This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xenoblade Chronicles NEEDED to be a PS3 game and NOT go to the Wii!!!

#141Second_ChancesPosted 12/28/2012 3:35:29 PM(edited)
Nintendo almost completely owns Monolith. If I recall, the only way Monolith isn't just considered a plain old studio at Nintendo yet is the founders own some ridiculously small amount of stock still, like three percent or less, and somehow that's enough that they aren't completely Nintendo yet. They're like Rare back in the 64 days, only it isn't a partnership, it's ownership. And actually, I think Monolith's studios are actually inside one of Nintendo's buildings at this point. And Xenoblade was made after Nintendo scooped them up, and it's a full on Nintendo IP. Although, Nintendo does let Monolith do whatever they want still, such as their joints with Namco and Banpresto for Endless Frontier and Project X Zone. At least, as long as it stays on a Nintendo system.

So, basically, blame Namco, because they were the ones who ditched Monolith after the first Baiten Kaitos and left Nintendo to grab them. Nintendo even were the publishers of Baiten Kaitos Origins, not Namco.

Personally, I don't care what system a game's on, as long as the game's fun, the system has a reason for me to get it, and even one great game justifies a system purchase for me. Tales of Graces F did it for me with the PS3 alone, although other games justified the purchase for me even more regardless of Graces. It's nice to be an idort. Only system I don't have is a 360, because I used to and played everything I actually wanted to on it. Now it's got nothing I want to I haven't already and there's no reason for me to get a new one.
#142AlltraPosted 12/28/2012 3:39:39 PM(edited)
All I know is, I'd have preferred to play it on a PS3 rather than the Wii. Even if the game existed exactly as it does now in every respect, I'd have preferred it on the PS3.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#143TJSpykePosted 12/28/2012 3:50:40 PM
Alltra posted...
All I know is, I'd have preferred to play it on a PS3 rather than the Wii. Even if the game existed exactly as it does now in every respect, I'd have preferred it on the PS3.

Why? The PS3 controller sucks.
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#144Meta LobsterPosted 12/28/2012 4:05:41 PM
This is why it pays to not be a fanboy and not align with any particular company.

It's like being at a buffet and only eating from one table because it has that macaroni you like.
---
Do all you people just post just to complain about the opinions of others?
#145UniversquallPosted 12/28/2012 4:08:58 PM
How do you know that it still wouldn't look like crap if it wasn't a PS2 gen game?
---
NP: Suikoden III (PS2) Assassin's Creed III (PS3) MNR (Vita) Total Annihilation (PC) Xenoblade (Wii U) Nope (360)
#146Second_ChancesPosted 12/28/2012 4:09:32 PM
Alltra posted...

Just play it on Dolphin. The only bonus the PS3 would've given is running at 720p/1080p and you could use a Dualshock 3. Dolphin lets you do both of those, and more.

Otherwise, it's just console fanboyism.
#147kaiserzero61Posted 12/28/2012 4:10:04 PM
It would be a different game if it came out on PS3 instead of Wii.
Considering the size of Monolith Soft, a worse game probably.
#148Pyro76Posted 12/28/2012 4:15:51 PM
deathsaber79 posted...
Once again, just for ad nauseum (and this comes from no console bias, as I own all of the big 3's consoles)

MONOLIFT SOFT IS NOW OWNED BY NINTENDO.

THEY ARE A FIRST PARTY DEVELOPER FOR NINTENDO ONLY- SAME AS RETRO, HAL LABS, OR ANY OTHER DEV HOUSE NINTENDO HAS.

THIS WASN'T DONE AGAINST MONOLITH'S WILL- NINTENDO PAID FOR AND COMMISIONED XENOBLADE CHRONICLES TO BE MADE ESPECIALLY FOR THEM.

YOU WILL NEVER.........EVVVVVVEEEEER!!! SEE XENOBLADE CHRONICLES ON ON A SONY CONSOLE, AS EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GAME, INCLUDING THE COMPANY WHO MADE IT IS 100% OWNED BY NINTENDO

The end.

Quoting in case
---
Sin & Punishment - Star Successor Record Holder (Stage 7)
Currently playing: New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story
#149oxnerdPosted 12/28/2012 4:16:36 PM
It couldn't, with that big of a world, practically an mmorpg, on the ps3, assuming they try to give it the best graphics, that would have bankrupted the developers. There's a reason these cool jrpgs are on the wii, its because its cheap to make.
#150Scion_MachinaPosted 12/28/2012 4:21:33 PM
All I hear in this board is a bunch of whining from over-entitled children who apparently have never had to live through or remember the days of Nintendo and Sega where console exclusives were more common.

Can't spare any change for the system? Too bad!!!! Otherwise,just save up and get a Wii on surplus prices. Don't go bashing a system just because of the lack of third party support it has.

You people disgust me on the same level as those ignorant monkeys who complain that Bayonetta 2 is WiiU exclusive when no other company would raise a finger for her.
---
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.