This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vita flopping proves Sony should focus on PS3 only.

#41Devilman_AmonPosted 12/30/2012 2:25:56 PM
PSP is dead in the West but developers in Japan are still supporting the PSP while not moving onto the Vita like they did with the DS to the 3DS.

3DS strives due to the 1st party support mostly

As soon as developers stop supporting the PSP and move onto the Vita than it should be fine but I don't see that happening any time soon.
Developers are scared the PSP owners won't move onto the Vita. Vita needs that one killer game that people want to buy the system for to help push it along. It hasn't gotten that yet.

Even Sony is still supporting the PSP by offering bundle packs to even obscure games like Otome (girls romance) games.
Meanwhile Nintendo knows when to abandon a system for it's superior one
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#42DragoonGriffithPosted 12/30/2012 2:30:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#43DragoonGriffithPosted 12/30/2012 2:31:38 PM
EDIT: Nevermind
---
http://i.imgur.com/H0Os6.gif
http://i.imgur.com/k0Qio.gif
#44servb0tsPosted 12/30/2012 2:33:58 PM
kewldude475 posted...
Remember when PS3 and PSP weren't doing well?

Yeah, so do I. Either you're an idiot, or you're a troll. Maybe Sony should have given up on both of those consoles.

PSP 3000 did amazing and is still selling to this day. Vita exclusive expensive memory damaged Vitas potential.

I love my PSP300 and my 50+Japanese UMDs, no reason for me to buy a Vita atm.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#45RotuhiiriPosted 12/30/2012 2:34:58 PM
The PSP selling more units globally than the PS3 shows that Sony should focus exclusively on handheld gaming.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#46kewldude475Posted 12/30/2012 2:43:16 PM
Oh wow, mutant1988 is back for more! And for a while, I thought he had wised up. LOL!

Don't worry, you'll get another paddling soon enough.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2
#47Darth_ElusivePosted 12/30/2012 2:52:01 PM
I also think Sony should not have made the Vita.
Smart phones is the future of handhelds. Vita, 3DS are the last of its kind. The chairman of Nintendo knows that and was critical of the "cheap" games on smart phone.
The money spent on Vita would have been better spent on PS4. Just another bad decision by Sony executive.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#48kewldude475Posted 12/30/2012 2:55:27 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
Not strong enough to make me (And I presume a lot of people) want it.

Mostly due to the price of the system and memory. Many have expressed interest in it, but it is out of their price range. I mean, I'm sure a lot of people would like a mansion, or a ferrari, but it is just too expensive. Naturally you are unable to think of this.

Not shoehorned into games where it doesn't belong, but used for games based entirely around them or as optional control methods. QTE in Uncharted Golden Abyss requiring you to swipe across the touch screen? Bad implementation.

You do know that most games don't implement it, and when they do, it's hardly "shoehorned". That word is just an argument device you use to try to prove your point, but it's really just another complaint you pulled out of your ass. Good job.

And Uncharted was criticized for that. That's the developer, not the system. Herp a derp. On another note, it usually worked fine for me.

Not everyone likes touch screens.

Not everyone doesn't like touchscreens. What the hell is your point. Have you seen sales figures for DS and 3DS?

No, I mean worse than it's predecessor. Am I wrong to expect an improvement with it's successor?

No, their battery life is pretty similar. And unless you're a complete idiot, or just refuse to take precautionary measures, battery life will never be an issue. The game TELLS you when the battery reaches ~20%, and there are options I already described. Also, Vita is much more powerful than the PSP. What the hell would you expect anyways?

For no good reason. Again, worse than the PSP.

Yeah, aside from the battery modding from the PSP. And after all that, it's still not very difficult.

Man, your arguments are terrible. Just give up, lmao.
---
#49kewldude475Posted 12/30/2012 3:01:45 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
Or maybe I like recording footage from games?

Fair enough. But a recording device may be released in the future.

They already had a SD-HC card memory format. There was no need to make another one.

Aside from... piracy.

Yes.

Did you not understand that or something?

Oh I'm sorry, I should clarify - your incredibly terrible and uninformed opinion.

Cut your loses and keep working on what works is a sound business strategy. It's not an option in this case though, given the considerable investment already made.

I don't want a Vita though. So yeah, of course I'd like those games on a system that's actually good.

So you admit that your plan is terrible? Okay then!

AV out, enable multiple accounts per memory card (If they implemented it to curb content sharing, they could just disable that feature and let people have their multiple accounts if they want to), compatibility with Memory Pro Stick Duo.

If Sony wanted to make that, then they would have. They didn't just magically forget about that. And by the way, those are s***** reasons for a revision. In fact, sharing accounts was technically possible, but a patch took away that ability. Meaning that's not what SONY wanted.
---
#50AirborneMp90Posted 12/30/2012 3:02:35 PM
jammies posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
servb0ts posted...
Sony should leave handhelds to nintendo and accept the ass whooping.

I'd much rather see FF Disidia, FF7 Crisis Core, both Valkeryia Chronicles & Type-O on PS3

This. Nintendo is absolutely unbeatable in the portable market.

Apple disagrees.

this guy gets it.