This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trophy Envy?

#11CBASH13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 10:07:29 PM
MGS4SNAKE posted...
No need to envy.

I was checking out trophy statistics last night, its amazing how there are gamers with 400+ platinums, one had 548 plats I believe, then theres the 30+50 plats range which still ITS ALOT, considering not all of them in that group completes their games to 100%.

Obviously they got too much time on their hands, its ridiculous. Do they even go out on dates? walk their dogs? go for a jog? go catch a couple of TV shows? a movie perhaps? do you even have friends? A LEGIT JOB? I think they're sick.

*scratches head*

edit: not a rant, just trying to figure out how they do it? and is there any logic to it.

Definitely two sides of the coin my friend. Like anything in life, take it to the extreme and it can become dangerous. It really is scary to think how much time some people put into a "hobby". And at what point does that hobby become a chore or even an addiction.

Like people who have the same game in different regions so they can platinum it multiple times. Kinda weird.

I still say, if you haven't got a plat go for it.
---
It is what it is
#12ElBorak77Posted 12/28/2012 10:08:43 PM(edited)
if someone likes trophies, like them
if someone doesn't like trophies, don't like them.
just don't tell me what to like or not like.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#13servb0tsPosted 12/28/2012 10:14:42 PM
TC why do you care what others online think of you?
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#14Bancario51Posted 12/28/2012 10:15:23 PM
I used to envy another man's trophy once... then I chopped it off
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
Awesome Fighting games: TTT2, P4A and Aquapazza...
#15BurgerTime79Posted 12/28/2012 10:20:55 PM
You know, that Hannah Montana game gets thrown around a lot as an example of rabbid trophy whoring, but who the **** actually has that game on their trophy list AND brags about their trophies?
People need to find a better example, because it's to the point where bringing that game up renders any argument null and void.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#16MGS4SNAKEPosted 12/29/2012 4:24:35 AM
Gaming is one of my hobbies and I love trophies but not to the point of chasing dozens of plats and say "hey look, I got more plats than you", if the opportunity arises? sure i'll plat the game that I like. Mind you they don't even like half of what they play. 85% of my games are over 70% in trophy completion with 6 plats and thats less than 25 games in total. Its not much but a good selection.
---
Whatever he hits?! he destroys!
#17sethharris1191Posted 12/29/2012 8:04:00 AM
Every time I think I've seen the stupidest topic in the history of this site, a new one comes along and takes the title. Congrats, TC.
#18Lord_XandrosPosted 12/29/2012 8:15:16 AM
From: sethharris1191 | Posted: 12/29/2012 3:04:00 PM | #017
Every time I think I've seen the stupidest topic in the history of this site, a new one comes along and takes the title. Congrats, TC.

Looks like someone has a case of trophy envy.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#19JoeSkeletorPosted 12/29/2012 8:21:24 AM
I don't find trophies as addictive as achievments for some reason guess i just like big flashy numbers for some reason. Ive only platinumed 2 PS3 title and thats both FF13s and wasnt really trying to do that.
---
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
#20LeadPipeCinchePosted 12/29/2012 8:28:56 AM
CBASH13 posted...
MGS4SNAKE posted...
No need to envy.

I was checking out trophy statistics last night, its amazing how there are gamers with 400+ platinums, one had 548 plats I believe, then theres the 30+50 plats range which still ITS ALOT, considering not all of them in that group completes their games to 100%.

Obviously they got too much time on their hands, its ridiculous. Do they even go out on dates? walk their dogs? go for a jog? go catch a couple of TV shows? a movie perhaps? do you even have friends? A LEGIT JOB? I think they're sick.

*scratches head*

edit: not a rant, just trying to figure out how they do it? and is there any logic to it.

Definitely two sides of the coin my friend. Like anything in life, take it to the extreme and it can become dangerous. It really is scary to think how much time some people put into a "hobby". And at what point does that hobby become a chore or even an addiction.

Like people who have the same game in different regions so they can platinum it multiple times. Kinda weird.

I still say, if you haven't got a plat go for it.

*cough anyone with that many plats IS NOT 1 person playing all those game cough*
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).