This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xenoblade Chronicles NEEDED to be a PS3 game and NOT go to the Wii!!!

#161Godly_GoofPosted 12/28/2012 5:07:42 PM
Shishio07 posted...
I dont understand why they even bother making RPGs or Strategy games for the Wii, I thought the Wii was for olf people and children who don't want to learn how to play a game but just be engorged on all the sim-sport games and whatever other garbage Nintendo is putting out that isnt Fire Emblem.

If wii is only for old people then PS3 is only for free online COD. Fact.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#162theherotw9dPosted 12/28/2012 5:16:24 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Prince Shondronai posted...
What would have been the cost of developing Xenoblade and The Last Story on the PS3 and/or 360? The same cost that Factor 5 and a handful of other developers paid this gen, perhaps?

Factor 5 closed because they released a lack-luster game within the console's first year (meaning there wasn't a huge audience to sell it to). The amount of hype Lair had would've made it a success if it had taken another year in the oven...

Companies release lackluster games all the time. Sometimes, back to back. It doesn't immediately put them out of business though if at all.

Whent he cost of developing a game is over "5 TIMES!" what is was with previous games, then it becomes a different story.

Most big name games on the PS3 and 360 are so expensive to make, that moving a million units won't even break even.

On the other hand, big name games can make a profit the Wii with on 200k sells. The Last Story and Xenoblad both made their companies money. Haze, Lair, and Kingdoms of Alamar did not.
#163Anema1986Posted 12/28/2012 5:56:13 PM
no, too bad, get a wii and play it
---
The only time where a bible is useful is in a castlevania game
#164Hawker44Posted 12/28/2012 5:57:11 PM
Chocobo115 posted...
Hope Monolith can break free from the chains of Nintendo, so they can release their games on Playstation consoles and gain a larger audience.
Also hope mistwalker figures this out as well.

Monolith is considered 1st party, like Intelligent Systems who make Fire Emblem & Paper Mario or Hal who makes Kirby, Smash Bros, & Mother (Earthbound) or Retro studios who are famous for Metroid Prime & Donkey Kong Country Returns.

In other words, there's a much a change of Monolith not being part of Nintendo as there is Guerrilla Games (Killzone), Naughty Dog (Uncharted, Jax), or Sucker Punch (Sly, Infamous) leaving Sony for Nintendo or Microsoft.

In Gamefaqs terms, want to play more games from Monolith, shut up & by Nintendo consoles.
#165BokuxPicoPosted 12/28/2012 5:57:42 PM
If Xenoblade was on the PS3 it would take 4 extra years to get it done in HD
#166vecrynPosted 12/28/2012 6:00:27 PM
Monolith soft which made the game is owned by Nintendo, so technically Xenoblade is a first party game on the wii not a 3rd party. Also Nintendo rarely makes games for other systems, if it's from Nintendo then it's going to be an exclusive to their system.

I'm sure all that has already been said though throughout this topic. I do hope Nintendo uses Monolith more though, since xenogears remains to this day my favorite game of all time. Xenosaga was amazing too in my opinion but it suffered from a lack of gameplay so it felt more like an interactive movie than a game heh. I love the company though so I really hope for more games from them.
#167Sheria_KPosted 12/28/2012 6:02:47 PM
Nah, the PS3 or Playstation never had any hold of the genre and never will. You want a game, get the platiform it's on, that's the way it has always worked, get used to it.
---
Currently Playing: Illusion of Time (Gaia), The Walking Dead, Back to the Future and Far Cry 3.
#168iRawrHardcorePosted 12/28/2012 6:17:07 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
The answer is simple:

Nintendo paid to have it made.

Sony did not.

In fact, Nintendo owns the company that made it.
#169CressetPosted 12/28/2012 6:31:25 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
This game NEEDED to have been made for PS3 in all HD beauty and glory to be played with a Dualshock 3.

No one talks like that. Sounds like a sales pitch.
---
What's the matter, the Zubats and Geodudes too much for you? Can't get through a cave with just five monsters? How sad. - mikeburnfire
#170Lelouch71Posted 12/28/2012 6:39:48 PM
Blame Sony for not giving a **** when Namdai lost it rights to Monolith Soft. Nintendo was wise enough to purchase them. Either man up and buy a Wii/Wii U or stop complaining TC.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"