This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vita flopping proves Sony should focus on PS3 only.

#161Devilman_AmonPosted 12/30/2012 9:37:58 PM
LuminescentRule posted...

Because the Wii never had a lot of bundles - not when it was selling like hotcakes, not now.

okay

Let me tell you how it is - the Wii was a fad. It died down. Pure and simple. And that is why the Wii U won't sell as much as the Wii.

okay
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#162LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 9:46:23 PM
Now that I think about it, Sony should keep the Vita but integrate it more with the PS3 and PSP, like an all-in-one deal. They though about the Vita as continuing your home gaming, so they should give buyers cloud storage for their downloadable games(giving more incentive for the 3G model) and make the game/saves universal(like the way the Ouya or whatever is going) have more downloadable gaming and have the games be able to play on a Vita or PS3(and make the PSP games available for both PS3 and Vita). This would complete the phasing out of the PSP and make a better incentive for switching to a Vita.

Which is exactly what they're doing. They're pushing cross-buy and cross-platform gaming more and more. Cloud saving is here already.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#163The_Mighty_KELPPosted 12/30/2012 11:14:57 PM
username1289 posted...
The_Mighty_KELP posted...
VITA IS NOT FLOPPING. >:(
I don't even OWN one, but I'm just sick of people bashing it when it's getting some amazing exclusives and has some seriously good hardware.

Perhaps it's failing because you didn't buy one?
;(

I am planning on getting one. I don't have the money yet. My point is it's NOT FAILING.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#164Lightning_fanPosted 12/30/2012 11:25:57 PM
arclouks_x posted...
jammies posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
servb0ts posted...
Sony should leave handhelds to nintendo and accept the ass whooping.

I'd much rather see FF Disidia, FF7 Crisis Core, both Valkeryia Chronicles & Type-O on PS3

This. Nintendo is absolutely unbeatable in the portable market.

Apple disagrees.

He said portable market not smartphone and tablet market, different target audience for sure.

Then Vita is a different target demographic lol.

ios plays better looking games for a cheaper price. That is a fact. ios games do better than 3DS games.
#165CrimsonGear80Posted 12/30/2012 11:28:25 PM
ios plays better looking games for a cheaper price

cheaper price I'll agree with.....after the 400+ dollars you pay for an iPod touch/iphone/ipad.

better looking.....no, just no.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#166CooperRCPosted 12/30/2012 11:38:01 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

cheaper price I'll agree with.....after the 400+ dollars you pay for an iPod touch/iphone/ipad.

Here is the reality. More and more people are thinking that there is no point in buying a dedicated handheld gaming system when they can just play games on their smartphone or tablet. Yes, there are a lot of shovelware games on the smartphone, but there are still a lot of good games in there worth playing. I think the Vita may be in trouble since it does not have the kid audience like the 3DS. Many adults with a smart phone see no reason in getting something like the Vita.
#167PendragoonPosted 12/30/2012 11:38:27 PM
username1289 posted...
I don't even OWN one, but I'm just sick of people bashing it when it's getting some amazing exclusives and has some seriously good hardware.

;(

I am planning on getting one. I don't have the money yet. My point is it's NOT FAILING.

The Wii U is on track to outsell it globally in just another month at the latest. The Vita is selling very slowly and there isn't anything that could be considered a killer app. It may not be failing, but it isn't selling well either.

I am curious as to the US Christmas sales numbers for the Vita, but what I have seen of the Japanese numbers were downright sad. Sony said we can't judge the Vita until after it's first Christmas, well... Judgment Day is almost here.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#168LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 11:46:13 PM
The Wii U is on track to outsell it globally in just another month at the latest. The Vita is selling very slowly and there isn't anything that could be considered a killer app. It may not be failing, but it isn't selling well either.

I am curious as to the US Christmas sales numbers for the Vita, but what I have seen of the Japanese numbers were downright sad. Sony said we can't judge the Vita until after it's first Christmas, well... Judgment Day is almost here.

A console outselling a handheld that targets core gamers?

youdontsay.gif
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#169kcypher2000Posted 12/30/2012 11:50:41 PM
username1289 posted...

;(

The vita is failing. Stop lying to yourselves cause even sony can admit its doing bad but morons on here cant.
#170Lightning_fanPosted 12/30/2012 11:59:28 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Maybe not better looking than Vita now but they will be lol... (Already better looking than 3DS games).

I mean the pricing model is so much better on IOS and there are amazing games to be found.

Yeah the hardware is expensive but it kind of balances itself out when you get the games cheap.

This is coming from a Vita owner.