This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls is the best JRPG of this gen!

#11ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/27/2012 6:21:11 PM
Nope, Demon's Souls is.
#12zUkUuPosted 12/27/2012 6:21:38 PM
It might be the best (along with Demon Souls) when it comes to gameplay, but it's only the 2nd best overall. NieR would like to have a word with you.
#13thisranksPosted 12/27/2012 6:22:04 PM
Well, it's not Gamefaqs without the regionally challenged...

I'll just get the coffee and popcorn ready because the ignorance was already neck deep when the topic got posted. I suspect this will just get worse. It's good thing we have topics like these though. It makes it easier to remember what kind of topics we shouldn't have.

BTW TC, exactly whose definiton of JRPG are you using seeing changes faster than a floating decimal point...

One last point ... you don't mind if i go by the actual definiton of a RPG, do you? I know it's gonna be tough knowing there's one person out there who isn't going to let you and the other regionally challenged decide how to define my games for me. Of course it'll be tough ... you may control forum space but you can't control me.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#14CynicalGamer1Posted 12/27/2012 6:22:56 PM
StarDestinyGuy posted...
I enjoy Tales of Graces F more.

So did I. It was the worst Tales game to date, but stood out just because there was absolutely nothing else that good this gen. DS gets praise mostly because of the artificial difficulty. Its cool to act like you are good at it, because neckbeards think it makes them a good gamer. Spoiler: It doesn't.
#15zUkUuPosted 12/27/2012 6:24:50 PM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
StarDestinyGuy posted...

So did I. It was the worst Tales game to date, but stood out just because there was absolutely nothing else that good this gen. DS gets praise mostly because of the artificial difficulty. Its cool to act like you are good at it, because neckbeards think it makes them a good gamer. Spoiler: It doesn't.

describe "artificial" please.
#16ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/27/2012 6:27:10 PM
zUkUu posted...
CynicalGamer1 posted...
StarDestinyGuy posted...

describe "artificial" please.

Artificial = "I suck at the game, but it isn't my fault, because I'm the best gamer in the world, so the game's difficulty is artificial."
#17antoinejonesPosted 12/27/2012 6:33:27 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
DS series is the best thing to happen this gen and a great story.
Came out of no where, started getting praise and high scores... Slowly started to get sales.
The sequel sold very well and it's now a success story instead of another good ip gone on the way side.

Can't wait for part 3 or whatever you want to call it. Just no more Blight Town frame issues please...

stopped reading at the "great story" part
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#18thisranksPosted 12/27/2012 6:35:04 PM
archizzy posted...
Wonder how many posts it will take before people take the bait yet again and fall into a "not a jrpg" battle that always ensues. This topic gets made every week and without fail people fall for it every time.

That wouldn't happen to be because not everyone buys the J/W crap, now would it?

Having your own opinion about it is perfectly fine. Forcing it on others by bringing it to a forum? Not fine. The fact that these topics always degenerate says it all. Anonymous posters pushing their personal beliefs onto others is all this is, not an actual discussion.

Of course i could just as easily they are purposely posted to start trouble. I may even be right, but it's not my website nor my rules. It's just people seeing how far they can push the envelope. Funny considering how many people complain when developers do it.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#19archizzyPosted 12/27/2012 6:39:07 PM
Of course i could just as easily they are purposely posted to start trouble.

That is exactly why they get posted. Whatever the flavor of the month is to get people to argue.

Just like years ago it was "Folklore is the best RPG on the PS3"

Then there would be 500 posts of people arguing whether it was an rpg or not. They are clearly bait topics. Especially when they they write the designation in all caps to make it stand out.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#20nouseravailablePosted 12/27/2012 6:45:00 PM
thisranks posted...
archizzy posted...
Wonder how many posts it will take before people take the bait yet again and fall into a "not a jrpg" battle that always ensues. This topic gets made every week and without fail people fall for it every time.

That wouldn't happen to be because not everyone buys the J/W crap, now would it?

Having your own opinion about it is perfectly fine. Forcing it on others by bringing it to a forum? Not fine. The fact that these topics always degenerate says it all. Anonymous posters pushing their personal beliefs onto others is all this is, not an actual discussion.

Of course i could just as easily they are purposely posted to start trouble. I may even be right, but it's not my website nor my rules. It's just people seeing how far they can push the envelope. Funny considering how many people complain when developers do it.

Same thing you did in the other post. You, like everyone else here, (myself included) are not observers from an ivory tower, holding the truth the others are not able to see. We dont know each here,yet a few come arround thinking they are the last cookie in the package.
About Dark Souls: yeah its great, i just like Radiant Historia better tho.
---
"I dont have a daughter. But I cant let that stop me from sorting out her musical training." -why the lucky stiff