This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about buying games on amazon

#1Real_AccountPosted 12/30/2012 12:29:16 AM
I just bought a NEW (condition) PS3 game on amazon, unfortunately it was sent to me with lots of damages on the case, can I still sent it back and get a new copy - even though I have already opened it?
#2Crimson SkysPosted 12/30/2012 12:31:14 AM
So there were damages on the case but you opened it anyway?
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3joblessloserPosted 12/30/2012 12:32:34 AM
Was it in plastic with damages underneath? I'm having trouble understanding your situation? You should always contact the seller and send pictures of the condition it arrived in.
#4joblessloserPosted 12/30/2012 12:32:52 AM
*if it arrived badly I meant to say
#5AmyUnleashedPosted 12/30/2012 12:34:43 AM
Was it from the main Amazon, or one off the sellers on there?

If the case was damaged before you opened it, you should have went online and sent them a message about it (i believe there is also a IM type customer service they do, which from my previous experiance has had any issues resolved very quickly)
#6Real_Account(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 12:36:59 AM(edited)
joblessloser posted...
Was it in plastic with damages underneath? I'm having trouble understanding your situation? You should always contact the seller and send pictures of the condition it arrived in.

Sorry I should clarify. I didn't noticed the damages until I removed the wrapper and noticed that there is a crack on the outer, and A LOT of crack [inside] the case.

Was it from the main Amazon, or one off the sellers on there?

Main amazon
#7Crimson SkysPosted 12/30/2012 12:37:54 AM
Real_Account posted...
joblessloser posted...

Sorry I should clarify. I didn't noticed the damages until I removed the wrapper and noticed that there is a crack on the outer, and A LOT of crack [inside] the case.

Did you buy it from amazon or through amazon? If you bought it from amazon I'm sure there's some kind of return policy on their site. If not you'll have to contact the seller.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#8joblessloserPosted 12/30/2012 12:38:11 AM
So just the case, or the disc? I'd just buy a new case tbh, not worth going through all that drama. If the disc is scratched and they've re wrapped it, however, I'd be calling them out on a used pretending to be new game.
#9Real_Account(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 12:41:29 AM(edited)
I bought it from Amazon

So just the case, or the disc?

The case (there are a lot of crack. I find it unacceptable since I bought it in new condidtion - FROM Amazon, not just through amazon.
#10Pawkie07Posted 12/30/2012 12:39:00 AM
it's just a case....it's there to protect the disc. If your disc is unscratched and the game works I don't see what the problem is. You bought a game to play. Not a plastic case to be pretty.