This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

western PS3 is in danger!! Dynasty Warriors might become Japan only releases!!

#41Evil_GogetaPosted 12/29/2012 7:54:54 PM
Love playing DW but love the iterations more (well apart from Gundam Musou games as they`re terrible and I`m not a fan of Gundam in the first place).
I live in Japan so I`m not really bothered if the games don't make it over, plus because I play it in Japanese I don`t know the Chinese names of the characters, just the Japanese kanji translations ._..
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#42agrissaPosted 12/29/2012 11:28:54 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
agrissa posted...
Oh mine Crimson is at it again. In a cranky mood again are we?

CrimsonGear80 posted...
I'M playing stupid?

You're certainly not PLAYING stupid. Got it. You are WRONG, and Sighto and sean are right. Get over it. The facts are out there and if you bothered to look it up you'll come to the same conclusion, unless you're delusional.

I like how you keep just insulting me but still have ZERO answers to anything I'm asking. You may be calling me stupid but the only one actually showing their stupidity is you.

You insult others all the time, so you've already forfeited your right to complain about ppl insulting back. Look up the answers yourself, don't be lazy and expect people to spoon-feed them to you. Not to mention that you refuse believe in facts anyways.

But I'll give you some facts anyways since I'm a decent human being:

Fact: SCEA has a no-dub, no-disc rule. This is true. Do not argue.
Fact: That said, SCEA makes exceptions for certain games, with Yakuza being a well-known example.

Now we do not know WHY SCEA makes the exceptions and WHAT it takes for them to make exceptions. Common sense tells us that $$$$$$$$ is probably the difference maker here.
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#43agrissaPosted 12/29/2012 11:44:12 PM(edited)
CrimsonGear80 posted...
The more logical reason that these games aren't getting disc releases is that games cost much more to produce nowadays and koei doesn't feel the need to sink more money into fully localizing games that they know wouldn't be huge blockbusters in the west. So they do the bare minimum of localizing and stick it on the PS store to save costs and still give the game a western release. It's different in Europe though as there are more countries and not every one actually has access to the PS store, so a disc release in necessary.

WRONG again. Koei isn't the one deciding not to have a disc release. They decided to not spend money on English VA for 100s of characters, that's all. Yes, they are trying to cut costs, and Koei games no longer getting disc release is a consequence of that, not a choice.

FACT: Warriors Orochi 3 has a disc release for EU region. In addition, Xbox360 versions got disc releases for the NA region. Only North American PS3 players don't get a disc. Again, it's the SCEA's no-dub, no-disc rule at work here. Koei COULDN'T release a disc for NA PS3s, not that they WOULDN'T. Fortunately for Europe, SCEE does not have such a silly outdated rule.

FACT: Way of the Samurai 4 in the exact same boat as above; discs everywhere except NA PS3s.

Now this is my opinion: You need to bribe SCEA to release a disc without dubs.

Now are you gonna believe in facts or just believe in whatever you want to believe in?
---
#44Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/29/2012 11:45:39 PM
Oh well. No loss. The world will keep turning as it did before DW existed as though nothing happened.
#45OtakuGameraPosted 12/29/2012 11:55:52 PM
so where's the DW7 sales data or did i read the topic title wrong?
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#46CrimsonGear80Posted 12/30/2012 12:15:41 AM(edited)

The only thing you've proven is me right. Discs get released in Europe because not every country has the PS store available. They get released in Japan because DD isn't big there yet. There are tons of digital services in the US that have millions of users, including the PS3 where there are more PSN users than anywhere in the world, therefore the publishers of these smaller games have no problem giving them digital only releases here in the US to save costs, and Sony obviously does not mind that. The Yakuza games get disc releases because SEGA chose to give them disc releases. Koei is giving their games the bare minimum of localization and digital releases because their games aren't blockbusters in the west and it saves them money, much like how everyone ditched game booklets to save money by having them in-game.

We can go with a more logical answer like that one, or we can go with your answer which is that Sony is not unlike a group of gangsters from a movie who accept bribes to allow publishers to put their games on a blu-ray disc, even though Sony wouldn't be gaining or losing any significant amount of money either way.

then again, this is the guy who rode on Greer's trolling coattails, so I expect nothing different. So yeah, you are god damn right that is your OPINION.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#47Evil_GogetaPosted 12/30/2012 12:19:53 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
They get released in Japan because DD isn't big there yet. .

Was some press release that starting this fiscal year, games that sell a certain amount (and if the publishes wish so) will be DD here in Japan. Hence why DW7 Empires and some other games are on the store.

A lot of Japanese gamers do not own Credit Cards, but you can buy 1k/3k/5k and 10k PSN cards from any convenience store therefore the only reason DD is a problem is the fact that Japanese gamers prefer physical discs for collections.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#48Ghetto_ninjaPosted 12/30/2012 12:20:05 AM
Fist of the North Star 2 nuff said. Probably will be digital only which i hate.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
#49agrissaPosted 12/30/2012 12:22:34 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

The only thing you've proven is me right. Discs get released in Europe because not every country has the PS store available. They get released in Japan because DD isn't big there yet. There are tons of digital services in the US that have millions of users, including the PS3 where there are more PSN users than anywhere in the world, therefore the publishers of these smaller games have no problem giving them digital only releases here in the US to save costs, and Sony obviously does not mind that. The Yakuza games get disc releases because SEGA chose to give them disc releases. Koei is giving their games the bare minimum of localization and digital releases because their games aren't blockbusters in the west and it saves them money, much like how everyone ditched game booklets to save money by having them in-game.

We can go with a more logical answer like that one, or we can go with your answer which is that Sony is not unlike a group of gangsters from a movie who accept bribes to allow publishers to put their games on a blu-ray disc, even though Sony wouldn't be gaining or losing any significant amount of money either way.

then again, this is the guy who rode on Greer's trolling coattails, so I expect nothing different. So yeah, you are god damn right that is your OPINION.

*facepalms* Yeah you only wanna believe in what you want to believe. You are completely delusional. Unlike you, I believe in facts. I don't make up crap and pass them off as facts. There are no facts to back up whatever you just made up. There's no logic to your answers, don't pretend you do.
---
#50CrimsonGear80Posted 12/30/2012 12:23:03 AM
Evil_Gogeta posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
They get released in Japan because DD isn't big there yet. .

Was some press release that starting this fiscal year, games that sell a certain amount (and if the publishes wish so) will be DD here in Japan. Hence why DW7 Empires and some other games are on the store.

A lot of Japanese gamers do not own Credit Cards, but you can buy 1k/3k/5k and 10k PSN cards from any convenience store therefore the only reason DD is a problem is the fact that Japanese gamers prefer physical discs for collections.

Either way, it's still up to the publisher on how they want to sell their games.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif