This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vita flopping proves Sony should focus on PS3 only.

#141LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 8:02:21 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
How did the Wii flop? It sold more then the Ps3 and 360...the DS sold more then both combined.

The difference is that the Wii hasn't been selling well since last year - the PS3 is still going very strong and will continue to do so for a couple more years.

Wii U is the reason. Nintendo cuts off a console immediately when preparing for a new one

Microsoft will do the same with the 360 once the 720 comes out, just like they did with XBox 1

What does "Nintendo cuts off a console" mean? They go out and tell consumers to stop buying the Wii?
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#142Crimson681Posted 12/30/2012 8:15:06 PM
It does sorta irritate me that they release stuff on PSP and VITA I would have been glad to purchase if it was released on PS3. I'm not a handheld person, so I'm not going to buy a handheld, or even think about it.
#143Devilman_AmonPosted 12/30/2012 8:18:50 PM(edited)

What does "Nintendo cuts off a console" mean? They go out and tell consumers to stop buying the Wii?

Advertising, bundles, promotions, games etc

I just told you Sony is still promoting the PSP in Japan with bundles for even lesser known games like visual novel dating sims. That's an incentive for the developer. Nintendo is not doing that anymore with the Wii and there are no more 1st party games. And Sony is not really doing it enough with the Vita, so they are not really giving PSP players an incentive to drop their PSP's for a Vita...

---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#144Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 8:16:26 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
How is it "jumping" when that is the natural flow of poor mentality on this site?

Pro-tip: When your quoting someone, it gives the impression that what you're saying has something to do with said quote.

I proved you assumptions wrong, sorry to disappoint you.

And you know, just because everyone around you is stupid doesn't mean that you have to be too.

And how about you expect the Vita to make your bed and thank your mom for letting you stay in the basement too.

Or how about I pay for something that I actually want?

It's not that hard of a concept to grasp, really.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#145LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 8:21:35 PM

Advertising, bundles, games etc

- The Wii mini was released in Canada on December 7, 2012
- Bundles are still available.

Also, games stopped in 2011 - why do they need to do that 1 year before the Wii U releases?
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#146Fou LuPosted 12/30/2012 8:26:51 PM
Nah, they should go back to focusing on their TVs. Their TV sales used to keep them in the green, but now, due to poor quality control and lots of recall notices due to TVs emitting smoke or just plain bursting into flame, they're hurting. Had they kept focusing on making a decent TV, it could have easily covered the Vita.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#147PendragoonPosted 12/30/2012 8:40:04 PM
Fou Lu posted...
Nah, they should go back to focusing on their TVs. Their TV sales used to keep them in the green, but now, due to poor quality control and lots of recall notices due to TVs emitting smoke or just plain bursting into flame, they're hurting. Had they kept focusing on making a decent TV, it could have easily covered the Vita.

They lost out on the TV market because Samsung and Vizio made TVs that were cheaper and in some cases, better than what Sony put out. Kinda fitting since Vizio was founded by a former Sony exec...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#148Nightmare637Posted 12/30/2012 8:48:07 PM
Ben__Affleck posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
DrEaM_420 posted...
How did the Wii flop? It sold more then the Ps3 and 360...the DS sold more then both combined.

Can I see your source?(It's not that I don't believe you but I do like looking at sources when hearing something I haven't heard before)

You haven't heard that before? That's actually fairly common knowledge. Wii sold like 25 to 30 million more consoles than PS3 or 360 and DS has sold something like 150+ million over the years.. easily more than 360 and PS3 combined.

I don't go to console boards very often, and I usually stay away from sales topics.
#149Devilman_AmonPosted 12/30/2012 8:53:41 PM

- The Wii mini was released in Canada on December 7, 2012

lol Canada. And that mini is crap. Only a blind fool would buy that crap. I wonder why they didn't bother releasing it in the states or Europe?

- Bundles are still available.

Not new ones

Also, games stopped in 2011 - why do they need to do that 1 year before the Wii U releases?

Do what? What I said? Build hype and avert attention
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#150VampiricDragon_Posted 12/30/2012 9:03:34 PM
the psp is selling well, it proves sony should stop making mistakes