This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

no fast travel in dragon's dogma is why jrpg games are garbage

#41jrr18Posted 12/27/2012 12:53:50 AM
hijokaiden posted...
jrr18 posted...
hijokaiden posted...
jrr18 posted...
hair that don't have their own gravity field.

Hahaha

stupid typo.

Well it is true, jrpg characters with their silly anime hair.

Oh I thought you were laughing at me putting don't instead of doesn’t.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#42BlackOrigamiSunPosted 12/27/2012 12:56:04 AM
jrr18 posted...
nedrith posted...
Stunning SteveAustin posted...
Most jrpgs give you faster means of navigating the world as it expands, through vehicles/airships and the like, so your argument couldn't be more wrong and ill-informed. Fast-travel, ironically, is just a lazy western-developer crutch for bad world design.

This so many WRPGs could of been made smaller and would of been better without fast travel which really takes the point away from making such a big world if you just fast travel everytime. However it seems that "this game is our biggest world yet!" is a great way to get people to buy your game doesn't matter what actually exists in the world.

And so many JRPG's could benefit from choices in the story and weapons and hair that don't have their own gravity field.

Are you a hair stylist? I don't see any way the hair shape of someone could make someone so full of angst.

Also, choices in the story = randomly killing NPCs for the lulz.
#43jrr18Posted 12/27/2012 1:03:50 AM
BlackOrigamiSun posted...
jrr18 posted...
nedrith posted...
Most jrpgs give you faster means of navigating the world as it expands, through vehicles/airships and the like, so your argument couldn't be more wrong and ill-informed. Fast-travel, ironically, is just a lazy western-developer crutch for bad world design.

This so many WRPGs could of been made smaller and would of been better without fast travel which really takes the point away from making such a big world if you just fast travel everytime. However it seems that "this game is our biggest world yet!" is a great way to get people to buy your game doesn't matter what actually exists in the world.

And so many JRPG's could benefit from choices in the story and weapons and hair that don't have their own gravity field.

Are you a hair stylist? I don't see any way the hair shape of someone could make someone so full of angst.

hey killing vivic is a story choice in morowind and it completly altered the main quest line and prefer a open world to hallway any day.
---
PSN jrr101
#44NicodimusPosted 12/27/2012 1:04:28 AM
Garbage topic. You can eventually have up to 10 port crystals, and put them anywhere you want. I guess the tc couldn't handle not having everything handed to him at the beginning of the game.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#45BlackOrigamiSunPosted 12/27/2012 1:08:53 AM
jrr18 posted...
BlackOrigamiSun posted...
jrr18 posted...
nedrith posted...

hey killing vivic is a story choice in morowind and it completly altered the main quest line and prefer a open world to hallway any day.

So you just prefer them because you like to know that you can do something? I mean, if you kill Vivec, the plot will go somewhere, and you will be playing for that. When playing a more linear game, you also follow a predefined plot. The only difference is that in TES, you choose how the plot will go by killing someone or going somewhere, but isn't that the same thing as playing any other story?
Even if the game adapts to some of your choices, won't you be just playing a subquest that the programmers put in, when you could be playing a major story driven by those characters in the game?
#46jrr18Posted 12/27/2012 1:12:43 AM
Let's just say I prefer more open games then the more traditional JRPG's and agree to disagree on what type is better.
---
PSN jrr101
#47realskillz1990(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 1:12:58 AM
Nicodimus posted...
Garbage topic. You can eventually have up to 10 port crystals, and put them anywhere you want. I guess the tc couldn't handle not having everything handed to him at the beginning of the game.

ok smart arse what point of the game do you get port crystals because so far the game hasnt even mentioned what this is and im lvl 33 so im not at the beginning and I had to pay 20k for a ferry stone because the game only game me one so far not including the one I bought.
---
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
#48NicodimusPosted 12/27/2012 1:19:34 AM
Nicodimus posted...

ok smart arse what point of the game do you get port crystals because so far the game hasnt even mentioned what this is and im lvl 33 so im not at the beginning and I had to pay 20k for a ferry stone because the game only game me one so far not including the one I bought.

Actually, yes. You ARE at the beginning.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#49rikku_350Posted 12/27/2012 1:33:52 AM
Play Morrowind and you'll quit complaining.
#50mjc0961Posted 12/27/2012 1:36:54 AM

lolno

Fast travel is a great time saver, there is nothing gained from making you retravel the same areas over and over and over and over and over again but on a faster thing. No matter how fast the new ride is, it's still making you waste time retreading old ground.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey