This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about buying games on amazon

#11AmyUnleashedPosted 12/30/2012 1:45:12 AM
Real_Account posted...
joblessloser posted...
Was it in plastic with damages underneath? I'm having trouble understanding your situation? You should always contact the seller and send pictures of the condition it arrived in.

Sorry I should clarify. I didn't noticed the damages until I removed the wrapper and noticed that there is a crack on the outer, and A LOT of crack [inside] the case.

Was it from the main Amazon, or one off the sellers on there?

Main amazon

If you would like it replaced, i would recommend contacting them as soon as possible, you may have to send the game back before you get a refund / new copy but they should also refund any costs for postage.

Strangely enough last year when a game went missing that was due to arrive to me, when i contacted them (through the IM customer service) they sent another copy to my work address, before i even sent the first copy back (but the first copy did not arrive for a mounth anyway...)
#12Real_Account(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 1:46:03 AM
But the main question is: am I screwed? If I mail them the complaint and sent back the game to them will they give me a new copy?
#13Crimson SkysPosted 12/30/2012 1:47:01 AM
Real_Account posted...
But the main question is: am I screwed? If I mail them the complaint and sent back the game to them will they give me a new copy?

Like I said, go on the site and read the return policy, it'll tell you.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#14Real_Account(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 1:52:30 AM
Crimson Skys posted...
Real_Account posted...

OK, I just checked and it said:

"Most items can be refunded, exchanged, or replaced in original and unopened condition"
#15Crimson SkysPosted 12/30/2012 2:00:02 AM(edited)
Real_Account posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
Real_Account posted...

OK, I just checked and it said:

"Most items can be refunded, exchanged, or replaced in original and unopened condition"

That's not talking specifically about games though. You want to look for the part that talks about videogames or software or something.

EDIT:
Here you go, I'll hold your hand for you. "Media items (for example, movies, music, video games, and software) must be unopened and still in their plastic wrap"
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#16American_Eagle0Posted 12/30/2012 2:04:32 AM(edited)
dont go through the hassle for a return if only the case is damaged, just buy another case. 1 case is like $2-3

Here you go tc:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-SONY-Blu-Ray-case-for-PS3-Games-NEW-/130811385886?pt=BI_Blank_Media&hash=item1e74f7581e
#17Real_Account(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 2:33:42 AM
EDIT:
Here you go, I'll hold your hand for you. "Media items (for example, movies, music, video games, and software) must be unopened and still in their plastic wrap"

But that's for a full refund. I'm not expecting a full refund, I just want another (undamage) copy of the same game
#18MwarriorHieiPosted 12/30/2012 5:20:55 AM(edited)
if you didnt take the game out of its packaging, contact customer support; they should ask you to return it and send you a replacement copy.

ive had to do this a few times and they havent failed me yet.
---
o.o
#19BurgerTime79Posted 12/30/2012 5:34:29 AM
Pawkie07 posted...
it's just a case....it's there to protect the disc. If your disc is unscratched and the game works I don't see what the problem is. You bought a game to play. Not a plastic case to be pretty.

Some of us consider the game to be the whole package, not just the disc with data on it. If you can't understand that, then that's your problem.

TC, just go find a game at Gamestop for under $5 with a good looking case and just buy it. Sell the disc to someone who just doesn't care about the case. I recently had to replace the case of a game from Amazon because it arrived with the clips that hold the manual in were snapped right off.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#20killakPosted 12/30/2012 5:35:33 AM
Real_Account posted...
I bought it from Amazon

So just the case, or the disc?

The case (there are a lot of crack. I find it unacceptable since I bought it in new condidtion - FROM Amazon, not just through amazon.

Did you get shipping insurance? It's highly likely that it was broken when it left Amazon distribution center, and got damaged in the mail.
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots