This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

no fast travel in dragon's dogma is why jrpg games are garbage

#51656stoogePosted 12/27/2012 2:48:25 AM
Fast travel ruined the Elder Scrolls series.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#52Kaze_MemaryuPosted 12/27/2012 3:03:18 AM
The point of Dragon's Dogma IS traveling (next to fights and quests). If you can't deal with it, don't play it - you'll end up wasting your time on something you hate anyway.

And yes, Lv. 33 is still the beginning in DD, because most quests come at much higher Lv's.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#53RoxasANobodyPosted 12/27/2012 3:16:24 AM
ITT: People getting trolled by the TC. Why even waste your time trying to explain to the TC why s/he is wrong when they obviously don't care about what you have to say?
---
"I've got so much love to give."
Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, NFS: The Run, and Assassin's Creed III
#54PendragoonPosted 12/27/2012 10:01:36 AM
realskillz1990 posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Why are people feeding the very obvious TC?

lol accuse me of being a toll when this game has a bad fast travel mechanic and it takes a hour(real time) to travel to places if you dont have a ferrystone or the port crystal these people are talking about

You get a port crystal in the Blue Moon Tower (top floor) Either during Griffin's Bane (let the fight drag out until it reaches that point) or during the quest to recover the Duke's ring (guaranteed to reach the top) This is a once per playthrough pickup near the end of the pre dragon questline.

As for how long it takes to go from Cassardis to Blue Moon Tower (the farthest distance in the game) using Liquid Vims to never use up stamina (infinite sprint) and not fighting anything while being very light takes about 15 minutes at most, not an hour.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#55ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/27/2012 10:06:30 AM
Being a clown is why you are garbage, TC.

There is fast travel.
#56darkshadowmasterPosted 12/27/2012 10:10:26 AM
* Late so I'm sure someone has already done this*

"FIRE ONLY ANGERS IT!"
*buffs me with fire*

-.-
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#57LAGswitchLARRYPosted 12/27/2012 10:15:01 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
Looks like someone got owned in the wild lol

---
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.
#58OrangeSchweesePosted 12/27/2012 10:20:01 AM
RoxasANobody posted...
ITT: People getting trolled by the TC. Why even waste your time trying to explain to the TC why s/he is wrong when they obviously don't care about what you have to say?

That's like 90% of the topics on this site. Some douche asks a question/makes a statement that you'd ignore or walk away from in real life, but it goes to 10 pages anyway.
#59killakPosted 12/27/2012 10:21:50 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
Looks like someone got owned in the wild lol

or it looks like I have a life and don't want to spend hours traveling to a place I have already been to over and over again

Hot Tip: if a game doesn't suit your lifestyle, then it's obviously not for you. Choosing to play it, then complaining about something that is a big part of it........
---
LoL... DSP did his funniest moments of 2012 set.... except they're all about his own content.
#60Magoo111Posted 12/27/2012 10:29:14 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
* Late so I'm sure someone has already done this*

"FIRE ONLY ANGERS IT!"
*buffs me with fire*

-.-

I miss Riful now.

She was a goofy gal...always picking up skulls.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]