This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vita flopping proves Sony should focus on PS3 only.

#101YamaguxhiPosted 12/30/2012 6:05:51 PM
username1289 posted...
ShinXagura posted...
I am getting my vita pretty soon. I got my copy of Disgaea 3(Vita). I will start save my money about next two weeks.

dont do it bro, your hurting the future of ps4

It's no wonder the thing is failing. If sony's own don't want it it doesn't stand a chance.
---
No more Tom foolerey
#102este914Posted 12/30/2012 6:05:52 PM
Loving my Vita so far... just wish they would give us more freedom with it...
but I certainly am NOT rebuying my games over again.... I have been a loyal PS customer since the very beginning...
so far so good for me but lets see what the future holds..
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#103ShinXaguraPosted 12/30/2012 6:07:02 PM
username1289 posted...
ShinXagura posted...
I am getting my vita pretty soon. I got my copy of Disgaea 3(Vita). I will start save my money about next two weeks.

dont do it bro, your hurting the future of ps4

I think this will help Sony to release PS4 (IMO) It wont hurt PS4.
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#104LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 6:08:32 PM
FY11 (Jul 2011 to Jun 2012) : Game Operating Income --> 375 Million U.S. dollars

Q2 2012 (Jul 2012 to Sep 2012) : Game Operating Income --> 29 Million U.S. dollars

Seems to me that they are doing fine.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#105username1289Posted 12/30/2012 6:08:57 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
They said this about the PS3 and the PSP too. We see how they turned out...

Like Cloud Atlas, it's all connected, the ultimate result for the PSP was for a better shot for the Vita, which is now doing worse.

Sony dropped $6 billion on PS3 to keep pace with the closest competitor (who broke even a year ago) only to arrive here. One platform needing saving, another platform soon to be born.

Only thing that'll stem Vitas ...floppiness is a *BIG* price drop...$100 or more, this means more losses.

Then Sony got the PS4 to launch, what happens if that fails too? Another $100 drop and the next thing you know you have to spend another $6 billion just to stay in the market.

Somethings gotta give. Vita's almost beyond saving, PS4 is not.

100% agree.

if they woulda just skipped vita, they coulda sunk that money to remake FF7 as a lunch title for the ps4.
---
His gaze burning on the edge of our dreams
#106justchill433Posted 12/30/2012 6:11:40 PM
They said this about the PS3 and the PSP too. We see how they turned out...

Like Cloud Atlas, it's all connected, the ultimate result for the PSP was for a better shot for the Vita, which is now doing worse.

Sony dropped $6 billion on PS3 to keep pace with the closest competitor (who broke even a year ago) only to arrive here. One platform needing saving, another platform soon to be born.

Only thing that'll stem Vitas ...floppiness is a *BIG* price drop...$100 or more, this means more losses.

Then Sony got the PS4 to launch, what happens if that fails too? Another $100 drop and the next thing you know you have to spend another $6 billion just to stay in the market.

Somethings gotta give. Vita's almost beyond saving, PS4 is not.

Again, giving up on a console is like death for a company *cough* Sega *cough* You really have no idea how it works. The Vita has lost a lot of money already but from here on out it's making a profit even if it does sell like crap.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#107Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 6:11:58 PM
kewldude475 posted...
The more everyone reads your posts, the more stupid they get.

Yeah... You're the one throwing around insults here.

Other people actually debate.

kewldude475 posted...
So you admit to buying a system that was doing even worse than Vita in terms of games for a while? This is rich.

Seriously, the irony is making me choke.

Could be good versus something that is good.

Yeah, difficult choice.

There's a reason why I didn't own a PSP years ago. There's a reason why I don't own the Vita now.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#108Stanger5150Posted 12/30/2012 6:19:35 PM
username1289 posted...
Who actually plays Portable systems anyways? 10 year olds that play it under the sheets when their supposed to be sleeping?

iphone has great games i can play in between stuff for a short period of time. theres no way im lugging a Vita/ds around LOL

Op makes a great point. Let nintendo do their thing, and focus on ps4 only.

Hell, I play portable consoles at home more than I do on the road!
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#109kewldude475Posted 12/30/2012 6:22:47 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
Yeah... You're the one throwing around insults here.

Other people actually debate.

Haha,sorry, it's just so difficult for me when such foolishness is before my eyes.

Could be good versus something that is good.

Yeah, difficult choice.

There's a reason why I didn't own a PSP years ago. There's a reason why I don't own the Vita now.

And yet, you refuse to give a Vita a chance. How sad.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2
#110HENTAIDOJIPosted 12/30/2012 6:25:00 PM
The Vita has lost a lot of money already but from here on out it's making a profit even if it does sell like crap.

It is? The Playstation division's financials are so shrowded in secrecy, who can say? I remember the PS3 was supposed to be profitable in 2009 or 2010 and the gaming divisions still lost hundreds of millions in the quarters following and this was before the PS2 and PSP dropped off the map and before they combined it with their TV division too.

You also gotta be forward thinking, should Sony still save the Vita if it's going to sully their chances at making more profit on a more successful PS4?

The elephant in the room is obvious though, Vita isn't just selling badly like PS3 launch, it's selling Gamecube/Dreamcast bad. It'll take the best part of 2 years to hit 10 million shipped.

And I thought the 360 road to 10 million seemed like a slog.

I do agree with you though, if Sony does kill the Vita, the handheld door will shut on them for a decade at least, though, clearly, it's all phones now, it's doubtful the dedicated market will even be worth it.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg