This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

1200+ hrs on FFX...

#91kingofjamaicaPosted 12/28/2012 10:10:04 AM
I only put in enough to do everything, so about 140 hours.

Not even close to how much time I spent on Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I had at least three characters at well over 200 hours each.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#92Stone_MagnetPosted 12/28/2012 10:26:14 AM
altogether on FFX probably around 450-500 hours. On a single file I think my highest was right around 200 hours.
#93pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/28/2012 10:30:26 AM
100 + s well as well, everyones grid maxed pretty much all weapons, arena done, not even worth beating the game as everyone can do 99,999 damage even Yuna and Lulu.
---
Ryoma / Sora/ Naruto/ Ginta/ Lan/ luffy
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#94REmanZPosted 12/28/2012 10:54:12 AM
In Final Fantasy XI for a long time the "boss" to beat was Absolute Virtue.
---
There's no "I" in "Team" -- There's no "we" either...
#95ElvesAteMyRamenPosted 12/28/2012 10:58:05 AM
396 hours on one main file. Playing Blitzball, all Celestial Weapons, Sphere Grid maxed out for Auron, Tidus and Yuna, Dark Aeons/Penance beaten, and Monster Arena finished.
---
GT: iX RaZcaL iX
#96RPG maniac87Posted 12/28/2012 11:00:25 AM
About 1000 hours across all my save files. Never spent much more than 120 on a single one.
That's about how much time I put into each of the Final Fantasys except 2, 4, and 12.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#97TyrantLowKeyPosted 12/28/2012 11:12:01 AM
probably over 400+ across numerous saves/challenges and FFX/FFX International. Maybe 500 overall now that I think about it since I tried to do everything for FFX twice then stopped after I got my hands on International.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#98pedodlechePosted 12/28/2012 11:19:37 AM
375 hours and I still have not beaten the arena completely...My favorite final fantasy.
---
---
If you're happy and you know it clap you hands! (also put this as your signature)
#99ValedictorianXDPosted 12/28/2012 12:00:21 PM(edited)
OEIO999 posted...
Nakratos posted...
Remember, friends, be sure to don't feed the flamer.

I spent 260 hours on it in order to beat all Dark Aeons and Penance.

If that was aimed towards me. You mad bro?

Because someone has a different opinion than yours

Somebody is awfully in need of recognition.

El_Zaggy posted...
When I bought the ps2 I bought this game with it. I was in awe with the graphics. Played like 4 hours then I couldnt take it anymore. Tidus was amazingly annoying, seems to have dad issues (ff needs a psychologically well belanced character for once). Yuna seems the type to self sacrifice for others. Wakka seems... uinteresting. The world was bland.

Then lyeras later I decided to clear the game. I facepalmed all the way till the end, it was a cliché-jrpg once again.

So yea. I dont get how you put 1200 hours on a bad game

I'll agree on the first paragraph to some degree. I mean, some of these characters are just desperately emotional in the worst ways. That being said, I don't believe there is such thing as a psychologically well-balanced character. Even if it were possible, what makes those characters appealing? Nothing really because people typically have nothing to relate to at that point. I see what you are saying but your demand seems a bit detrimental and wholly unrealistic. I suppose a better suggestion would be to have a character that doesn't make you feel awkward when you are playing the game and somebody walks into the room. Idk how that would be done but its worth considering during character development.

Now, for your next 2 statements:
1. I get that the game is a cliche jrpg but what game isn't? From the greatest to worst titles, pretty much every jrpg I have ever played has been "cliche." It's like saying that FPS games have too many bullets. It's kinda moot when nearly every other game of its genre does the same.
2. How is it a bad game? What about it seemed off to you? I'm naturally curious about this.

LenneValkirye posted...
Even with all my playthroughs combined I don't think I got past 300 hours total. And that was 10 years ago.
FFX's battle system is simply not enjoyable in this era. Playing it a couple of hours nowdays would be enough to drive me insane.

I agree to an extent. The mindless button mashing/grinding back then can't really perform that well in this day and age unless you market yourself as a parody game (like Breath of Death 7). These days, I'm strangely addicted to the immersion granted by games like Fallout New Vegas or Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and it's predecessors). Not only does the combat not really get stale as quickly since you have to re-adjust for any and every encounter but it feels like you're part of the action and not just some ruthless commander giving orders.

That being said, the battle system in FFX>FFXII or FFXIII. FF12 definitely had its quirkiness and to an extent, the battle system could have worked. However, something about the automation found in the gambit system left a bitter taste in my mouth. It would have been nice if it had been optional but the Gambit system pretty much becomes essential at later points in the game. It felt like I was writing code. And FF13? It's basically FFX-2 with like...1/10 of the options. Probably less.

The only decent battle system I have seen as of late was in Resonance of Fate. Very tactical...if only the learning curve wasn't so damn steep.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#100GM_Posted 12/28/2012 12:00:25 PM
49 on the dot... And I finished it. I didn't bother with the impossible to play Blitzball game.