This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you agree with this Best RPG Ever list?

#281MHNetioPosted 12/30/2012 7:48:40 PM
Can we class League of Legends in the RPG category yet?

If Lore decides RPG, then having the opposition controlled by other human players shouldn't matter. Riot even incorporates some of the victories into their lore, such as that first Noxus vs Demacia battle.

I'm just asking because if Dark Souls and Demon Souls is in the RPG genre instead of being Action Adventure, then hot damn we can have LoL, DOTA and maybe even Angry Birds for best RPGs.
#282gucciburrrPosted 12/30/2012 8:01:37 PM
Mass Effect is on there but ME2 & 3 are absent? Get this garbage out of here...
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#283CaliberChampPosted 12/30/2012 8:37:16 PM
-Damien- posted...
Bethesda still can't figure out how to make their character swing the swords properly, let alone a combat mechanic as awesome as Dark Souls's. good combat mechanic is essential for any action RPG. Skyrim is just a medieval Sims, game if you want to do domestic stuff in a medieval environment. But for action RPG in dark fantasy setting, Dark/Demon's Souls are the standard

Yet you ignore the mods of skyrim. It's an unrivaled moddable fantasy game experience which is the main reason why it deserves to be high on the list. And I would call the magical attacks and archery are downright minimalistic in dark and demon souls. Besides, everyone knows your a troll.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#284methosagainPosted 12/30/2012 8:40:14 PM
No, its missing some like Panzer Dragoon saga
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#285travlrPosted 12/30/2012 8:47:02 PM
Riot55555 posted...
If you think FF7 is bad, you definitely did not play it when it was released. It changed the videogame industry when it launched. Playing it years later, it's easy to find faults in it, but it's still a juggernaut.

I did play it at release I bought it as soon as it came out. It wasn't as good as 6 AND not only that when FF tactics was released state side 3 months later it was heads and tails better than FF7. Final Fantasy 7 is the most over rated game ever made.

I can think of several RPG's that were classics that should have been up there way before FF VII

Phantasy Star 1-4 and PSO (In general the PS series was better than FF but less people had access to them since they were Sega System exclusives.)

All of these games made and defined the genre and the games that were to follow:
Wizardry series
Might and Magic series
Questron series
Phantasie series
Bards Tale series
the SSI/TSR Gold Box series, Pools of radiance series and the Krynn Series.
Eye Of the Beholder series

One of The Greatest RPG of All time has to probably be Ultima IV that game was immense for it's time and it had one of the most indepth systems to ever be seen before or after in a video game. He didn't even put it in the other Ultimas the fear of fouling it all up kept people on the straight and narrow.

Final Fantasy imo was no where near as ground breaking as any of those. They were the very roots of RPG's in gaming.
#286-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 9:12:16 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
-Damien- posted...
Bethesda still can't figure out how to make their character swing the swords properly, let alone a combat mechanic as awesome as Dark Souls's. good combat mechanic is essential for any action RPG. Skyrim is just a medieval Sims, game if you want to do domestic stuff in a medieval environment. But for action RPG in dark fantasy setting, Dark/Demon's Souls are the standard

Yet you ignore the mods of skyrim. It's an unrivaled moddable fantasy game experience which is the main reason why it deserves to be high on the list. And I would call the magical attacks and archery are downright minimalistic in dark and demon souls. Besides, everyone knows your a troll.

those large amounts of mods do not substitute broken fundamental mechanic. it's hard to look a like a badass 'dragonborne' if your character animates like a robot or can't swing a sword properly
#287justchill433Posted 12/30/2012 9:15:43 PM
Also, replace FFT with Tactics Ogre and take off FFIX and X.

FF Tactics is easily the better game sorry.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#288CooperRCPosted 12/30/2012 9:19:05 PM
Persona 4 at number 2 makes the list a joke. I really liked Persona 4, but it is not even close to being the best RPG ever.
#289ADHDguitarPosted 12/30/2012 9:19:48 PM
Dark Souls is too high and Pokemon is too low. That's my only observation. (And only my opinion.)
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#290KOTRwhoopsPosted 12/30/2012 9:21:36 PM
No and I haven't even red it. Everyone's opinion is different.
---
PLAYING - Far Cry 3 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns