This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you agree with this Best RPG Ever list?

#51gtaking5Posted 12/30/2012 3:28:02 AM(edited)
Considering Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are too god damned high in the list, no.

And considering Morrowind, nor any other Elder Scrolls game is not in the top 5, f*** no.
---
You fell in love, but then you just fell apart like a kick in the head
You're an X-Kid and you know the reason, got started again
#52SchaerMannPosted 12/30/2012 3:27:55 AM
Hm. Not one title older than 1997, despite some of the greatest RPGs in the history of video games that predate that by a good number of years. I mean, utter absence of things like Zork, and not even an honorable mention to Rogue, which spawned an entire subgenre named after it? Cannot take this too seriously, especially with a title like "Best RPGs Ever". All of the listed games are good RPGs, no question, but none of them are the best ever, by my lights or that of a number of others.

Still can't figure out why they didn't even mention Rogue, despite at least a couple of those games on the list being Roguelikes.
---
Now Playing: A poverty-level unemployed restaurant worker on the original reality program: Life
Waiting for: A positive response on a job interview
#53Large_TonberryPosted 12/30/2012 3:39:27 AM(edited)
No Fallout, Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls III or IV, Dark Chronicle, Resonance of Fate, The World Ends With You, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodines, Anachronox, Shadow Hearts II, or Valkyria Chronicles?

Hmm.
#54OEIO999Posted 12/30/2012 3:57:34 AM(edited)
Lol, NO!

No Mass Effect 2, Fallout (any of them), Dragon Quest (any of them, prefferably VIII), Dark cloud 2, Shadow of Colossus, Elder Scrolls, Zelda e.t.c. But I'm glad to see FFXII getting some recognition
#55OEIO999Posted 12/30/2012 3:55:05 AM(edited)
Also just saw POKEMON on no.11 spot.

Yup, nothing to see here folks
#56viajarvPosted 12/30/2012 3:56:37 AM
Trying too hard to include next gen rpgs
#57pfh1001Posted 12/30/2012 4:09:44 AM
Glad to see Suikoden 2 on there, but lacking any Fallout games makes it a failure to me. Also, Pokemon is a waste of a spot, and too many weak FF games (9, 12.)
#58ValedictorianXDPosted 12/30/2012 4:18:58 AM
gtaking5 posted...
Considering Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are too god damned high in the list, no.

And considering Morrowind, nor any other Elder Scrolls game is not in the top 5, f*** no.

To be fair, Morrowind is the only game that could contend anywhere in a top 20. Oblivion and Skyrim were just really shallow in comparison (with Skyrim being more shallow than Oblivion, obviously).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, looking further into the list provided, it was revealed that only 197 people actually voted. Not exactly what I would qualify as a sufficient number for any sort of voting procedure outside of an elementary school election.

I'll agree with their number 1 since I have yet to see a game come even close to being as good, except FF6. In fact, those 2 games are pretty much dead even for me and the only reason I give CT the edge is purely out of the fact that the gameplay was largely more innovative than what FF6 brought to the table.

Whenever I see crap like Skyrim in the top 10 or even top 20, I sigh in disgust.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#59yoshijimboPosted 12/30/2012 4:31:53 AM
I get a feeling Chrono Trigger was the TC's first RPG, I mean it's a classic but #1 RPG Ever. I do not agree.
N E way, I won't whine about what's on list, but cereal no Vagrant Story or Xenogears, and every Final Fantasy but 8, (that's my favorite, after Tactics), and no Chrono Cross? Or Tales of games, or anything Bethesda.
I must wonder if this is ignorance or just bizarre preference.
#60ValedictorianXDPosted 12/30/2012 4:35:14 AM
By the way, if you want to see a trainwreck of a list, check out this link:
http://guyspeed.com/best-rpgs-ever/
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]