This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vita flopping proves Sony should focus on PS3 only.

#31kewldude475Posted 12/30/2012 2:52:50 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
servb0ts posted...
Sony should leave handhelds to nintendo and accept the ass whooping.

I'd much rather see FF Disidia, FF7 Crisis Core, both Valkeryia Chronicles & Type-O on PS3

This. Nintendo is absolutely unbeatable in the portable market.

In terms of sales? Duh. In terms of games? Subjective.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2
#32Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 2:57:35 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Well, I can say that P4G alone was worth my Vita purchase.

Have the PS2 version already, so no rush to get the Vita re-release.

Hell, I haven't even finished Persona 3 FES yet. I really need to do that soon... It's only been like... 3 years?

I'm terrible at finishing RPGs.

I'm more focused on PS3 purchases right now anyway. I really wish Atlus could release Persona 4 Arena in Europe already.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#33SoaringDivePosted 12/30/2012 2:57:40 PM
kewldude475 posted...
Remember when PS3 and PSP weren't doing well?

The PSP never did well. Software sales were abysmal due to how rampant piracy was - hence why the rest of the world still hasn't gotten MHP3 or Type-0, and Sony and Konami had to resort to porting PSP games to the PS3 (and 360 for Konami) to make up for it (God of War, Peace Walker).
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#34kewldude475Posted 12/30/2012 3:10:53 PM(edited)
Mutant1988 posted...
Agreed. The Vita has been a disaster from day one. Nothing but bad decisions all around.

Nope. Had a strong launch lineup, and is still getting games. Uncharted, and a few multiplats and ports that are good.

Gimmick control methods

Like the PS3 controller and PS move? And eye toy for PS2?

(Shoehorned into games, mandatory for basic menu navigation in spite of the perfectly functional D-pad and face buttons),

You mean the front touch screen which has been used in menu navigation for years? And there was a patch a long time ago that allows you to use the D-pad to navigate the menu, not sure why someone would desperately want that anyways.

bad battery times

You mean like every other handheld and smart phone since the PSP? Also, Vita charges very quickly. And as an added bonus, Sony made a portable charger, and Nyko made an extended battery kit.

(Without being able to change battery)

Actually, you can. It's just not as easy.

no AV out

I'd rather play the games on the OLED. That said, an AV would be nice, if you were into that, but that sorta kills the point of portable games.

ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory card

As if Sony, and other companies haven't ALWAYS overcharged for memory.

and atrocious software support.

lol no. That's your opinion.

All I wanted was a PSP with two proper analog sticks. What we got was an overpriced useless piece of junk.

All I wanted was to see a thread that didn't have people bashing things they know little about. Instead, I just got laughably pathetic, foolish posts.

So yeah, I'd say scrap it and port over it's remaining releases to the PS3.

Seems like a sound financial decision to me! Lets make you Sony CEO!

That or release a hardware revision that makes it less crap and get more developers making real games instead of tech demos showcasing it's unnecessary alternative control method (Gyro on a handheld? Are you ****ing stupid?

Oh yeah, if Sony lets their system due, and makes a new, inferior system, developers will magically want to make games for it! Your logic is infallible! And since when is gyro on a handheld a bad thing? 3DS seems to do it fine. I guess that's just a complaint you pulled out of your ass.

And let's not even get started on the back touch screen... Or action games that require simultaneous use of face buttons and touch screen).

Never encountered a game like that. That being said, the back touchscreen isn't normally used, and is implemented well in Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Anyways, I enjoyed destroying you. I hope to get to do it again soon.
---
#35ironbruPosted 12/30/2012 3:09:07 PM
kewldude475 posted...

The PSP never did well. Software sales were abysmal due to how rampant piracy was - hence why the rest of the world still hasn't gotten MHP3 or Type-0, and Sony and Konami had to resort to porting PSP games to the PS3 (and 360 for Konami) to make up for it (God of War, Peace Walker).

MHP3 was actually Sony's fault and had nothing to do with piracy. It was something to do with Ad - Hoc Party not being fully compatible with MHP3 and Sony refusing to change it. If it really was to do with piracy then the west would have never got any of the MHP games.
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport and Wipeout Series.
#36kewldude475Posted 12/30/2012 3:10:21 PM
SoaringDive posted...
kewldude475 posted...

Um, except some games sold millions of copies. And we still got FF, KH, MGS, DBZ, Ys, GoW, Persona, and quite a few other games. Few people say PSP was a bad system. Try harder.
---
#37nouseravailablePosted 12/30/2012 3:18:17 PM
Wow, there are actually people comparing 3ds with phones... Anyway, Vita looks good, id just want more before i bought one. PSP looks awesome tho.
---
"I dont have a daughter. But I cant let that stop me from sorting out her musical training." -why the lucky stiff
#38Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 3:28:33 PM(edited)
kewldude475 posted...

Nope. Had a strong lineup, and is still getting games. Uncharted, and a few multiplats and ports that are good.

Not strong enough to make me (And I presume a lot of people) want it.

Like the PS3 controller and PS move? And eye toy for PS2?

Not shoehorned into games where it doesn't belong, but used for games based entirely around them or as optional control methods.

QTE in Uncharted Golden Abyss requiring you to swipe across the touch screen? Bad implementation.

You mean the front touch screen which has been used in menu navigation for years?

Not everyone likes touch screens. I just find it an unnecessary gimmick that's easily worn out and less convenient and precise than buttons and analog sticks (For gaming).

bad battery times

You mean like every other handheld and smart phone since the PSP?

No, I mean worse than it's predecessor. Am I wrong to expect an improvement with it's successor?

(Without being able to change battery)

Actually, you can. It's just not as easy.

For no good reason. Again, worse than the PSP.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#39Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 3:25:28 PM

I'd rather play the games on the OLED. That said, an AV would be nice, if you were into that, but that sorta kills the point of portable games.

Or maybe I like recording footage from games?

As if Sony, and other companies haven't ALWAYS overcharged for memory.

They already had a SD-HC card memory format. There was no need to make another one.

lol no. That's your opinion.

Yes.

Did you not understand that or something?

Seems like a sound financial decision to me! Lets make you Sony CEO!

Cut your loses and keep working on what works is a sound business strategy. It's not an option in this case though, given the considerable investment already made.

I don't want a Vita though. So yeah, of course I'd like those games on a system that's actually good.

Oh yeah, if Sony lets their system due, and makes a new, inferior system,

AV out, enable multiple accounts per memory card (If they implemented it to curb content sharing, they could just disable that feature and let people have their multiple accounts if they want to), compatibility with Memory Pro Stick Duo.

Does that sound inferior to you?
---
#40Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 3:25:44 PM

developers will magically want to make games for it!

It would potentially increase the number of buyers by one, as I would consider buying a Vita.

Your logic is infallible! And since when is gyro on a handheld a bad thing?

Because when you tilt the controller, you tile the screen and have to tilt your head to see the screen.

That's annoying, straining and could lead to dropping the system.

Anyways, I enjoyed destroying you. I hope to get to do it again soon.

I'm glad you enjoy being delusional. Life must be very easy for you.
---