This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you agree with this Best RPG Ever list?

#61-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 4:37:03 AM
yoshijimbo posted...
I get a feeling Chrono Trigger was the TC's first RPG, I mean it's a classic but #1 RPG Ever. I do not agree.
N E way, I won't whine about what's on list, but cereal no Vagrant Story or Xenogears, and every Final Fantasy but 8, (that's my favorite, after Tactics), and no Chrono Cross? Or Tales of games, or anything Bethesda.
I must wonder if this is ignorance or just bizarre preference.

Did u even read my post? I didn't make that list. It's a poll thread from another gaming board
#62yoshijimboPosted 12/30/2012 4:39:18 AM
Oh its just a poll from a website, that explains the randomness off the list and its heavy concentration of next-gen games
#63nonexistingheroPosted 12/30/2012 4:44:14 AM
Not at all. Some games do believe to be in it, most of it doesn't. It's clearly made by someone that hardly even played RPG's.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#64MT_TRAEHPosted 12/30/2012 4:46:20 AM
could be worse...
---
The Metal Gear Series is probably the best games ever made.
#65SchaerMannPosted 12/30/2012 4:48:43 AM
ValedictorianXD posted...
By the way, if you want to see a trainwreck of a list, check out this link:
http://guyspeed.com/best-rpgs-ever/

At least a couple of those aren't even RPGs. The number 2 on that... thing... isn't an RPG. Good game, but not even theoretically an RPG. That is just as much of an RPG as Double Dragon or Pac-Man.
---
Now Playing: A poverty-level unemployed restaurant worker on the original reality program: Life
Waiting for: A positive response on a job interview
#66ValedictorianXDPosted 12/30/2012 4:52:12 AM
SchaerMann posted...
ValedictorianXD posted...
By the way, if you want to see a trainwreck of a list, check out this link:
http://guyspeed.com/best-rpgs-ever/

At least a couple of those aren't even RPGs. The number 2 on that... thing... isn't an RPG. Good game, but not even theoretically an RPG. That is just as much of an RPG as Double Dragon or Pac-Man.

Yeah, that's why I liked reading through it. The comments on the first and last page made my day. So much damn rage.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#67Rydiafan013Posted 12/30/2012 4:52:39 AM
there is no factual way to determine the " best rpg " list unless u go by sales ... so it is based on opinion ... i sure got my favorites ... but im not gonna dismiss lets say the games it the Elder Scrolls series because i don't enjoy them ... i know what that series did for this generation of gaming ... or just because im heavy into JRPG's im not gonna dismiss WRPG's

IDK about you folks but im enjoying the fact im in a generation where i can enjoy the best RPG's from the past and future

I don't care if some site tells me that the games i enjoy are not the best
#68Jason_HunterPosted 12/30/2012 4:56:56 AM
Personally, some are great choices but I would've added Star Ocean second story - Second Evolution to the mix, Grandia , Shadow Hearts 2, Lunar silver star story, and some Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2... And I do like Dragon's Dogma myself...

So yeah lol
#69singhellotakuPosted 12/30/2012 4:57:21 AM
Fairly close to mine but FF9 and 12 suck, mass effect is nowhere near top 20 best RPG's ever either, top 50 maybe, I would add Fallout 3 and FF4 as well as Legend of Dragoon and a few more SMT games, also Disgaea should be in the top 10
#70singhellotakuPosted 12/30/2012 5:00:00 AM
Xenogears, Xenosaga I, and the original Kingdom Hearts should be on the list too