This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do gamers with a huge blacklog buy games when they have unplayed ones?

#11UndeadDreamcastPosted 12/30/2012 6:29:31 PM
I have no idea. My friend does this, i think he has a problem. but he actully has a huge tote overflowing of games. I think hes just addicted to buying games on sale. Cool for me tho cause i get to borrow any i want. He says he saving them all for when he fakes his own death
---
PSN: Spooky_Style
#12killakPosted 12/30/2012 6:30:35 PM
Because I buy games to play them. Finishing them isn't a primary concern. Same reason i played arcades as a kid.

For the fun, not the completion.
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#13HurrigangstaPosted 12/30/2012 6:31:29 PM
Some do increase in value. I just saw Watchmen complete edition is around 90 new on Amazon. Never touched it and don't plan to.
#14justchill433Posted 12/30/2012 6:35:46 PM(edited)
I like games. Most of the games I'm adding to my backlog are Steam sale games (Often $5 or less for amazing games), Humble Bundle games (Just got Saint's Row 3, Darksiders, Metro 2033, Warhammer 40K, Red Faction, Titan Quest, and more for $5 combined), and PS3 games that fall to $20 or less. So it really isn't that expensive. I just don't have the time. I'll get to most of them eventually.

TL:DR

I buy them on sale and I get to them eventually.

but you guys are just adding to a collection that will most likely be never played entirely.....seems like a waste too be honest, like a girl that keeps buying shoes even though she has a collection.

What else am I supposed to spend my money on? I pay for my living expenses and there's money leftover. I save some and the rest goes to entertainment/alcohol.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#15justchill433Posted 12/30/2012 6:35:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 6:35:44 PM
killak posted...
Because I buy games to play them. Finishing them isn't a primary concern. Same reason i played arcades as a kid.

That just proves you're not getting your money's worth. So you'd never want to beat the final boss in an arcade fighting game or out last your friend in a rail shooting game?

EWWW
---
http://www.miniih.com/miniiblog/good-girl/files/suzy_gif7.gif
PSN:
#17mogar002Posted 12/30/2012 6:36:44 PM
It's an e-peen thing, the bigger the backlog the bigger the package.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#18manjiPosted 12/30/2012 6:38:27 PM
because when the mood strikes, you've got the time and you're thinking "i would like to play that game now", you already have it. not worrying where to buy it or can i find it, how much does it cost, etc.

it is very similar to someone who buys clothes or shoes or anything else they don't use right away, they buy it for it later, in case later happens.
#19killakPosted 12/30/2012 6:39:49 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
killak posted...

That just proves you're not getting your money's worth. So you'd never want to beat the final boss in an arcade fighting game or out last your friend in a rail shooting game?

EWWW

My money is well spent once i've played the game i purchased. I don't need to see the credits to get my monies worth. I don't even consider my collection, a backlog. That's a defunct term solely reserved for those that think the primary goal of playing a game, is to finish it.

I've played all my games, none are sealed and waiting. i have no backlog
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#20BurgerTime79Posted 12/30/2012 6:39:58 PM
mogar002 posted...
It's an e-peen thing, the bigger the backlog the bigger the package.

In the world you made up maybe. The rest of us really don't care how big someone's backlog is. I don't list mine, because quite frankly it's no one's business.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking