This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do gamers with a huge blacklog buy games when they have unplayed ones?

#21AalviPosted 12/30/2012 6:40:26 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
It's not like those new games are going anywhere in the next few months or appreciate in value (for most cases). I mean, think of where that money can go to.

Actually I'm in the process of dealing with said unplayed games(don't use my backlog site for reference, I only have like 15 ps3 games and 3ds and vita ones atm)
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#22Res5Posted 12/30/2012 6:40:59 PM
I'm not only a gamer, but a collector. It's in the fiber of my being to have more. I love having more games and having said I've played them, even if I've never beaten them. (I usually play most games at least 3/4 through before I get interested in something else though so it's not like I've never played any of my games for long)

Just being able to say I have it or have played it is good enough for me. That isn't to say I don't beat games at all it's just that beating the game is the last thing on my mind when I'm playing it so I don't require myself to beat one before starting another.

Especially since I refuse to force myself to play something just for the stupid reasoning that having too many games going at one time means you'll never beat them. I'm perfectly okay with that. It's the experience I'm going for and the experience is severely hampered if I'm not having fun just because I'm forcing myself to play. I'm a very whimsical gamer.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#23mogar002Posted 12/30/2012 6:42:17 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
mogar002 posted...
It's an e-peen thing, the bigger the backlog the bigger the package.

In the world you made up maybe. The rest of us really don't care how big someone's backlog is. I don't list mine, because quite frankly it's no one's business.

Yes, just like trophies/achievements. The only one who cares are the owners, so again it's an e-peen thing.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#24Godly_GoofPosted 12/30/2012 6:43:59 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
but you guys are just adding to a collection that will most likely be never played entirely.....seems like a waste too be honest, like a girl that keeps buying shoes even though she has a collection.

My current backlog of Gravity Rush, Corpse Party, Zone of the Enders, Rune Factory, AC3L, Agarest, and finishing Tales of Graces F, and then P4G when all that's done. When I get back in February and get the other stuff that's coming out I'll have that cleared out in about 2-3 weeks flat. Backlogs exist to be conquered >:3
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#25BurgerTime79Posted 12/30/2012 6:45:30 PM
mogar002 posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
mogar002 posted...
It's an e-peen thing, the bigger the backlog the bigger the package.

In the world you made up maybe. The rest of us really don't care how big someone's backlog is. I don't list mine, because quite frankly it's no one's business.

Yes, just like trophies/achievements. The only one who cares are the owners, so again it's an e-peen thing.

Unless they're showing it off to other people and gloating, this whole idea of "e-peen" is just a phrase to trash on someone.
If I get a trophy, I did it for me, for fun. If someone else wants to see what I got and congratulate me, then can go right ahead. I don't need it, nor am I looking for it.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#26majin nemesisPosted 12/30/2012 6:58:27 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
but you guys are just adding to a collection that will most likely be never played entirely.

why not?
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#27PringerXPosted 12/30/2012 7:04:12 PM
It is stupid when you think about it, outside of there being a huge sale. But even then, depending on how many games you have, by the time you get to some of them they will at least be at the previous sale price. The worst part of it though is when these people come online and say, "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THESE GAMES! GIVE ME CHEATS SO I CAN BEAT THE FIRST LEVEL AND THEN BE DONE WITH IT!". Even if you have millions of dollars, it's just so pointless.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/GameOverComesAll
#28Stanger5150Posted 12/30/2012 7:08:42 PM
To prepare a library of great games to play until a slim PS4 model comes out, and beyond.

It's not my backlog, it's my library. Backlogs are for work.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#29PangLaPosted 12/30/2012 7:09:45 PM
Because it's on sale.
#30tigerex777Posted 12/30/2012 7:14:43 PM
Most people do it because they have no self-control but you'll rarely meet an honest one that will actually admit it.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64