This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope is a top 5 PS3 JRPG

#41Vs1991Posted 12/30/2012 6:58:39 PM
this says alot about ps3 jrpgs... they suck
#42mogar002Posted 12/30/2012 6:59:25 PM
Elicoor II is the only good part of Star Ocean 3.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#43Super SlashPosted 12/30/2012 7:09:25 PM
maranelloman posted...
The whole earth incident didn't make much sense story-wise

The entire story of that game felt pointless, not just Earth.
#44SigmaHacielPosted 12/30/2012 7:11:33 PM
agrissa posted...
User Name SoleilArclion
User ID 6700399
Board User Level 5: Warned
User on "parole" for one or more major Terms of Service violations. Can only post 3 messages per hour (10 per day), no topics, restored after 48-72 hours.

This explains a lot. He's not capable of anything except telling ppl they are "wrong". Horribad troll.

How so? All it proves is that GameFaqs inhabitants are ridiculously vapid shells acting like people.

Nothing is redeemable about 4. It took every step back that it could.

The 5 Zelda-weakness bosses were a train wreck of pointless existence.

The story had a good concept but shucked it in the ass first chance it had. 3 had a better story and 3's story sucked itself.

The characters are the worst seen in an RPG. Sarah alone is reason enough to press the button and turn Japan into space dust. Reimi, Arumat, and Lym were all marginally okay looking past their glaring issues, but they do not absolve themselves or the rest.

Combat was a joke. SO was always easy, but 4 was catatonic.

There really isn't a good that 4 brought to the series. 3 nailed the crafting. Everything prior nailed the secrets and the sides. 4 is the literal Dragon Quarter of Star Ocean.
#45maranellomanPosted 12/30/2012 8:46:26 PM
Super Slash posted...
maranelloman posted...
The whole earth incident didn't make much sense story-wise

The entire story of that game felt pointless, not just Earth.

Well I just got on EN II so the games been pretty good so far. The only thing that bugs me besides the Earth chapter is the whole "you can do anything with your friends" lovey dovey crap imo.
---
New York Giants
2008 Super Bowl XLII Champions
#46Yusuke001Posted 12/30/2012 10:03:19 PM
3's battle system was awful but it had the best story in the series.

The story in these games must be pretty awful because 3's story is among one of the worst I've ever played.
---
PSN: LordAmon15
#47IChangedMyNamePosted 12/30/2012 10:06:38 PM
I do like SO4, But I don't think I've played enough RPG's to say its a top 5.

I don't really count the Hyperdimension series, Atlier moomoo and those really niche weird ass RPG's to this though.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#48Super SlashPosted 12/30/2012 10:06:44 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
Reimi, Arumat, and Lym were all marginally okay looking past their glaring issues, but they do not absolve themselves or the rest.

Reimi alone makes the game worth playing.

Sweet delicious bum. And if she wins battles, about 50% of the time the camera will zoom in on it. <333

She also gets a few fanservice scenes.
#49OnDiscDLC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 10:28:27 AM
Super Slash posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
Reimi, Arumat, and Lym were all marginally okay looking past their glaring issues, but they do not absolve themselves or the rest.

Reimi alone makes the game worth playing.

Sweet delicious bum. And if she wins battles, about 50% of the time the camera will zoom in on it. <333

She also gets a few fanservice scenes.

Reimi was a twig. Myuria though....Ughh what a MILF!
#50KamilPosted 12/31/2012 11:55:47 AM
This game is worth playing at least once I guess. There aren't a lot of great PS3 jrpgs really but this game isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Edge is pretty much a d-bag but he's pretty fun to play in battle I guess *shrugs* I probably don't sound like I like this a game lot here but overall I did. It's better than I thought it would be despite a few annoying parts of the game heh

Star Ocean 2 though yeah, one of my all time favorite games ever.
---
Slowbeef: Hold on it's the evil wizard who's spinning and striking a pose. And also giant swords, why the hell not.
Retsupurae on Earnest Evans, a wacky game!