This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vita flopping proves Sony should focus on PS3 only.

#61CrimsonGear80Posted 12/30/2012 3:52:36 PM
You guys are going to look silly when the Vita is still being sold a year from now.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#62Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 3:54:10 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
You guys are going to look silly when the Vita is still being sold a year from now.

Enough to turn a profit?

Yeah, I'll be very surprised.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#63CrimsonGear80Posted 12/30/2012 3:54:26 PM
All I have done is listed reasons why the the VITA isn't worth the price of admission.

From a guy who doesn't own one. For example, you can use the buttons to control the menu now, and that's just one thing you got wrong.

So yeah, don't run your mouth when you know nothing about what you are talking about.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
#64CrimsonGear80Posted 12/30/2012 3:55:58 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Enough to turn a profit?

PS3 didn't turn a profit for a couple years. neither did the PS2. Sony is a multi-billion dollar company whether they turn a profit or not. they have no problem waiting to reap the benefits.
---
#65justchill433Posted 12/30/2012 3:56:31 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Enough to turn a profit?

They said this about the PS3 and the PSP too. We see how they turned out...
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#66ironbruPosted 12/30/2012 4:01:38 PM(edited)
And I assume you have proof that the new memory cards are intended to curb piracy?

They were made for 2 reason, to make money back from R&D of the Vita and to curb piracy. You can't use the Vita memory cards in anything else, not even memory card readers. If you want to copy or send data to another memory card or back it up you can't just plug it in to a PC or a PS3 like you can with the PSP, you have to use a program on the PC or on the PS3. This program is only compatible with PS Vita's and has to be started on the Vita itself. You have to register you Vita with the program to even use it. This is the only way to get data too and from the memory cards the Vita uses, if you don't use the program then you don't have access to the memory card. How the memory cards work and are accessed is proof enough that piracy was one of the reasons they made them.
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport and Wipeout Series.
#67Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 4:06:15 PM
ironbru posted...
They were made for 2 reason, to make money back from R&D of the Vita and to curb piracy. You can't use the Vita memory cards in anything else, not even memory card readers. If you want to copy or send data to another memory card or back it up you can't just plug it in to a PC or a PS3 like you can with the PSP, you have to use a program on the PC or on the PS3. This program is only compatible with PS Vita's and has to be started on the Vita itself. You have to register you Vita with the program to even use it. This is the only way to get data too and from the memory cards the Vita uses, if you don't use the program then you don't have access to the memory card.

That's still not a good deal for a paying customer. And sounds like a real nuisance.

Thanks for the informed reply though. It's nice to see someone being able to reply without throwing around baseless insults.

justchill433 posted...
They said this about the PS3 and the PSP too. We see how they turned out...

They're not doing as well as you think they are.

But you know, I like those two. Lots of good games. Vita is still to expensive for such a limited library of games, disregarding it's other issues.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#68justchill433Posted 12/30/2012 4:10:01 PM
I agree that the memory card debacle sucks and I agree that the library wasn't so hot. But both of these can and probably will be fixed. Give it time.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#69CrimsonGear80Posted 12/30/2012 4:16:34 PM
I have the same amount of games for my Vita less than a year after launch that I do for my 3DS almost two years after it's launch.

It has games. people just need to look.
---
#70Mutant1988Posted 12/30/2012 4:21:33 PM
justchill433 posted...
I agree that the memory card debacle sucks and I agree that the library wasn't so hot. But both of these can and probably will be fixed. Give it time.

It really is a domino effect though (Hmm, might be thinking of something else. Catch 22?).

The device doesn't do what people wanted and was too expensive. So people didn't buy it. This makes developer not want to develop games for it, giving people even less reason to buy it. It still remains lacking and expensive, nothing has changed.

I just think the Vita was a disappointment out of the gate and that it needs serious work to get off the ground.

But yeah, right now, I don't think it has a reason to be exist. It does nothing that other devices doesn't do better. And I do believe it's games would sell better on the PS3. At least that platform has an install base.

And what's up with the lack of PSP ports of previously Japanese exclusive games? That seems like a good way to beef up the library without breaking the bank.
---