This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I start with MGS3? (Holiday Sale)

#21IHeartMetroidPosted 12/29/2012 5:37:32 PM
"Skip 4 and Peace Walker"

Lol at this. I mean, 4 is a weird story mishmash of Kojima trying to connect everyone to everyone else (The DARPA Chief is WHO?) but Peace Walker is excellent in every single way. Only a fool would recommend that a Metal Gear fan should skip it.
#22SigmaHacielPosted 12/29/2012 5:43:12 PM
PW is a poor blatant MH rip.

As for 1-3, order of release as the mechanics only improved over time.
#23DuwstaiPosted 12/29/2012 6:01:42 PM
"Skip 4 and Peace Walker"

Lol at this. I mean, 4 is a weird story mishmash of Kojima trying to connect everyone to everyone else (The DARPA Chief is WHO?) but Peace Walker is excellent in every single way. Only a fool would recommend that a Metal Gear fan should skip it.

The story was absolute garbage, and the gameplay was severely stripped down because of the limitations of the PSP. Many levels were just two areas with less than 4 guards.

I was seriously unimpressed after hearing people rave about it. It doesnt hold a candle to 1, 2, or 3 in any way.
---
balls
#24IHeartMetroidPosted 12/29/2012 6:44:34 PM(edited)
"PW is a poor blatant MH rip."

Even if you hadn't created a sockpuppet account just to back up yourself (and anyone can see it by looking at your user status), that would still be one of the single most insane things anyone has every posted on this site.

I mean, damn, have you ever played a VIDEO GAME, let alone Peace Walker? I strongly suspect you don't, and spent most of your time living bereft of light and human companionship under a rock somewhere.

"The story was absolute garbage, and the gameplay was severely stripped down because of the limitations of the PSP. Many levels were just two areas with less than 4 guards. "

Again, one recommends PLAYING a game before you open up your mouth about it, lest you look rather foolish, as this person is.
#25nclrwntrPosted 12/29/2012 6:56:07 PM(edited)
No you're not ok starting with 3. Start with 1 or don't start at all. Anyone that says it's fine are off their rocker. And DO NOT skip Peace Walker. That was an excellent game.
#26jubjub360Posted 12/29/2012 6:55:44 PM
nclrwntr posted...
No you're not ok starting with 3. Start with 1 or don't start at all. Anyone that says it's fine are off their rocker.

Except the people looking at it from a story perspective.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#27DuwstaiPosted 12/29/2012 10:09:50 PM(edited)
"The story was absolute garbage, and the gameplay was severely stripped down because of the limitations of the PSP. Many levels were just two areas with less than 4 guards. "

Again, one recommends PLAYING a game before you open up your mouth about it, lest you look rather foolish, as this person is.

My god man, grow up.

Stop getting so pissy. I obviously didnt enjoy the game like you did. Relax and go outside.

nclrwntr posted...
No you're not ok starting with 3. Start with 1 or don't start at all. Anyone that says it's fine are off their rocker.

Except the people looking at it from a story perspective.

The story is meant to be experienced in order of release. No other way.
---
balls
#28IHeartMetroidPosted 12/29/2012 10:10:20 PM
"My god man, grow up."

I could say the same thing about someone who makes up ridiculous hyperbolic lies about a game he's never (or barely ever) played in an effort to get people to listen to him.

Now I wonder who would do THAT, hmmmmmmmm?
#29tigerex777Posted 12/29/2012 10:28:39 PM
The games were released in that order for a reason. Anyone telling him to start with 3 is stupid, period. As you progress through the series in the order they were released, you will get to know more about the confusing world of metal gear solid and all the pieces of the puzzle will be all over the place, but MGS4 will make sense of them. So don't ever start the series with 3, or 2 or 4, but with the first one.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#30TroublemakerTMPosted 12/29/2012 10:47:24 PM
if you play it in order via story-wise, your opinion on Ocelot will be different compared if you played it via release-wise. I played it by release release order and my sister played it chronologically and I ended up hating Ocelot where my sister likes him.
---
Help get Suguri Collection on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105716878