This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you agree with this Best RPG Ever list?

#71GXL_LeonPosted 12/30/2012 5:12:06 AM
Lack of FF VIII..... mmmm..... ok.
Stock of FF XII....... no: something is very wrong here

No Parasite Eves...?
Dark Souls is OK on the list also Persona 4....
The lack and the stock of FFs 8 and 12 make it a fail list to me :/
---
God Hand (Hard) <---> Dark Souls
#72Vidius101Posted 12/30/2012 5:13:50 AM
Nope cuz everyone think their list is good.
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#73ValedictorianXDPosted 12/30/2012 5:14:06 AM
Rydiafan013 posted...
there is no factual way to determine the " best rpg " list unless u go by sales ... so it is based on opinion ... i sure got my favorites ... but im not gonna dismiss lets say the games it the Elder Scrolls series because i don't enjoy them ... i know what that series did for this generation of gaming ... or just because im heavy into JRPG's im not gonna dismiss WRPG's

IDK about you folks but im enjoying the fact im in a generation where i can enjoy the best RPG's from the past and future

I don't care if some site tells me that the games i enjoy are not the best

That's not entirely the issue here. It's not that favorite games aren't getting called the best. I can live with Chrono Trigger, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment and plenty of others not getting called the best. If I wanted somebody to stroke my ego, I'd ask a family member, a close friend, my girlfriend or anybody else close in my life. It's when really bad games get put in the spotlight instead that people suddenly blow a gasket. We recognize an obvious falsehood or act of disrespect and we tend to vocalize it in some manner.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#74NeeTamaPosted 12/30/2012 5:20:42 AM
NONE of the Tales games made it onto the list?
#75HypnofearPosted 12/30/2012 5:26:05 AM
Should have Panzer Dragoon Saga on there somewhere.
---
Death is Whimsical Today
#76chaos_belmontPosted 12/30/2012 5:31:38 AM
KotOR is 14?.... and the original Golden Sun is no where to be seen.

So yeah I don't agree with it.
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#77DoctorRPGPosted 12/30/2012 5:35:30 AM
I love how everyone barged in and created their own lists. Haha.
---
i5-3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB DDR3 / Samsung 840 120GB 2.5" SSD / Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 / Corsair 300R / Rosewill 630W 80 PLUS / Windows 8 64-bit
#78legisu86Posted 12/30/2012 5:36:24 AM
Xenoblade instead of Xenogears or Xenosaga? Obviously made by people who dont know much about RPG's. Missed some games that made quite an impact to the genre during the time it was released, like Breath of Fire, Dragon Quest, Shining Force, Phantasy Star (Originals and online) Soul Blazer saga, etc.
---
My three major game trauma: Shenmue, Xenogears and Xenosaga
I'm a badass reporter!!
#79nintendogamer13Posted 12/30/2012 5:39:17 AM
I think its a pretty good list, even though i haven't played most of them.
#80SchaerMannPosted 12/30/2012 5:41:58 AM
ValedictorianXD posted...
Rydiafan013 posted...
there is no factual way to determine the " best rpg " list unless u go by sales ... so it is based on opinion ... i sure got my favorites ... but im not gonna dismiss lets say the games it the Elder Scrolls series because i don't enjoy them ... i know what that series did for this generation of gaming ... or just because im heavy into JRPG's im not gonna dismiss WRPG's

IDK about you folks but im enjoying the fact im in a generation where i can enjoy the best RPG's from the past and future

I don't care if some site tells me that the games i enjoy are not the best

That's not entirely the issue here. It's not that favorite games aren't getting called the best. I can live with Chrono Trigger, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment and plenty of others not getting called the best. If I wanted somebody to stroke my ego, I'd ask a family member, a close friend, my girlfriend or anybody else close in my life. It's when really bad games get put in the spotlight instead that people suddenly blow a gasket. We recognize an obvious falsehood or act of disrespect and we tend to vocalize it in some manner.

This. So thoroughly this. A number of those games on the list are not even in the top 100 best RPGs ever. The Souls games are there, and while they aren't bad games, what they are is a very technologically-advanced and modern(ish) variant of the Roguelike. I played part of Souls, and with the exception of the tech and some minor story/mechanics variants, it felt precisely like playing a modern-era Rogue.

There are games that are omitted entirely from the list aside from that which really should be there, because not only were they fantastic games in their own right (which have stood the test of time very well and which I highly recommend playing if you can tolerate incredibly basic graphics), they were the foundation and first few levels in the tower that is modern RPGs, and ignoring them is an insult to anyone who likes RPGs on several different levels.
---
Now Playing: A poverty-level unemployed restaurant worker on the original reality program: Life
Waiting for: A positive response on a job interview