This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vita flopping proves Sony should focus on PS3 only.

#111R_ChampPosted 12/30/2012 6:44:30 PM
username1289 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
They said this about the PS3 and the PSP too. We see how they turned out...

Like Cloud Atlas, it's all connected, the ultimate result for the PSP was for a better shot for the Vita, which is now doing worse.

Sony dropped $6 billion on PS3 to keep pace with the closest competitor (who broke even a year ago) only to arrive here. One platform needing saving, another platform soon to be born.

Only thing that'll stem Vitas ...floppiness is a *BIG* price drop...$100 or more, this means more losses.

Then Sony got the PS4 to launch, what happens if that fails too? Another $100 drop and the next thing you know you have to spend another $6 billion just to stay in the market.

Somethings gotta give. Vita's almost beyond saving, PS4 is not.

100% agree.

if they woulda just skipped vita, they coulda sunk that money to remake FF7 as a lunch title for the ps4.

As much as I hate the obsession with remaking games (ESPECIALLY FFVII), I have to agree this might have been a great marketing move.
#112Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 6:45:30 PM
kewldude475 posted...
And yet, you refuse to give a Vita a chance. How sad.

If Sony wants to sell the Vita, they should make it something people want to buy.

Take chances? I'd much rather get something I know is good.

Perhaps that is a strange concept for you.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#113kewldude475Posted 12/30/2012 6:47:16 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
kewldude475 posted...

If Sony wants to sell the Vita, they should make it something people want to buy.

No, just that you won't relax when PSP and PS3 were worse. Vita is already a better system than those were their first year.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2
#114The_Mighty_KELPPosted 12/30/2012 6:58:19 PM
VITA IS NOT FLOPPING. >:(
I don't even OWN one, but I'm just sick of people bashing it when it's getting some amazing exclusives and has some seriously good hardware.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#115username1289Posted 12/30/2012 7:09:14 PM
The_Mighty_KELP posted...
VITA IS NOT FLOPPING. >:(
I don't even OWN one, but I'm just sick of people bashing it when it's getting some amazing exclusives and has some seriously good hardware.

Perhaps it's failing because you didn't buy one?
;(
---
His gaze burning on the edge of our dreams
#116glory of power metalPosted 12/30/2012 7:14:53 PM
It's unfortunate that it came out right when mobile gaming really started taking off. Portable systems always had that 'game on the go' appeal, but now pretty much every cell phone has enough games to keep the average consumer happy. Nintendo still rules with its name and classic exclusive titles, but unless you're all about state of the art handheld gaming, I don't see why you'd opt for a Vita as well as a phone.
---
i7 Quad 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#117SigmaHacielPosted 12/30/2012 7:15:41 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
kewldude475 posted...

HOW CAN THEY.

All I ever see on here is

"Persona 4 Golden/Soul Sacrifice/Monster Hunter/etc look AMAZING."

Not even a minute later.

"Same game sucks cuz its gonna be on the Vita. It should be on the PS3!"

Another minute later.

"The Vita needs a killer App or it will die."
#118THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 12/30/2012 7:16:04 PM
kewldude475 posted...
Mutant1988 posted...
kewldude475 posted...

No, just that you won't relax when PSP and PS3 were worse. Vita is already a better system than those were their first year.

Line up wise. Yeah you are correct it does have the better starting line up. The games and the system isn't Vitas problem.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#119PendragoonPosted 12/30/2012 7:20:58 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
Mutant1988 posted...
kewldude475 posted...

HOW CAN THEY.

Not even a minute later.

Another minute later.

Monster Hunter jumped ship to the 3DS, it is a major factor in the slow sales in Japan. Between Pokemon, Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter, Nintendo has Japan locked down on the portable and home console front.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#120Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 7:31:50 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
HOW CAN THEY.

Not even a minute later.

Another minute later.

Good job jumping to conclusions. We're not all idiots, you know.

I already own Persona 4 and two of the Uncharted games. So I have little interest in those "killer apps".

Monster Hunter? Is it out yet? No? Then it doesn't matter.

Soul Sacrifice? Heard interesting things but it's not out yet.

The two games that did interest me on the Vita is Shinobido Zen (Original game for PS2 was excellent and the PSP port was pretty good too. It's also one of the few games with a non-distracting implementation of the touch screen) and Earth Defence Force 3 Portable (Though I think I'll skip that as it seems it will only get a digital release in the EU/US).

You know what I'd like for the Vita? Valkyria Chronicles 3 SE (PSP, JP only), Earth Defence Force 2 Portable (PSP, JP only - Dual analog support would make it amazing) and God Eater 2.

Those would be my killer apps. Then they would just have to work out the kinks with the proprietary memory (The price) and probably get a hardware revision out as well.

AV out would be very nice, but I know most people don't value it as much as me - Dual memory ports would be nice too, 16 GB really isn't a lot these days and changeable batteries with a higher capacity (Though I'm aware of the limits on battery technology - Can't really increase capacity while maintaining size. So making the Vita more power efficient as well would be good).

Then I would buy a Vita right away.

Maybe I'm asking too much, but then again, why should I be expected to pay for a product that doesn't do the things I want?
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.