This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls is the best JRPG of this gen!

#31Raven_CyarmPosted 12/27/2012 9:44:00 PM
Reassurance topic.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#32brainlackPosted 12/27/2012 10:01:42 PM
zUkUu posted...
It might be the best (along with Demon Souls) when it comes to gameplay, but it's only the 2nd best overall. NieR would like to have a word with you.

we need a spiritual successor of drakengard series imagine drakengard 3 and sequel of drakengard 4 with a sub sequel nier 2
---
ASRock N68C-GS FX, 550ti, phenom ii 1100t
MSI MS 7210, 690 gtx, pentium 4 524 @ 4.2 suicide stock cooler
#33AsellusPosted 12/27/2012 10:12:37 PM
It is an RPG made in japan no?

And "Cthulhu Saves the World" is a jrpg made in the west.
#34demesjos2Posted 12/27/2012 10:49:08 PM
StarDestinyGuy posted...
I enjoy Tales of Graces F more.

same
#35Rishah0078Posted 12/27/2012 11:57:33 PM
Dark Souls was good, but it's highly overrated.

StrifeXero posted...
Xenoblade Chronicles is the best JRPG this gen, the other games listed are WRPG, minus TOGf.

I would say this is also highly overrated, but I am one of the few who hated this game. There are very few things I liked about it. I struggled to play it, but kept thinking it might get better. It did not, IMO.

StarDestinyGuy posted...
I enjoy Tales of Graces F more.

Me too, which is weird because I think it has a ton of flaws, lacked a lot of things that made other Tales games great, but I really enjoyed the combat and that just did it for me.

So I guess my question is, how are we defining "best"? The one that will have the biggest impact on the genre or its perception? The one that received the best reviews? The one we had the most fun playing?

And of course, other people will question what is or is not a JRPG. I've seen that argument enough. Please, no more...