This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With this generation drawing to a close, what are your top 5 games this gen?

#121BlackOrigamiSunPosted 12/27/2012 2:18:16 PM
1. Dark Souls
2. Legend of Heroes: Trails In The Sky

The rest
#122LinktheMan46Posted 12/27/2012 2:25:03 PM
Counting down, from lowest to highest:

5. Dragon Age: Origins
4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
3. Dark Souls
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
1. Final Fantasy XIII

inb4 massive hate for my favorite game of this gen being FF13.
---
"If your going to make fun of someone don't make yourself look like a tool by using the wrong version of your." - Hexrapper
#123Devilman_AmonPosted 12/27/2012 2:29:09 PM
LinktheMan46 posted...
Counting down, from lowest to highest:

5. Dragon Age: Origins
4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
3. Dark Souls
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
1. Final Fantasy XIII

inb4 massive hate for my favorite game of this gen being FF13.

omg what the **** is the ********* matter with you picking that ********* game as your #1 ******** top game of this ******* gen are you ******** crazy?? The ***** the matter with you!? Holy **** dude you gotta be out out your God damn mind picking that piece of **** game! Where the Hell do you get off posting that ridiculous nonsense? This is an outrage! This is rigoddamndiculous!
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#124kingofjamaicaPosted 12/27/2012 2:32:49 PM
Skyrim(PC)
Uncharted 2
Lost Odyssey
Oblivion(PC)
Battlefield 3(PC)
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#125TroutfischPosted 12/27/2012 2:33:31 PM
In no particular order:

1) Rayman Origins
2) Red Dead Redemption
3) Super Mario Galaxy
4) Metroid Prime 3
5) Uncharted 2

Honorable Mentions: Assassin's Creed III, Batman Arkham City, Bayonetta, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Far Cry 3, Just Cause 2, LittleBIGPlanet, Super Smash Bros. Brawl
---
PSN: Troutfisch
#126Unbridled9Posted 12/27/2012 2:38:55 PM
1: Mass Effect. Not for being a good game (though it is a great game), but for what it represents. This is the start of the first true video game saga and it shows that it is possible to make a continual and flowing narrative over a series of multiple games.

2: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. This is the game that, for all intents and purposes, popuarlized the WRPG and showed that it was possible to have huge, massive, settings for your game and freeflowing narrative without being restricted to hardcore players. Yes, I know Morrowind and other games came 'first' but Oblivion was the game that popuarlized it.

3: Halo 3: Bringing online play to the next era and making it wildly popular.

4: Portal/Super Mario Galaxy: For pushing the boundaries of what a game can do so far that even the laws of physics can be easily bent.

5: Minecraft. A game with 0 actual challenge, no story, no goal, no nothing beyond a near-endless world for us to build on and managing to become one of the top games with JUST that! It's PC Legos.
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#127phacesPosted 12/27/2012 2:42:10 PM
Uncharted Series
Dead Space Series
Vanquish
Tales of Vesperia
Mario Galaxy Series

Still a lot of fire left in this gen as well with TLoU, Dead Space 3, DmC and Beyond: Two Souls still hitting in 2013.
#128kobalobasileusPosted 12/27/2012 2:45:04 PM
1. Valkyria Chronicles
2. Little King's Story
3. Pandora's Tower
4. LittleBigPlanet 2
5. The Last Story
#129DragoonGriffithPosted 12/27/2012 2:47:34 PM
1. Xenoblade
2. Tales of Vesperia
3. Trails in the Sky (I'd love to say any of them, but I only played FC for now)
4. Dragon Age: Origins
5. Dark Souls

A lot of other games like Fatal Frame 2 remake, Skyward Sword, Radiant Historia, Graces f... etc.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8hz5W.gif
#130RicardoSForeverPosted 12/27/2012 2:48:05 PM
1- Borderlands 2
2- Final Fantasy XIII
3- Uncharted 3
4- Pokemon Black/White 2
5- Pokemon Black/White

Inb4, 2 Pokemon games, sue me. They're good, and you know it. FF13 is good for me, even with all the hate. And the other 2 are simply amazing, but BL2 wins for me.
---
If this world was noob free; than nobody could laugh at least once!