This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vita flopping proves Sony should focus on PS3 only.

#21Pereb27Posted 12/30/2012 2:38:14 PM
Fulvip posted...
Except Vesperia is Japan only. And if by perfectly playable you mean you have time to take a nap in the time it takes to enter a menu, I guess it is.

Haven't had this problem you're referring to at all in my 200 hours of playtime.
#22Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 2:41:06 PM
Agreed.

The Vita has been a disaster from day one. Nothing but bad decisions all around.

Gimmick control methods (Shoehorned into games, mandatory for basic menu navigation in spite of the perfectly functional D-pad and face buttons), bad battery times (Without being able to change battery), no AV out, ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory card (Despite the fact that they already had a proprietary SDHC memory card for the PSP), only one account per memory card and atrocious software support.

All I wanted was a PSP with two proper analog sticks. What we got was an overpriced useless piece of junk .

So yeah, I'd say scrap it and port over it's remaining releases to the PS3.

That or release a hardware revision that makes it less crap and get more developers making real games instead of tech demos showcasing it's unnecessary alternative control method (Gyro on a handheld? Are you ****ing stupid? And let's not even get started on the back touch screen... Or action games that require simultaneous use of face buttons and touch screen).
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#23EseenuzPosted 12/30/2012 2:41:15 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
Yea Vita is a flop, all that money and the money being spent to put Vita on life support, is wasting PS3's resources for further support and more exclusives. Do PS3 gamers agree? Look at Xbox360, they don't have a portable and X360's lineup is getting stronger instead of splitting the pie between itself and some portable, dragging along the portable that steals exclusives from them, as well as 1st party and 3rd party funding. Sony should support PS3 1st party games instead of wasting money on Vita (Siren series should be supported more). What is Sony thinking?? http://kotaku.com/5931820/this-week-in-the-business-ps-vita-is-an-utter-flop

I've never seen an intelligent person use the word... "flop"

lol
#24crazyman32Posted 12/30/2012 2:44:11 PM
jammies posted...
X360's lineup is getting stronger

Toke Jopic

This^ 360 lineup is getting stronger lol yeah ok
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#25Vs1991Posted 12/30/2012 2:45:22 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
Agreed.

The Vita has been a disaster from day one. Nothing but bad decisions all around.

Gimmick control methods (Shoehorned into games, mandatory for basic menu navigation in spite of the perfectly functional D-pad and face buttons), bad battery times (Without being able to change battery), no AV out, ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory card (Despite the fact that they already had a proprietary SDHC memory card for the PSP), only one account per memory card and atrocious software support.

All I wanted was a PSP with two proper analog sticks. What we got was an overpriced useless piece of junk .

So yeah, I'd say scrap it and port over it's remaining releases to the PS3.

That or release a hardware revision that makes it less crap and get more developers making real games instead of tech demos showcasing it's unnecessary alternative control method (Gyro on a handheld? Are you ****ing stupid? And let's not even get started on the back touch screen... Or action games that require simultaneous use of face buttons and touch screen).

not many games force you to use gyro or back touch screen. even the ones that do are minimal. menu navigation can be done with dpad and buttons since a few updates ago.

battery times are better then the 3ds. not sure about the xl though. no av out sucks, but itll probably come with the next revision and yeah the memory cards are expensive.

itll get better soon though. it hasnt even been a year yet
#26ironbruPosted 12/30/2012 2:46:22 PM(edited)
Gimmick control methods (Shoehorned into games, mandatory for basic menu navigation in spite of the perfectly functional D-pad and face buttons),

You can use the buttons to control the menus. You can turn it off or on in the setting menu. It was added in an update ages ago.

unnecessary alternative control method (Gyro on a handheld? Are you ****ing stupid?

The 3DS has this as do most phones and tablets nowadays too.
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport and Wipeout Series.
#27ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/30/2012 2:46:48 PM
Fulvip posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
nouseravailable posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Looking at Xbox360, but the only good exclusive is still Lost Odyssey. Where is this lineup you're talking about?

Tales of Veperia and Bayonetta at 60fps.

The PS3 has the better version of Vesperia and Bayonetta is perfectly playable.

Except Vesperia is Japan only. And if by perfectly playable you mean you have time to take a nap in the time it takes to enter a menu, I guess it is.

Except PS3 Vesperia is still the better version and the patch fixed Bayo's load times.
#28Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 2:49:48 PM
ironbru posted...
You can use the buttons to control the menus. You can turn it off or on in the setting menu. It was added in an update ages ago.

That's something at least.

I haven't got a Vita yet myself because really, it doesn't seem to be an improvement from the Vita.

The lack of good games so far is the most pressing issue.

Then there's the fact that one of the games I was looking forward to will only get a digital release in the west (Earth Defence Force 3 Portable)... Well, I'm not very happy about it.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#29ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/30/2012 2:52:04 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
ironbru posted...

That's something at least.

I haven't got a Vita yet myself because really, it doesn't seem to be an improvement from the Vita.

The lack of good games so far is the most pressing issue.

Then there's the fact that one of the games I was looking forward to will only get a digital release in the west (Earth Defence Force 3 Portable)... Well, I'm not very happy about it.

Well, I can say that P4G alone was worth my Vita purchase.
#30kewldude475Posted 12/30/2012 2:52:22 PM
Remember when PS3 and PSP weren't doing well?

Yeah, so do I. Either you're an idiot, or you're a troll. Maybe Sony should have given up on both of those consoles.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2