This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vita flopping proves Sony should focus on PS3 only.

#131Nightmare637Posted 12/30/2012 6:48:48 PM
DrEaM_420 posted...
How did the Wii flop? It sold more then the Ps3 and 360...the DS sold more then both combined.

Can I see your source?(It's not that I don't believe you but I do like looking at sources when hearing something I haven't heard before)
#132angry_cowtipperPosted 12/30/2012 6:51:18 PM
I won't deny that in comparison, the Vita is getting its ass kicked by the 3DS, but at this point there's millions and millions of Vitas out there, and that will only increase. The PS3 was a flop at the start too, with people like Newell saying it should be abandoned and that they should just do a total do-over. The Vita is a great, capable little device, and it's not going anywhere. The Vita has more of a future too, and if you didn't notice, there are many PS3 only titles coming just the beginning of next year.

As far as the 360 lineup improving .. ?? .. I'm certainly picking up GOWJ, other than that, it'll remain off. I have way more to play on my Vita.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#133DrEaM_420Posted 12/30/2012 6:55:20 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
DrEaM_420 posted...
How did the Wii flop? It sold more then the Ps3 and 360...the DS sold more then both combined.

Can I see your source?(It's not that I don't believe you but I do like looking at sources when hearing something I haven't heard before)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

Since its gamefaqs kids will get all teary eyed over wiki cited sources, but at the bottom of the page it tells you where the numbers came from.
---
Dream on..
#134LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 6:57:21 PM

The difference is that the Wii hasn't been selling well since last year - the PS3 is still going very strong and will continue to do so for a couple more years.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#135justchill433Posted 12/30/2012 6:57:47 PM

Not flop, but plateaued hard. Th first 100 million sold like hotcakes, but the Wii has struggled since. It's been bottom of the list in sales for like 2 years now.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#136Ben__AffleckPosted 12/30/2012 6:57:49 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
DrEaM_420 posted...

You haven't heard that before? That's actually fairly common knowledge. Wii sold like 25 to 30 million more consoles than PS3 or 360 and DS has sold something like 150+ million over the years.. easily more than 360 and PS3 combined.
---
you just got Affleck'd
#137LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 6:58:17 PM

Not flop, but plateaued hard. Th first 100 million sold like hotcakes, but the Wii has struggled since. It's been bottom of the list in sales for like 2 years now.

The Wii hasn't even reached 100M.
---
#138LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 6:58:50 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
DrEaM_420 posted...

You haven't heard that before? That's actually fairly common knowledge. Wii sold like 25 to 30 million more consoles than PS3 or 360 and DS has sold something like 150+ million over the years.. easily more than 360 and PS3 combined.

No point in comparing a console to a handheld.
---
#139Devilman_AmonPosted 12/30/2012 6:58:58 PM
LuminescentRule posted...

The difference is that the Wii hasn't been selling well since last year - the PS3 is still going very strong and will continue to do so for a couple more years.

Wii U is the reason. Nintendo cuts off a console immediately when preparing for a new one

Microsoft will do the same with the 360 once the 720 comes out, just like they did with XBox 1
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#140SigmaHacielPosted 12/30/2012 7:02:03 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
HOW CAN THEY.

All I ever see on here is

"Persona 4 Golden/Soul Sacrifice/Monster Hunter/etc look AMAZING."

Not even a minute later.

"Same game sucks cuz its gonna be on the Vita. It should be on the PS3!"

Another minute later.

"The Vita needs a killer App or it will die."

Good job jumping to conclusions. We're not all idiots, you know.

I already own Persona 4 and two of the Uncharted games. So I have little interest in those "killer apps".

Monster Hunter? Is it out yet? No? Then it doesn't matter.

Soul Sacrifice? Heard interesting things but it's not out yet.

The two games that did interest me on the Vita is Shinobido Zen (Original game for PS2 was excellent and the PSP port was pretty good too. It's also one of the few games with a non-distracting implementation of the touch screen) and Earth Defence Force 3 Portable (Though I think I'll skip that as it seems it will only get a digital release in the EU/US).

You know what I'd like for the Vita? Valkyria Chronicles 3 SE (PSP, JP only), Earth Defence Force 2 Portable (PSP, JP only - Dual analog support would make it amazing) and God Eater 2.

Those would be my killer apps. Then they would just have to work out the kinks with the proprietary memory (The price) and probably get a hardware revision out as well.

AV out would be very nice, but I know most people don't value it as much as me - Dual memory ports would be nice too, 16 GB really isn't a lot these days and changeable batteries with a higher capacity (Though I'm aware of the limits on battery technology - Can't really increase capacity while maintaining size. So making the Vita more power efficient as well would be good).

Then I would buy a Vita right away.

Maybe I'm asking too much, but then again, why should I be expected to pay for a product that doesn't do the things I want?

How is it "jumping" when that is the natural flow of poor mentality on this site?

And how about you expect the Vita to make your bed and thank your mom for letting you stay in the basement too.