things that are debatable as if you are speaking for everyone, and then you step around any decent rebuttals to your way of thinking whenever you reply.
You only hear what you want to hear. This isn't a conversation, this you having a monologue whilst quoting people.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88