This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the Best Real-Time-Strategy Games for the PS3?

#11zone_cmdrPosted 12/27/2012 10:38:13 PM
PS2 Classic: GrimGrimoire
---
PSN: GTfig
Battlefield 3 | SSX | NFS: Most Wanted
#12antoinejonesPosted 12/27/2012 11:40:56 PM
To_Ci posted...
Pretty sure R.U.S.E is the only true RTS on PS3. Overlord series is good if you want an action-adventure hybrid.

under siege
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#13LordOfLegaciesPosted 12/28/2012 12:20:23 AM
I enjoyed Tom Clancey's EndWar. it's fairly shallow but still pretty fun. Just learn your phonetics and find time to play it where you can be alone and not feel weird about just talking to the game.
For the most part though you won't find many RTS games with good controls on consoles because they were designed for use with a mouse and keyboard. If you have an older computer, there are several great games to play. Starcraft and the Brood War expansion have both aged very well. The graphics are dated but it really doesn't hinder gameplay at all IMO, it still looks pretty cool.
Also Total Annihilation is very old with not good graphics but once again I don't feel that it hinders gameplay at all. And unless your computer was made more than 12 years ago, it will most likely not have any problems running either of those games.

ArkonBlade posted...
Also Valkyria Chronicles is not a RTS. Its a Stratagy RPG AKA SRPG. Although damn great game.

Turn-Based Tactical Strategy RPG =D
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#14antoinejonesPosted 12/28/2012 8:49:18 AM
LordOfLegacies posted...

For the most part though you won't find many RTS games with good controls on consoles because they were designed for use with a mouse and keyboard.

under siege... designed SPECIFICALLY for the ps3 controller :p
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#15true_gamer80Posted 12/28/2012 9:14:15 AM(edited)
I love RUSE
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#16DestinPosted 12/28/2012 9:15:41 AM
Crimson Skys posted...
Valkyria Chronicles

that's still turn based strategy not real time.
---
Destin the Valiant
#17true_gamer80Posted 12/28/2012 9:18:11 AM
To_Ci posted...
Pretty sure R.U.S.E is the only true RTS on PS3. Overlord series is good if you want an action-adventure hybrid.

there a number of them on ps3

endwar
red alert 3
RUSE
under siege
stormrise

a number of others aswell but off the top of my head heress a few, RUSe easily being my fav,
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#18LordOfLegaciesPosted 12/28/2012 1:14:50 PM
antoinejones posted...
under siege... designed SPECIFICALLY for the ps3 controller :p

And Halo Wars was designed specifically for the 360 controller, but still neither one of them are very easy to control well.

Destin posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
Valkyria Chronicles

that's still turn based strategy not real time.

Welcome to yesterday brah
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#19ocelot562Posted 12/28/2012 1:22:15 PM
I've only played Civ 5, stormrise and Ruse then I gave up on finding a good rts on consoles.
---
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
W. C. Fields
#20gilv3rPosted 12/28/2012 1:55:52 PM
get a pc then play company of heroes, anno 2070, starcraft, etc etc
---
i7 2600k : 8GB G. Skill Ripjaws : 7870 Hawk : 1TB WDCB : 64gig M4 Crucial : 256gig OCZ Vertex 4