This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
With this generation drawing to a close, what are your top 5 games this gen?
I was to busy replacing faulty consoles to buy alot of games but luckily the DSi XL is a very reliable machine so I will go with the following list.
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
The World Ends With You
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Final Fantasy III
Square Enix released a lot of great games on the DSi.
I wonder when they will make good console games again?
The 2 games I managed to beat before console-gheddon were great
I just realized this I could have bought more games if I had more money, but I sunk to much money in consoles to buy a lot of games this generation.
I rather buy games for consoles then buy consoles for games.
If a game needs DLC to be worth playing it is not worth playing at all
1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings(360)
2. Dragon Age: Origins:(PS3)
3. Mass Effect Trilogy(PS3)
4. Dark Souls(PS3)
5. Red Dead Redemption(PS3)
1. Phase Shift (PC - free rhythm indie game on DWSK's website: http://www.dwsk.co.uk/index_phase_shift.html )
2. Sonic Generations
3. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
4. Guitar Hero: Metallica
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam name: NejiHyuga900
Ok, this is in no particular order.
- Bioshock (360)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
- Borderlands (360)
- Batman: Arkham City (360)
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
The harder the game, the more likely you will scream and try to throw the game out of the window.
360 GT - BeyondLimitatio
PS3 IDOLM@STER 2.
PS3 Hyperdimension Neptunia series.
PS3 Mugen Souls.
PS3 Demon's/Dark Souls series.
Wii Metroid Prime Trilogy.
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
Mine are definitely...
1. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction (with the additional stuff, this game is EPIC)
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (mainly for the CUSTOMIZATION)
3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3(mainly for spec ops and survival modes)
4. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 1(just a fun game to play when bored)
5. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier(GUERRILLA MODE! GET IT!?)
I have more, but these are my favorite. Now playing rainbow six vegas 2, just installed it today and levelin' up like insane.
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Far Cry 2
Monster Hunter Tri
Left 4 Dead 2
1) Heavy Rain
3) Fallout 3
4) Super Smash Bros. Brawl
5) Team Fortress 2
This gen wasn't really that good because of the advent of First Person Shooters (every other game on the 360 is in this genre), terribly done motion control (or should I say lack of control), tacked on multiplayer for games that don't need it (Mass Effect 3 and Bioshock 2 are 2 that come to mind), and these "Online Passes" that EA made hugely popular that require a code for you to experience the game as it was supposed to be, even if it's a single player game (Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, and Kingdoms of Amalur come to mind).
I've enjoyed the indie game scene with Super Meat Boy, The Binding of Issac, Minecraft, and others that I failed to mention, and that's the only thing that seems to give original ideas on a regular basis.
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dishonored (360), The Walking Dead (PS3), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Tekken Tag 2 & New Super Mario Bros. U.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
In no particular order.
- Mass Effect Trilogy
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Final Fantasy XIII-2
- Rock Band 3
- Assassin's Creed II
- Persona 3 Portable (PSP)
- Devil Survivor (DS)
- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS)
And if you'd condense these two lists into one definitive top 5:
- Mass Effect Trilogy
- Persona 3 Portable
- Devil Survivor
- Rock Band 3
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia