This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are playstation fans today even really loyal to the ps3?

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 12/28/2012 7:00:35 PM(edited)
ive been playing sony systems since the ps1 and i feel like fans today are fickle and maybe even have awkward tastes. for example im enjoying ratchet and clank a crack in time, this is a major franchise exclusive on the ps3, and im looking for a zoni, but im wondering how im going to get help online, because the board is completely dead. this is weird to me because this is by far easily one of the best games on the entire console, yet the boards DEAD? wtf.. this is like sony's major platformer....yet the boards thatre alive now are either games not out yet (lightning returns) or crappy call of duty whaaat? if i want fps ill go play pc srsly. are you guys even excited for sly cooper or will that board be dead too? what exactly is goin on, on this here gamefaqs..you guys only like capcom cash-ins and being ripped off on resident evil dlcs (yet complaining after you willingly buy capcom crap) and cookiecutter shooters over and over? -_- wow. what about the franchise exclusives? if i want third party id play an xbox because the online is superior as is the controller.. i dont understand you guyz explain yerselves. : D
#2BlackOrigamiSunPosted 12/28/2012 7:00:07 PM
Yeah, but nowadays they just start flame wars about JRPG vs. WRPG on this board. Too boring.

And I didn't even read your post. Just the title.
#3Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 7:02:53 PM(edited)
i freaking love jrpgs but people make fun of those too on gamefaqs, if i were to insult something it would be boarderlands 2 cause i dont see the big deal, is that really what you guys throw your hours into? im starting to see why gamefaqs was so pro 360 for so long. you guys are fps obsessed.
#4Sheria_KPosted 12/28/2012 7:03:01 PM
Too loyal in my opinion, a good 6+ years on and they still believe the console is some sort of Jrpg machine, the majority of which are still holding out instead of buying themselves a handheld or to a lesser extent a 360 to try some of those early exclusives.
---
Currently Playing: Illusion of Time (Gaia), The Walking Dead, Back to the Future and Far Cry 3.
#5Thor61Posted 12/28/2012 7:04:32 PM
Ratchet and Clank is a shooter.
#6Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 7:04:59 PM
other than final fantasy and disgaea i dont play many jrpgs on the ps3, it seems like theres many more of those on the handhelds
#7Gam3r777Posted 12/28/2012 7:11:31 PM
Yeah we're loyal. It's just most people that come on here are phony trolls that bash on games just so they can "fit in". What you see on the net isn't how people really are.
#8arclouks_xPosted 12/28/2012 7:12:33 PM
I still love playstation but my 3ds is great.
---
PSN:arclouksx -playing:Unit 13,Legend of dragoon,ff6,kz3mp.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png
#9UndeadDreamcastPosted 12/28/2012 7:16:09 PM
I love my ps3 but i have almost no interest in sonys exclusives. Its the only console i own so would that make me loyal? I also have no interest in 360 or nintendo first party exclusives. lol if Sega still made consoles I probably wouldnt have a ps3 tho
---
PSN: Spooky_Style
#10Sheria_KPosted 12/28/2012 7:18:55 PM
To be fair, gamers are far too fickle these days, but it's not a PS3 thing.

They call it higher standards, but to be honest with you I think it's just many are getting tired of games and don't want to admit it to themselves. So many seem to struggle to find something that truly hooks them like they remember during the PS1/2 days.

Having been gaming for 25 years now I can't say I share their issues though, I buy and enjoy as many games as I always did. I've had a lot of people admit to me they spend more time talking games these days than actually playing them, I don;t know what their problem is though.
---
Currently Playing: Illusion of Time (Gaia), The Walking Dead, Back to the Future and Far Cry 3.