This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you agree with this Best RPG Ever list?

#271jrr18Posted 12/30/2012 6:50:36 PM
Sqweamish posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Hell no. Dark and demon souls shouldn't be on the list. Those games are as minimalistic as possible for an rpg. This list already lost all credibility for those 2 games being on the list. There were a bunch of other bad nominations. What about red dead redemption, skyrim, and the original witcher? BS list.

Skyrim? God that was mediocre. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but god dang was it dumbed down! Go with Morrowind for that.
Red Dead? OH MY GOD DONT MAKE ME LAUGH.
That's not a RPG. It's amazing, but not a RPG. You'd be much better off saying Far Cry 3 is.

Morrowind? God that was mediocre. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but god dang was it dumbed down from dagger fall! Go with Dagger Fall for a deep game that didn't sell out to the casual gamers.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#272-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 6:50:59 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Hell no. Dark and demon souls shouldn't be on the list. Those games are as minimalistic as possible for an rpg. This list already lost all credibility for those 2 games being on the list. There were a bunch of other bad nominations. What about red dead redemption, skyrim, and the original witcher? BS list.

lol Skyrim, most overrated game ever, I'm glad it's way down there in the 26, far below Demon's/Dark Souls,
#273WiiFan77Posted 12/30/2012 7:05:56 PM
I don't agree at all. Its missing way too many good RPGs, and has too much Final Fantasy.
---
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#274CaliberChampPosted 12/30/2012 7:07:32 PM
The thing that makes skyrim so great is the modding community. You can only wish other rpgs had the same level of moddable possibilities.
Dark souls and demon souls is trash and only fans think that minamalism in a game like the soul games = good. Minamalism in a game will always be a bad game no exceptions.
Red dead redemption is an rpg. You take up the role of a cowboy named john Marshall.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#275CaliberChampPosted 12/30/2012 7:08:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#276-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 7:19:47 PM
Bethesda still can't figure out how to make their character swing the swords properly, let alone a combat mechanic as awesome as Dark Souls's. good combat mechanic is essential for any action RPG. Skyrim is just a medieval Sims, game if you want to do domestic stuff in a medieval environment. But for action RPG in dark fantasy setting, Dark/Demon's Souls are the standard
#277Kou-NurasakaPosted 12/30/2012 7:24:16 PM
I see a distinct lack of Tales of, Dragon Warrior and Star Ocean. Some love for Legend of Dragoon would be nice too. It was a very good RPG for its time.

I'm glad to see Paper Mario on the list. I don't know about "best RPG" but the original is a really good game.

I'd also remove FF IX.
#278jrr18Posted 12/30/2012 7:25:33 PM
-Damien- posted...
Bethesda still can't figure out how to make their character swing the swords properly, let alone a combat mechanic as awesome as Dark Souls's. good combat mechanic is essential for any action RPG. Skyrim is just a medieval Sims, game if you want to do domestic stuff in a medieval environment. But for action RPG in dark fantasy setting, Dark/Demon's Souls are the standard

LOL no.
---
PSN jrr101
#279En Sabah NurPosted 12/30/2012 7:33:43 PM
Mass Effect 1 is the worst in the series (don't gimme that "the others aren't even RPGs" nonsense, they have way better characters, scenarios, and choices than the first game did).

Paper Mario is garbage compared to Super Mario RPG.

FFXII has no place on there, nor does Persona 4, nor does Pokemon.

Xenogears should probably be there somewhere. And one of the Fallout games (the original perhaps?). Dragon Age: Origins should have some mention also.

I agree that Dark Souls should be there, but I would rather see Demon's Souls off the list to make room for something more deserving.
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, PSABR, Halo 4, Lego LOTR, Darksiders 2, Forza Horizon, Transformers FOC, DOA5, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Resident Evil 6, MAA
#280jrr18Posted 12/30/2012 7:36:15 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
Mass Effect 1 is the worst in the series (don't gimme that "the others aren't even RPGs" nonsense, they have way better characters, scenarios, and choices than the first game did).

Paper Mario is garbage compared to Super Mario RPG.

FFXII has no place on there, nor does Persona 4, nor does Pokemon.

Xenogears should probably be there somewhere. And one of the Fallout games (the original perhaps?). Dragon Age: Origins should have some mention also.

I agree that Dark Souls should be there, but I would rather see Demon's Souls off the list to make room for something more deserving.

You are so wrong about mass effect one being the worst it's not even funny here look at this one.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2009/06/23/mass-effect-galaxy-review
---
PSN jrr101