This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xenoblade Chronicles NEEDED to be a PS3 game and NOT go to the Wii!!!

#181BosSBaerPosted 12/28/2012 8:28:53 PM
NO
---
iOS6 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz
#182OzzieArcanePosted 12/28/2012 8:30:05 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
It would have been a success had it release on PS3. JRPGs don't sell well on other systems.

JRPGs don't sell well on the PS3. Not a single JRPG released on the system aside from Final Fantasy XIII (Which you all think is crap) sold more then half a million copies. Matter of fact is that while you all still think Sony is the god of JRPGs, they're just as much a shooter box as the X-Box is.

Because that's what sells, JRPGs don't sell enough to match the rising budget costs. I say this as someone who hates shooters and JRPGs, but I have the sense to realize that even thought it's garbage stuff like Call of Duty is loved while JRPGs are hated.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#183lambchipsPosted 12/28/2012 8:53:20 PM(edited)
CBrate posted...
Nice to see the old Nintendo bait still works every time.

to be fair people here are the most insecure.... i mean just look at this topic, its gotten over 100 posts and there are still people trying to down talk nintendo with opinion trying to make them too like facts (its just like how people used to talk about how pc gaming cant do xxx and cant do xxx, it took a few pc gamers to come here to clear all that up)

if this had been on another board i doubt a topic like this would last longer than 3 hours...
^ people would just agree to disagree and move on, but while over here its still going back and forth

i usually compare these types of topics to the mediasale topics on the 3ds and vita boards...
the 3ds owners dont even look like they care the 3ds is selling (the sale topics is usually dead before it hits 20 posts, heck back when the 3ds was flopping i dont think sale topics had more than 200 posts)
but
yet on the vita board that same topic is always active because its similar to what we're seeing... people bashing nintendo for w/e reason

i came to the conclusion that sony fans are the most insecure... they need to fight back for everything because they feel if they keep quiet sony would somehow die
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#184clevermonikerPosted 12/28/2012 8:46:26 PM
William_18 posted...
Stop being such a baby and enjoy the game.

This. God forbid anyone should have to acknowledge that the Wii has good games.

I swear, nobody catches as much $#&! as Nintendo for absolutely no reason.
#185DrakillionPosted 12/28/2012 10:04:06 PM
For me: the game needed to be in HD; I couldn't care less what system. It looked really dull, lifeless, and flat on my HD TV. It was fun enough that I didn't mind at all, but I'm one of those people that can't get into a game easily if it's on SD going to HD.

If it was The Last Story however....
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#186HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 3:47:59 AM
Thor61 posted...
lol all these delusional PS3 owners. PS3 doesn't get good JRPGs and it never will because the PS3 isn't that popular in Japan.

lawl.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#187killakPosted 12/29/2012 3:56:33 AM
Wow someone else who has played it and liked it. I really enjoyed it, one of the darkest and best stories Nintendo have ever produced. Plot wise its easily better than both Xenoblade and The Last Story, character wise its better than Xenoblade, and those bosses are some of the best this gen. If it wasn't for 5 towers reusing a theme, I think it would have been reviewed much higher than it is.

Absolutely love it. We get a nice adventure trio on the Wii, The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles and Pandoras Tower.

Pandora was only brought to my attention via a name drop, I can't remember where, but I instantly thought "i want to own a game called Pandora's Tower". Checked out a couple of videos and bought it on release.

Some of the puzzles are so much fun, the boss fights are great and feeding the girl monster flesh and timing your trips back to the cottage...... awesome strategy. And the chain...... oh man, the chain is such a sweet weapon/tool. Ontop of that, REALLY responsive controls and awesome graphics.

hell yes, i love it
---
My instant game collection - http://tinyurl.com/dxq27an
#188KamexPosted 12/29/2012 10:00:26 AM
OzzieArcane posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...
It would have been a success had it release on PS3. JRPGs don't sell well on other systems.

JRPGs don't sell well on the PS3. Not a single JRPG released on the system aside from Final Fantasy XIII (Which you all think is crap) sold more then half a million copies. Matter of fact is that while you all still think Sony is the god of JRPGs, they're just as much a shooter box as the X-Box is.

Because that's what sells, JRPGs don't sell enough to match the rising budget costs. I say this as someone who hates shooters and JRPGs, but I have the sense to realize that even thought it's garbage stuff like Call of Duty is loved while JRPGs are hated.

I don't think many jrpgs have even been made for the PS3. Last gen they were on the PS2, but now they've hopped over to handhelds.

Demon's Souls, Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, Resonance of Fate, uh...that Altier Alchemist series, Tales of Vesperia and Graces f, and Valkyria Chronicles. Those are the biggest exclusive jrpgs I can think of. Compared to last gen, the PS3 doesn't have much. I don't think the COD base has anything to do with it because it's not like Japan is holding out on exporting a bunch of jrpgs. I think it's simply a budget issue, and it's why jrpgs can now be found on handhelds instead of consoles this gen.
---
|< a /\/\ e
If you love someone, set them free. If they come home, set them on fire.
#189Lelouch71Posted 12/29/2012 2:42:35 PM
OzzieArcane posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...

I forgot about commenting on that post but I agree. Most people still seem to think that many people on the PS3 gives a damn about jrpg outside of FF and I guess now Demon/Dark Souls. The vast majority of jrpgs are lucky to get over 100K on the PS3. Shooters and western games in general always sell more on the PS3. That is the audience. If you are a jrpg fan you already own a 3DS (or DS) and a PSP (or Vita) because that where the games are.

Xenoblade actually did very well on the Wii moreso in the US surprisingly. I remember hearing about Reggie being quite shock and a bit impressed. I think TLS also sold better in the US. It was even Xseed best selling game ever. Anyway those whining needs to give up on Monolith Soft leaving Nintendo. They like being there and Takahashi (the creator of Xenogears/Saga/Blade) is already working on his new Wii U title. I do find it a bit hypocritical for people complaining about the Wii not having good games but as soon as it does people want to hate and bash Nintendo. It's hypocrisy at its finest.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#190fire2boxPosted 12/29/2012 2:45:51 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
This game NEEDED to have been made for PS3 in all HD beauty and glory .

No... just.. no.

While it would look better on PS3, if you want graphics then its all about PC. RSX is what 7 years old now, maybe 8?
---
Roswill Challenger case | ASRock B75 PRO3 | Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB G Skill ripsaw DDR3 @ 1600 | single XFX 7870 GHz edition | OCZ 600W modular PSU