This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trophy Envy?

#1CBASH13Posted 12/28/2012 9:23:30 PM
I sense a lot of trophy envy on this board. Perhaps a bit of jealousy or feeling of being inadequate. Do you look at your trophy card and feel a bit small?

Soo many topics it's like an epidemic. Perhaps there's a pill out there for all you.

I'm a solid 7 plats and have seen some people with a freakish 25+. Now I'm not telling anyone to whore around with Hannah Montana, but look yourself in the mirror and ask "Is all this jealous nonsense worth it?"

As the New Year approaches perhaps a resolution is needed. Instead of posting topics and polls whining about what you can't do, spend that time and energy attempting to accomplish something you haven't. Grow a little, and reach for that platinum.
---
It is what it is
#2dkconklinPosted 12/28/2012 9:25:15 PM
*yawn*
#3AalviPosted 12/28/2012 9:25:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4CBASH13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 9:26:53 PM
dkconklin posted...
*yawn*

^ Definitely has the envy. You're soo easy to spot.
---
It is what it is
#5ManuKesnaPosted 12/28/2012 9:30:12 PM
Only 7 platinums and you are trying to brag like this? LOL
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#6userfrigginamePosted 12/28/2012 9:32:48 PM
It's more like the incredulousness at how ppl would rather fervently pursue video game accolades and accomplishments rather than real-life accomplishments. For some it may actually be trophy envy, but for others it may be more like "get a life."
#7War_FailPosted 12/28/2012 9:33:18 PM
Aalvi posted...
people here have the downs, you kinda learn how to deal with it.

---
RIP Mr. Hands June 22, 1960 - July 2, 2005
A true American hero
#8CBASH13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 9:41:11 PM
ManuKesna posted...
Only 7 platinums and you are trying to brag like this? LOL

Bragging? I hardly consider that bragging. Maybe you missed the point. But then again this is lameFAQS and the ps3 board. Full of butt hurt gamers who want to complain about how trophies are pointless, JRPGs vs WRPGs, Dante's new do and so on.

My point is for people to quit their crying and get back to playing games and talking about the hobby we enjoy. I guess I thought a bit of satire would get a rise out of some of you.
---
It is what it is
#9MGS4SNAKEPosted 12/28/2012 9:56:38 PM(edited)
No need to envy.

I was checking out trophy statistics last night, its amazing how there are gamers with 400+ platinums, one had 548 plats I believe, then theres the 30+50 plats range which still ITS ALOT, considering not all of them in that group completes their games to 100%.

Obviously they got too much time on their hands, its ridiculous. Do they even go out on dates? walk their dogs? go for a jog? go catch a couple of TV shows? a movie perhaps? do you even have friends? A LEGIT JOB? I think they're sick.

*scratches head*

edit: not a rant, just trying to figure out how they do it? and is there any logic to it.
---
Whatever he hits?! he destroys!
#10zUkUuPosted 12/28/2012 9:57:40 PM
so Dark Souls is a JRPG?!