This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which game that got a 10/10 from IGN doesn't deserve it the most?

#11DarkSymbiotePosted 12/30/2012 2:07:00 AM
Crimson Skys posted...
lebronwadebosh posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
So what game do you think deserves a 10? Let us know so I can make a post about it and have everyone disagree with you.

what the?

What? Isn't that what you're doing?

A review isn't supposed to be an opinion. If a reviewer does that, then he/she fails as a reviewer.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#12rofflchopperPosted 12/30/2012 2:12:57 AM
Probably GTA. I would've probably given it a 9/10. But then again I am sort of biased towards GTA games. I really enjoyed the game, but it definitely had it's flaws. Hell, Roman calling all of the time is reason enough to dock it even a point.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#13AlexhondaFTWPosted 12/30/2012 2:17:21 AM
I didn't vote...

No ''Nothing is perfect so none deserve it'' option! :P

I think IGN realized this and has since cut down on ratings. For a game to get a 10/10 I think it should have universal praise which is impossible because of diversity of tastes in games.

Like I said, Nothing is perfect and 10/10=perfect score.

Of the games you mentioned that I have played:

-Uncharted 3: Not a fan of paying 60$ pour short campaigns...
-MGS4: I did like the game but was irritated with it. I love storys in games but when the cinematics are longer than the game I start losing interest. Gameplay was good but not amazing/perfect by far...my opinion of course
-pokemons: lol back in the days! had blue one on gameboy(original one) and it was THE sh*t back then, but still not perfect at all...
-super mario: amazing and probably the closest thing to a 10/10 game in the list. Simply because it was one of the best and most universally loved games at the time. Now that games have evolved into so many different genres none reach such a wide audience.

Haven't played the other games(some yes but don't remember them enough).

This is also part of the reason i don't like a scoring system that compares MP shooters to open world rpgs and racing games...

for now I feel metacritic is best for a good idea but even then there are so many fanboys/trolls who post 10/10 or 0/10 scores that it''s biased... Bottom line is at least a small % of gamers won't like a ''10/10 game'' for valid reasons/opinions which for me justifies not rating games with such scores. The scoring would be better in my opinion if it were like ''score:9-10'' like between 9 and 10. so if they want to score a game 9.1 it would be ''score:9-10'', A game they wanted to give a 10 would get same rating. Also more readers would agree with the score since it's broader. Maybe then the rumors of paid reviews would start to die down...

I know I digress and you probably think i'm retarded for thinking like that but hey, I'll finish by saying if I had to choose, i would pick metal gear because when I want to play a game and have to watch 2 hours of cutscene to play 30 mins. it irritates me. If I felt like watching a movie I wouldn't put a game in my PS3 :P That for me is enought to say it does not deserve a perfect score.

- My long-a$$ 2 cents.
---
FRENCH MOTHERF**KER???Do YOU speak it??? No? then bare with me for the bad english because I'm French(Canada) :D
#14beastwarkingPosted 12/30/2012 2:27:47 AM
GTA IV - Probably has the most exaggerated metacritic rating this gen. The characters are bland, the gameplay is bland, there are a lot less side missions than in previous GTAs, no massive world to explore, COUSIN, LETS GO BOWLING, FREAKING PIGEONS - just a big budget game that reviewers wanted to love. The fact that towards the end I started taking a cab to get everywhere is pretty telling about how boring this game could be. At least it looked nice
---
ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong
#15Terry-bogardPosted 12/30/2012 2:30:02 AM
MGS4.
It has terrible gameplay and the gameplay parts are like 5% of the game.
It's an interactive movie , and a bad one at that.

Uncharted 3 : easy mode climbing , bad shooting mechanics , boring story (opinion there).
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#16LuigiVampaSwagPosted 12/30/2012 2:36:30 AM
Had to go with MGS4, since the only good thing about it, IMO, was the presentation.

The gameplay is fine, but it's nothing special. Like, it's cool that you can do all these crawls and rolls, and stuff, but it has done nothing to improve upon the stealth gameplay genre that games last gen excelled at (Splinter Cell).

But it's a shame for a story driven title to do so poorly at telling a story. The narrative sucked, the characters, for the most part, sucked, and the ending dropped in quality dramatically in its last few minutes
---
http://imgur.com/rvwNj.gif
http://imgur.com/2lTC2.gif
#17SamusFarronPosted 12/30/2012 2:39:18 AM
Probably a tie between Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV. Both still great games, just not 10/10.

SMG2 was just a retread of an already accomplished idea, and an lazy one at times compared to the original as well.

GTAIV is a fine game if you are into that sort of thing. But simply put, GTA games by definition IMO do not ever deserve perfect scores. In order to bridge that gap from 9 to 10, a game needs to be wholly original and groundbreaking as well. GTAIV was just a bigger version of previous entries.
---
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45QvqwEJME
#18st1ll_xPosted 12/30/2012 2:44:23 AM(edited)
GTAIV takes this easily...even though MGS4 and U3 are close
---
i5-2500K 3.3GHz | ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB |
Hyper 212 EVO | Crucial M4 128GB | 500GB HDD | ZOTAC GTX680 | SilverStone Raven RV02-BW
#19HomerSimpson89Posted 12/30/2012 3:02:00 AM
You know Gta 4 is highest rated game in metacritic?
Hating best game of all time doesnt make you cool
#20CheezyPuffPosted 12/30/2012 3:02:05 AM
The only one that really deserves a 10/10 is Pokemon
---
You are beneath me...and it shows.