This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vita flopping proves Sony should focus on PS3 only.

#151LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 9:05:19 PM
lol Canada. And that mini is crap. Only a blind fool would buy that crap. I wonder why they didn't bother releasing it in the states or Europe?

Well, Europe got the Wii Family Edition last year.

Not new ones

How many Wii bundles where there over the years?

Do what? What I said? Build hype and avert attention

So, Nintendo cut off the Wii 1 year ahead of the Wii U's release (even though a new revised version was released in Canada and the Wii ads were still very much present) to build hype for the Wii U? That makes perfect sense from a business perspective.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#152PendragoonPosted 12/30/2012 9:22:25 PM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
the psp is selling well, it proves sony should stop making mistakes

Sony probably should have just stuck with the PSP for a few more years. Piracy would always be an issue with the system, but many games did manage to sell well. They could have also made a bigger push for digital downloads and PS+ integration to get more people to stay legit.

Maybe release a model with a screen as good as the Go and a better design. (maybe even a clamshell) and add in a SD card reader in addition to memory sticks. (to encourage more to buy digital)

If anything they could always fall back on the PSP...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#153ADHDguitarPosted 12/30/2012 9:24:20 PM
Xbox 360 is not getting any stronger. Only thing they have going now is Halo 4 and Gears. At the beginning of this Gen, the Xbox was destroying the PS3.

Now, not so much.

The Vita should stop focusing on "console quality gaming" and provide QUALITY gaming.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#154LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 9:25:10 PM(edited)
The Vita should stop focusing on "console quality gaming" and provide QUALITY gaming.

And how does it not do that?

---
#155CooperRCPosted 12/30/2012 9:29:49 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Fulvip posted...
nouseravailable posted...
Looking at Xbox360, but the only good exclusive is still Lost Odyssey. Where is this lineup you're talking about?

Tales of Veperia and Bayonetta at 60fps.

The PS3 has the better version of Vesperia and Bayonetta is perfectly playable.

Except Vesperia is Japan only. And if by perfectly playable you mean you have time to take a nap in the time it takes to enter a menu, I guess it is.

Except PS3 Vesperia is still the better version and the patch fixed Bayo's load times.

As far as I am concerned, the version is not better when it is not in a language I can understand.

That being said, not everything is better about the PS3 version.

It has more content, but they had to downgrade the graphics on the PS3 version to get it to work. It dropped from 720p native on the 360 to 576p native on the PS3.
#156Devilman_AmonPosted 12/30/2012 9:30:07 PM
LuminescentRule posted...

Well, Europe got the Wii Family Edition last year.

Yes. One year ago

How many Wii bundles where there over the years?

What does that have to do with the situation now that the Wii is all but dead?

So, Nintendo cut off the Wii 1 year ahead of the Wii U's release (even though a new revised version was released in Canada and the Wii ads were still very much present) to build hype for the Wii U? That makes perfect sense from a business perspective.

I don't try to defend Nintendo's business actions. I'm merely telling you what they do.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#157ADHDguitarPosted 12/30/2012 9:32:12 PM
LuminescentRule posted...

And how does it not do that?

Well, it doesn't have enough games for one. That's about it actually. I don't have one (yet) mind you, I've just been very cautious of all the fairly unambitious portable versions of PS3 games.

It's getting better though from what I've seen.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#158LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 9:35:20 PM
What does that have to do with the situation now that the Wii is all but dead?

Because the Wii never had a lot of bundles - not when it was selling like hotcakes, not now.

I don't try to defend Nintendo's business actions. I'm merely telling you what they do.

Let me tell you how it is - the Wii was a fad. It died down. Pure and simple. And that is why the Wii U won't sell as much as the Wii.
---
#159LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 9:36:22 PM
Well, it doesn't have enough games for one. That's about it actually. I don't have one (yet) mind you, I've just been very cautious of all the fairly unambitious portable versions of PS3 games.

It's getting better though from what I've seen.

In other words, you can't really know what good games or how many of them the Vita has.
---
#160rpglover13Posted 12/30/2012 9:37:32 PM
Now that I think about it, Sony should keep the Vita but integrate it more with the PS3 and PSP, like an all-in-one deal. They though about the Vita as continuing your home gaming, so they should give buyers cloud storage for their downloadable games(giving more incentive for the 3G model) and make the game/saves universal(like the way the Ouya or whatever is going) have more downloadable gaming and have the games be able to play on a Vita or PS3(and make the PSP games available for both PS3 and Vita). This would complete the phasing out of the PSP and make a better incentive for switching to a Vita.