This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What cable do you think will come included with the next PlayStation?

#11EoinPosted 12/28/2012 3:08:45 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Composite, it works on any TV, which is good because not everyone owns an HDTV, why people think Sony would include a cable that not everyone would be able to use since it requires an HDTV, which not everyone has, is beyond me.

Or include both composite and HDMI, satisfy both parties.

Sony won't include composite cables because it would increase the expense. The majority of TVs are now HDTVs, and HDTV owners will make up a very large majority of people buying a PS4 in its first few years. For the people who are buying a PS4 to play on a SDTV, chances are that they'll already own PS4-compatible composite cables, from the days of the PS3....or PS2....or even PSone. If not, shops will be happy to sell them PlayStation AV-multi-out composite cables at an inflated price (something it's becoming more difficult to do with HDMI cables, not that it's stopping some shops from trying).
#12JoveHackPosted 12/28/2012 3:11:03 PM
Sony will keep including composite cables, and nothing else, because that's how Sony rolls.

As I understand it, even now new PS3s come with composite cables, and no HDMI cables. If they can get away with it, then why change?

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#13keatonisballinPosted 12/28/2012 3:32:08 PM
They will include anal beads.
---
SEAHAWKS
http://i.minus.com/iX1pDeLuidf6Y.gif
#14riddlebox89Posted 12/28/2012 3:34:16 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Composite, it works on any TV, which is good because not everyone owns an HDTV, why people think Sony would include a cable that not everyone would be able to use since it requires an HDTV, which not everyone has, is beyond me.

HDTVs far outnumber SDTVs now a days.

And this is reason enough for Sony to tell people who paid for their products to go eff themselves if they don't have an HDTV? Nice logic there.

Eoin posted...
Sony won't include composite cables because it would increase the expense. The majority of TVs are now HDTVs, and HDTV owners will make up a very large majority of people buying a PS4 in its first few years. For the people who are buying a PS4 to play on a SDTV, chances are that they'll already own PS4-compatible composite cables, from the days of the PS3....or PS2....or even PSone. If not, shops will be happy to sell them PlayStation AV-multi-out composite cables at an inflated price (something it's becoming more difficult to do with HDMI cables, not that it's stopping some shops from trying).

Lol look at this kid saying it'll increase the expense as if he knows what he's talking about, if including a composite cable was so expensive for them, then why in the hell have they done it since the PS1? Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they have a whole factory piled with boxes full of them. But oh it's sooo expensive for them to put a cable into a box!

And again with the "The majority of people own HDTV's" crap, that's irrelevant, there are still people who only have an SDTV for whatever reason, so you're saying that Sony should give them the finger and make them buy their own cables or an HDTV for one game console? Thankfully you're not in charge of what Sony does or they would've went under the first six months the PS3 was out.

Just because the majorty of people own HDTV's, does not mean they can't or should not include cables for people who play on SDTV's as well.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#15BluePuniGodPosted 12/28/2012 3:40:15 PM
Composite. Duh. The only time they'll release consoles with HDMI cables is when HDMI becomes the new composite.
#16EoinPosted 12/28/2012 3:54:54 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Lol look at this kid saying it'll increase the expense as if he knows what he's talking about

You're wrongly saying that including composite cables won't increase the expense? So according to you, composite cables are actually completely free, and you're laughably trying to pretend that I'm the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

riddlebox89 posted...
if including a composite cable was so expensive for them, then why in the hell have they done it since the PS1?

They have to include some kind of cable. They've always chosen the cable that covers the most bases, for the cheapest price. Next generation that's HDMI.

riddlebox89 posted...
And again with the "The majority of people own HDTV's" crap, that's irrelevant, there are still people who only have an SDTV for whatever reason, so you're saying that Sony should give them the finger and make them buy their own cables or an HDTV for one game console?

I explained this in my previous post, but since you're so incredibly ignorant that you think composite cables actually cost nothing at all, I suppose you didn't read or understand it. So to cover it once again: Sony will happily let people buy composite cables or use their previous ones. They spent pretty much this entire generation making people buy HDMI cables, yet you incorrectly think that they won't spend any of next generation saving themselves money on ancient composite cables?
#17IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/28/2012 3:58:27 PM
According to riddlebox: We should have never abandoned the RF modulator pack in with consoles, lol.
#18agrissaPosted 12/28/2012 4:03:40 PM
RF Modulator with Switch, obviously.
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#19zUkUuPosted 12/28/2012 4:04:18 PM
obviously AV cable.
#20Still__RippinPosted 12/28/2012 4:06:49 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...

HDTVs far outnumber SDTVs now a days.

And this is reason enough for Sony to tell people who paid for their products to go eff themselves if they don't have an HDTV? Nice logic there.

Eoin posted...

Lol look at this kid saying it'll increase the expense as if he knows what he's talking about, if including a composite cable was so expensive for them, then why in the hell have they done it since the PS1? Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they have a whole factory piled with boxes full of them. But oh it's sooo expensive for them to put a cable into a box!

And again with the "The majority of people own HDTV's" crap, that's irrelevant, there are still people who only have an SDTV for whatever reason, so you're saying that Sony should give them the finger and make them buy their own cables or an HDTV for one game console? Thankfully you're not in charge of what Sony does or they would've went under the first six months the PS3 was out.

Just because the majorty of people own HDTV's, does not mean they can't or should not include cables for people who play on SDTV's as well.

^^^^^^^^^^^
that guy is MAD! Lol!

Judging from how mad he is I assume he is one of the 12 people still gaming on an SDTV lol. Think about box, if people can afford a $500 day 1 purchase of a PS3 why would said individual still not have an HDTV? Why ship a console with HDMI cords when the majority of the people buying your product will need them? It's better business to say "eff you" to the SDTV people because there are less of them. Think about it, Sony can force all people with HDTV's or to go out and buy q separate cord, or they can make the 12 SDTV people go buy new cords. You follow me? Now, start saving now and get rid of that SDTV you have.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls