This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vita flopping proves Sony should focus on PS3 only.

#51LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 4:04:05 PM
So, how much money is Sony losing on the Vita?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#52King_Of_SpamPosted 12/30/2012 4:05:40 PM
Vita is amazing.

Also saw Kotoku, posting comment and never looking back at this topic.
#53NuclearChipmunkPosted 12/30/2012 4:08:02 PM
Handheld is bad.
#54kewldude475Posted 12/30/2012 4:08:05 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
It would potentially increase the number of buyers by one, as I would consider buying a Vita.

Yes, and I could potentially get asked out on a date by Carly Rae Jepsen, and I could potentially survive a gunshot wound to the head. Doesn't make it likely. Your plan sucks. Who wants to buy another system from a company that just let another one of theirs fail? Aside from you of course, but you're not exactly known for making... logical decisions are you?

Because when you tilt the controller, you tile the screen and have to tilt your head to see the screen.

Your eyesight must be absolutely terrible.

That's annoying, straining and could lead to dropping the system.

What are you, five? Have your motor skills not fully developed?

I'm glad you enjoy being delusional. Life must be very easy for you.

It is indeed very easy when you make arguments that are this terrible.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2
#55Godly_GoofPosted 12/30/2012 4:09:41 PM
King_Of_Spam posted...
Vita is amazing.

That's why today alone I saw 3 get returned or exchanged in less than 4 hours. Only reason I have mine was because I got it for $150. I think half the reason its flopping is that the 3DS is pretty much half the price with backwards compatability similar online store and an already doubled and then some game library :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#56LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 4:17:20 PM(edited)
Mutant1988 is getting destroyed.

Edit: His arguments are getting destroyed.
---
#57LuminescentRulePosted 12/30/2012 4:26:15 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
King_Of_Spam posted...
Vita is amazing.

That's why today alone I saw 3 get returned or exchanged in less than 4 hours. Only reason I have mine was because I got it for $150. I think half the reason its flopping is that the 3DS is pretty much half the price with backwards compatability similar online store and an already doubled and then some game library :/

Who cares if kids don't want the Vita?
---
#58Godly_GoofPosted 12/30/2012 4:30:38 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
King_Of_Spam posted...
Vita is amazing.

Who cares if kids don't want the Vita?

Consumers, sales reps at Sony, game developers, stores selling said vitas.

Just to name a few anyway.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#59justchill433Posted 12/30/2012 4:37:02 PM(edited)
ITT: People who don't know anything about business, people with blind hate for handhelds, and just idiots in general.

Oh yeah, Sony dropping the Vita would be a great idea right? It worked out well with Sega... oh wait. Most of the losses come from R&D for the system. If Sony drops the Vita then they wasted all that money and they have angry fans. Even if the Vita continues to do crappy for the rest of it's life it's still making money to recoup those early losses.

Sony should leave handhelds to nintendo and accept the ass whooping.

I'd much rather see FF Disidia, FF7 Crisis Core, both Valkeryia Chronicles & Type-O on PS3

Handhelds are much cheaper to develop for. If handhelds didn't exist then most of those games wouldn't even exist you idiot. Valkyria Chronicles would never have gotten a sequel because console development is expensive and the first game flopped. We should just have one console too right? Who needs variety and competiton? If the Vita didn't exist then we would still be paying $250 for the 3DS and we wouldn't have gems like gravity rush.

Agreed.

The Vita has been a disaster from day one. Nothing but bad decisions all around.

Gimmick control methods (Shoehorned into games, mandatory for basic menu navigation in spite of the perfectly functional D-pad and face buttons), bad battery times (Without being able to change battery), no AV out, ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory card (Despite the fact that they already had a proprietary SDHC memory card for the PSP), only one account per memory card and atrocious software support.

All I wanted was a PSP with two proper analog sticks. What we got was an overpriced useless piece of junk .

So yeah, I'd say scrap it and port over it's remaining releases to the PS3.

That or release a hardware revision that makes it less crap and get more developers making real games instead of tech demos showcasing it's unnecessary alternative control method (Gyro on a handheld? Are you ****ing stupid? And let's not even get started on the back touch screen... Or action games that require simultaneous use of face buttons and touch screen).

You're the worst person in this topic. You don't own the system. Most of your arguments are automatically invalid. Who argues about controls when they haven't even used them? That is pretty ****ing stupid.

Give the Vita some time. I know it's useless in saying this. I've been on the PS3 board since it was announced. For the first 3 years all you heard was the PS3 is a flop and Sony should drop it. Well look at it now, it sold more than the 360 despite releasing a year late, it makes a healthy profit, and arguably it has a better library. Same with the PSP. For a doomed flop it still sold 70 million systems and made Sony tons of cash.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#60Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 4:47:36 PM
justchill433 posted...

You're the worst person in this topic. You don't own the system. Most of your arguments are automatically invalid. Who argues about controls when they haven't even used them? That is pretty ****ing stupid.

All I have done is listed reasons why the the VITA isn't worth the price of admission.

It is not a good replacement for the PSP. A LOT of work needs to be put in to make it such.

But of course, I'm wrong in hoping that a company can do things right to begin with. Let's just let them **** up for a few years.

You think I'm happy about Vita being a failure? No. I want it to have games and be a good device.

Also kewldude475, Ad Hominem. You fail at debating.

The Vita is too expensive. So no one bought it. So no one develops games for it. So Sony lose money.

You don't see a problem with this?

And yeah, a feature is shoehorned in when what it does could just as easily have been done with the already existing buttons. Exactly the same as with Wii titles that are just ports of PS2 games with slapped on motion controls. Buttons would have worked better.

And I assume you have proof that the new memory cards are intended to curb piracy?

And you mean to say that because Sony wanted to make a worse device, it's okay for them to make a worse device?
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.