This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xenoblade Chronicles NEEDED to be a PS3 game and NOT go to the Wii!!!

#121KamexPosted 12/28/2012 1:33:48 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
A game like Xenoblade being released on the Wii is like coming across a vase made out pure gold....that happens to be stuck in a 7 foot pile of turd. Yeah, you'll get your money's worth eventually but goddamn why couldn't the vase just be on a better platform?

I always thought getting a Wii game was like getting a great movie on fullscreen VHS instead of widescreen BR.

I rented Xenoblade, and just couldn't stand the controls. I'll probably buy it myself and see if I can get it running on an emulator instead. I wish it had been released on the PS3, hell even the PS2.
---
|< a /\/\ e
If you love someone, set them free. If they come home, set them on fire.
#122deathsaber79Posted 12/28/2012 1:48:24 PM
Once again, just for ad nauseum (and this comes from no console bias, as I own all of the big 3's consoles)

MONOLIFT SOFT IS NOW OWNED BY NINTENDO.

THEY ARE A FIRST PARTY DEVELOPER FOR NINTENDO ONLY- SAME AS RETRO, HAL LABS, OR ANY OTHER DEV HOUSE NINTENDO HAS.

THIS WASN'T DONE AGAINST MONOLITH'S WILL- NINTENDO PAID FOR AND COMMISIONED XENOBLADE CHRONICLES TO BE MADE ESPECIALLY FOR THEM.

YOU WILL NEVER.........EVVVVVVEEEEER!!! SEE XENOBLADE CHRONICLES ON ON A SONY CONSOLE, AS EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GAME, INCLUDING THE COMPANY WHO MADE IT IS 100% OWNED BY NINTENDO

The end.
#123Kenichi34Posted 12/28/2012 1:49:15 PM
Jesus...I'm not sure why whenever there's a great exclusive on a Nintendo system everyone whines and hopes that the company will "wise up" and move it to a Sony/Microsoft system, while exclusives on a Sony/Microsoft system never get that type of treatment. Underpowered system or not there isn't any good legitimate excuse. Fanboys...

Unfortunately for a lot of you, last I checked, Nintendo owns Monolith, so you'll just have to settle for their games on Nintendo systems. Just enjoy that you can get quality games from them at all, regardless of which system it's on.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#124FEAddictPosted 12/28/2012 1:49:31 PM
Yeah, well sucks to suck.
---
The biggest Wii U fanatic in the world right here!!
#125monkeypahngPosted 12/28/2012 1:55:08 PM
So much butthurt in this topic.

Is it really necessary to hate on Nintendo just because you want a first party title to go on other consoles?
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#126ShindoKokoroPosted 12/28/2012 2:02:26 PM
Maybe to prove that games don't need hd graphics to be beautiful, as so many gamers today have seem to forgotten.
---
And thus, did SquareEnix churn out Crisis Core, further propagating the downfall of the industry. -- Gamer's Bible, Book of the 2nd Crash, Chapter 2, Verse 3
#127KamexPosted 12/28/2012 2:02:34 PM
I don't hate. I just think it's a pity that Xenoblade had to be on the Wii.
---
|< a /\/\ e
If you love someone, set them free. If they come home, set them on fire.
#128The_BoredomPosted 12/28/2012 2:05:19 PM(edited)
If it had been on the PS3 it would've absurdly increased development costs and time and the damn thing might as well have been the next Versus just because some teenagers get all upset because they can't play games without pretty graphics.

What matters are aesthetics, and in that aspect it was perfectly fine on the Wii.
#129RPG maniac87Posted 12/28/2012 2:09:40 PM
ramseanGoodbye posted...
The main reason Xenoblade gets the hype it does, is because of the size and beauty of its world.

This. A lot of gamers on these forums are little kids, physically or mentally, that love playing in sandboxes.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#130ShonenSentaiPosted 12/28/2012 2:15:02 PM
Not to mention that the Wii has outsold the PS3 in pretty much every market that matters, so the "reaching a larger audience" argument doesn't really apply.
---
Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 3568 9438 5817