This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls is the best JRPG of this gen!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dark Souls is the best JRPG of this gen!

User Info: gilv3r

gilv3r
4 years ago#1
Hopefully they dont meas up the sequel. Demons Souls is VERY close as well.
i7 2600k : 8GB G. Skill Ripjaws : 7870 Hawk : 1TB WDCB : 64gig M4 Crucial : 256gig OCZ Vertex 4

User Info: CynicalGamer1

CynicalGamer1
4 years ago#2
You have a nice opinion, but that is all it is. Your opinion. I have played JRPG's since the days of the NES and I do not agree with you. I would rank it 6th at best.

User Info: archizzy

archizzy
4 years ago#3
Wonder how many posts it will take before people take the bait yet again and fall into a "not a jrpg" battle that always ensues. This topic gets made every week and without fail people fall for it every time.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton

User Info: echa_One

echa_One
4 years ago#4
archizzy posted...
Wonder how many posts it will take before people take the bait yet again and fall into a "not a jrpg" battle that always ensues. This topic gets made every week and without fail people fall for it every time.

Congrats! It's your post! :D
3 things I dislike before a game release:
The wait, the haters and the trolls

User Info: BroDudeJaggies

BroDudeJaggies
4 years ago#5
TC never played Demon's Souls
U.S.A. - The only country known to have dropped nuclear devices on civilians

User Info: velvet_hammer

velvet_hammer
4 years ago#6
archizzy posted...

true but also speaks how good this game is.. I too think its the best rpg in a long time that also brings innovation.. But some people take this game overboard with praise.. we all know how good it is sheeesh
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique

User Info: Mattywright77

Mattywright77
4 years ago#7
Best RPG made by the japanese this gen yes.

User Info: StarDestinyGuy

StarDestinyGuy
4 years ago#8
I enjoy Tales of Graces F more.
"What's the point of playing video games if they're not shooters?" - Person I know IRL
# of people depressed by this: 247

User Info: monkeypahng

monkeypahng
4 years ago#9
Nope. Probably the best you've played.
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang

User Info: oasisbeyond

oasisbeyond
4 years ago#10
DS series is the best thing to happen this gen and a great story.
Came out of no where, started getting praise and high scores... Slowly started to get sales.
The sequel sold very well and it's now a success story instead of another good ip gone on the way side.

Can't wait for part 3 or whatever you want to call it. Just no more Blight Town frame issues please...
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dark Souls is the best JRPG of this gen!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived