This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Darksiders 2 is better then 1

#1necro00Posted 12/29/2012 2:00:56 PM
Hated the first puzzles were too hard and felt like I was lost all the time.
#2mogar002Posted 12/29/2012 2:01:46 PM
nah
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3AlltraPosted 12/29/2012 2:04:02 PM
I can't really speak for 2, but I'm enjoying Darksiders 1 a hell of a lot at the moment. I haven't had any trouble with any of the puzzles so far either. I've also never had any issues figuring out where to go next either.

Frankly, I love the game a hell of a lot. I'll probably pick up Darksiders 2, if they ever release a "Complete Edition" that comes with all the DLC included.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#4angry_cowtipperPosted 12/29/2012 2:04:15 PM
I think they're about the same
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#5necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 2:11:42 PM
Bump
#6TheLightsAreOnPosted 12/29/2012 2:29:34 PM
necro00 posted...
Bump

I am only half way through 2 (Wii U version), and can say I enjoyed the first one a lot more.

2 does do a few things better, but I still liked the first one more (so far).
#7DarkivePosted 12/29/2012 2:32:20 PM
DS2 was more of an RPG and i agree it is better than 1!
---
Silent Hill's Darkest
#8theatrical_catPosted 12/29/2012 2:40:42 PM
That doesn't seem hard. Darksider's was the most bland game I've ever played.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#9Spoiled_ClichePosted 12/29/2012 2:56:40 PM(edited)
Darksiders is much better than Darksiders 2.

Darksiders 2 has dumbed down puzzles, a lot more obligatory filler quests than its predecessor, generic bosses that no longer feel epic, lots of unnecessary empty areas and overall lower challenge than the first game.

The puzzles are literally about moving a ball and stepping in to a platform for the whole game. Dungeons are much longer than necessary, to the point of being really tedious going through them. Not to mention technical flaws such as game freezing.

Weapons, such as the scythe, hammers and claws are a lot promising in theory, but horrendous in practice, as the movesets are dull, repetitive and overall it doesn't really matter which weapon you choose since it never drastically improves your chance of defeating an enemy.

Darksiders 2 introduced a customization system, which is really RPG gone wrong. They actually managed to surpass Skyrim in terms of boring, useless loot, as most times you already have a better weapon equipped.

The story doesn't exist. Story scenes are so far apart from each other that you have barely any motivation to play.

Darksiders has better visuals, better main character, better story, better boss fights, better dungeons, better puzzles and is more polished than its successor.
#10desert_santaPosted 12/29/2012 3:02:10 PM
Spoiled_Cliche posted...
Darksiders is much better than Darksiders 2.

Darksiders 2 has dumbed down puzzles, a lot more obligatory filler quests than its predecessor, generic bosses that no longer feel epic, lots of unnecessary empty areas and overall lower challenge than the first game.

The puzzles are literally about moving a ball and stepping in to a platform for the whole game. Dungeons are much longer than necessary, to the point of being really tedious going through them. Not to mention technical flaws such as game freezing.

Weapons, such as the scythe, hammers and claws are a lot promising in theory, but horrendous in practice, as the movesets are dull, repetitive and overall it doesn't really matter which weapon you choose since it never drastically improves your chance of defeating an enemy.

Darksiders 2 introduced a customization system, which is really RPG gone wrong. They actually managed to surpass Skyrim in terms of boring, useless loot, as most times you already have a better weapon equipped.

The story doesn't exist. Story scenes are so far apart from each other that you have barely any motivation to play.

Darksiders has better visuals, better main character, better story, better boss fights, better dungeons, better puzzles and is more polished than its successor.

i agree with half of this

overall i put both games on the same level but i definitely prefer the first(despite the puzzle difficulty at times)

i quit darksiders 2 halfway through because the dungeons showed hardly any variation at all and got a bit tedious

but i liked the boss fights and the story

the loot was a hit and miss, liked it at first but then most of the junk all looked the same in the end

worth playing but glad i did not pay the full release price and waited on a drop