This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

no fast travel in dragon's dogma is why jrpg games are garbage

#21Ninja4HPosted 12/26/2012 11:49:24 PM
Stunning SteveAustin posted...
Most jrpgs give you faster means of navigating the world as it expands, through vehicles/airships and the like, so your argument couldn't be more wrong and ill-informed. Fast-travel, ironically, is just a lazy western-developer crutch for bad world design.

Bigger worlds need a form of fast travel. Nothing to do with laziness, be it west or east.
---
"Riding the Lightning"
PSN - VoodooPimp138 {-} MGO - thelastninja
#22wstfldPosted 12/26/2012 11:51:27 PM
Wow.
---
Last Played: Assassin's Creed 3 (8/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Assassin's Creed 3, FIFA 13
#23methosagainPosted 12/26/2012 11:54:06 PM
Stunning SteveAustin posted...
Most jrpgs give you faster means of navigating the world as it expands, through vehicles/airships and the like, so your argument couldn't be more wrong and ill-informed. Fast-travel, ironically, is just a lazy western-developer crutch for bad world design.

Fast travel started in Japanese games LOL
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#24ManuKesnaPosted 12/26/2012 11:55:01 PM
this topic is so full of fail LOL
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#25Ninja4HPosted 12/27/2012 12:02:40 AM
ManuKesna posted...
this topic is so full of fail LOL

That pretty much goes for most threads on this board, doesn't it?
---
"Riding the Lightning"
PSN - VoodooPimp138 {-} MGO - thelastninja
#26gamestop27Posted 12/27/2012 12:10:43 AM
realskillz1990 posted...
doraemonllh1989 posted...
Looks like someone got owned in the wild lol

or it looks like I have a life and don't want to spend hours traveling to a place I have already been to over and over again

Jesus horn honking Christ, people who spout this line are so stupid. You're on a video game forum and you play video games; these 2 activities in our culture are still seen by many people to indicate that you don't have a life.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#27PendragoonPosted 12/27/2012 12:23:49 AM
The only way I can agree with this is the large amounts of 7-15 minute runs between Gran Soren and Cassardis early on since those are the two main cities. A single port crystal placed on the ledge by the Witchwood exit solves several problems with backtracking.

Though, it does take 3/4 of the game to get one, and only one. Once you hit NG+ you can buy more and set up quite a few. (I have 7-8 set up at various points) and yet I almost never use them because I hate wasting the stones on a trip that only takes a few minutes. (and nets me more gold and exp)

The world of Dragon's Dogma steadily shrinks as you get stronger. Early on a trip to Bloodwater Beach could take an hour of playing it safe and picking your fights. By the time you can fight the dragon it is a 10 minute run from Cassardis including most fights.

This game thrives on the fear of the unknown and the fact that any enemy can kill you if you are careless. Fast travel would take a lot of fear out of that first playthrough because you could truly get stuck in a really bad area at night and have to fight for your life to make it back to Gran Soren. Fast Travel would kill that tension, which is why ferrystones are so rare early on.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#28xxcheexxPosted 12/27/2012 12:28:36 AM
I guess the wolves were too much for you to handle TC.
---
If it's all civilized, you're doing it wrong.
Steam: xxSolstice
#29realskillz1990(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 12:39:13 AM
xxcheexx posted...

haha end sarcasm terrible joke is fitting for a terrible game
---
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
#30PendragoonPosted 12/27/2012 12:51:46 AM
realskillz1990 posted...
xxcheexx posted...

haha end sarcasm terrible joke is fitting for a terrible game

Just bite the Dangan and live up to your username.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709