This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope is a top 5 PS3 JRPG

#1OnDiscDLCPosted 12/30/2012 10:51:38 AM
It's up there with Valkyria Chronicles, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f, and Nier. Sure the story isn't the greatest, but it's still enjoyable. And the characters are all memorable(except that soulless shell of a human also known as Lymle). But the gameplay is why it's one of the best. And the soundtrack is beautifully composed. Fits well with each planet you visit. Speaking of planets, they are just BREATHTAKING. The graphics overall are some of the best this generation. Any JRPG fan must check out this underrated gem ASAP. It can be hard to find it in store, but you can get it online for under $30(I got my copy off Amazon for $30 a few years ago, so it may be $20 now).
#2SoleilArclionPosted 12/30/2012 10:52:58 AM
Not since people started claiming Justin Beiber has talent has someone been so completely WRONG.
#3RPG maniac87Posted 12/30/2012 10:54:41 AM
Really? I felt Faize and Lymle were the stars of SO4. Her story was great and I've never seen another character just like her.
I love it too in a different way I guess.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#4ArkonBladePosted 12/30/2012 10:55:25 AM
I have Star Ocean the last hope but havent played it yet. i will get to it soon so i dont know if it should be on the list of top RPGs but i know Star Ocean 2 should be.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#5OnDiscDLC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 10:55:40 AM
SoleilArclion posted...
Not since people started claiming Justin Beiber has talent has someone been so completely WRONG.

I am not one of those people.
#6SoleilArclionPosted 12/30/2012 10:56:45 AM
OnDiscDLC posted...
SoleilArclion posted...

I am not one of those people.

You are wrong again for thinking you aren't wrong.
#7the_great_tidusPosted 12/30/2012 10:58:21 AM
SoleilArclion posted...

shutup hipster
---
Most Anticipated Games - Yakuza 5, Ni No Kuni, The Last of Us, Beyond, Castlevania LOS2, MGS rising, God of War Ascension, and FFX HD.
#8OnDiscDLC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 10:58:46 AM
RPG maniac87 posted...
Really? I felt Faize and Lymle were the stars of SO4. Her story was great and I've never seen another character just like her.
I love it too in a different way I guess.

Both of their stories were well done (and sad),but after what happened on Lymles home planet, she was kind of annoying.
#9RPG maniac87Posted 12/30/2012 11:02:46 AM
I guess I'm not as critical on people that have suffered heavy mental/physical trauma.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#10OnDiscDLC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 11:04:06 AM
ArkonBlade posted...
I have Star Ocean the last hope but havent played it yet. i will get to it soon so i dont know if it should be on the list of top RPGs but i know Star Ocean 2 should be.

I have never played SO2 so I can't judge it, but put SO4 on top of your PS3 games to play list.