This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xenoblade Chronicles NEEDED to be a PS3 game and NOT go to the Wii!!!

#131ramseanGoodbyePosted 12/28/2012 1:17:01 PM
Kamex posted...
Fo_Fai posted...
A game like Xenoblade being released on the Wii is like coming across a vase made out pure gold....that happens to be stuck in a 7 foot pile of turd. Yeah, you'll get your money's worth eventually but goddamn why couldn't the vase just be on a better platform?

I always thought getting a Wii game was like getting a great movie on fullscreen VHS instead of widescreen BR.

I rented Xenoblade, and just couldn't stand the controls. I'll probably buy it myself and see if I can get it running on an emulator instead. I wish it had been released on the PS3, hell even the PS2.

Sigh.... the game is fully compatible with the classic controller pro, it was even sold bundled with one.
#132AnclationPosted 12/28/2012 1:19:40 PM
Man, with so much hate and whining on just one topic the Waahmbulance doesn't stand a chance of attending to all of your butthurt.

You guys are right about one thing though, Xenoblade is an absolutely amazing game :)
#133Kevinroth666Posted 12/28/2012 1:27:09 PM
I think a lot of the magic would have been ruined on the PS3. I thought the wiimote and nunchuka really added to the gameplay.
#134leet_x1337Posted 12/28/2012 1:48:17 PM(edited)
Here's the thing: if it was made for the PS3, all the money that would have been spent into making the graphics up to scratch for the PS3 would have drained the "best JRPG ever" budget. So, really, the Wii is the only console it could have worked on.

Besides, it's like with Bayonetta: Would you honestly rather no Xenoblade at all to Xenoblade, but not on your preferred console?
---
Now Playing: closed for business
Re-opening: After the Steam sale ends
#135reimisbuttPosted 12/28/2012 1:44:28 PM
Xenobooty didnt need anything

the game isnt worthy of being on PS3
#136NolaxPosted 12/28/2012 1:47:37 PM
Yeah it would have done better in the sales on the better consoles but at least Nintendo made the game, so i'm thankful that they did.
#137KingJaggiPosted 12/28/2012 1:58:24 PM
So much hate lol.
---
Psn:KingJaggi 3DS Fc:1590-5213-0522
I LOVE MONSTER HUNTER!!
#138datopgamerPosted 12/28/2012 2:15:11 PM
The game is already on the right platform. It's not like a Wii is very expensive. I wouldn't have minded HD graphics, but the game looks great as is. I've only gotten about 32 hours in the game but I will finish it eventually. If you are a true fan of the RPG genre then you should pick this game up. It's not like the Wii doesn't have great games to justify the purchase anyways as you can get Xenoblade, The Last Story, Zelda SS, Mario Kart and many other games. Sure there are a lot of bad games on the system, but it's like that with most consoles. Even Sony has this problem for some people as I can't find any games worth playing on my system, at least after MGS4. I have started playing Tales of Graces f, but even that is a port of a Wii game.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors
#139Ness0123456789Posted 12/28/2012 2:18:56 PM
The game was mediocre garbage that never should have even been released over here. It plays like a bad MMO, it has 2D characters ( and one of the most annoyingly awful protagonists in a JRPG since..well..ever) and more Deus Ex Machina than the entire Xenosaga games combined, and the sooner I and everyone else forget about it, the better.

Seriously, the game was trash, and I don't see why people obsess over it so much. And yes, I did finish the game, and it was a chore to do so.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#140BosSBaerPosted 12/28/2012 2:21:14 PM
idrc82 posted...
It certainly is an amazing jrpg. Perhaps even the best i played in a decade. But it is what it is, thats the whole purpose of exclusives. Kinda like how people screamed foul when bayonetta 2 was announced for wii u exclusive.

---
iOS6 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz