This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do gamers with a huge blacklog buy games when they have unplayed ones?

#61justchill433Posted 12/30/2012 9:04:38 PM
People do that, everywhere in the world (but SPECIALLY at USA). Learn to accept that. Nobody truly cares if some kid is dying from hunger somewhere else: if it isnt near you or if it doesnt appear at TV, it doesnt exist.

Aren't you cool? I'm in Engineers Without Borders and we design simple and reliable solutions to the needs of third world countries.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#62wstfldPosted 12/30/2012 9:06:03 PM
Good question. I used to do that, now I just buy a game when I need one to play.
---
Last Played: Assassin's Creed 3 (8/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Assassin's Creed 3, FIFA 13
#63ADHDguitarPosted 12/30/2012 9:19:07 PM
I just can't help it.

OCD I guess.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#64rpglover13Posted 12/30/2012 9:26:32 PM
It's really simple. My backlog is usually made up of games I buy on sale, games I was curious about but wouldn't pay full price for. If I see some games that I REALLY want(like some favorite series sequels or niche games, etc.) I'm not going to pass up the good deal on a game I know I'll love just because I have some games I haven't played yet. Also, BREAKS. Winter break right now, I just went through a ton of games in my backlog. It doesn't matter how long the don't get played, they eventually will get played.
#65Epic-GamerPosted 12/30/2012 9:28:19 PM
I NEVER buy a game new. Never. I wai6t for 6 months if i want it. But on the other hand, i just recently turned 13 so i never payed attention to most Systems besides Wii, gamecube & DS. In the past year i got a PS2 & a xbox 360. You wouldn't believe how many gems i've missed. I got 36+ games On PS2, & 40+ on Xbox 360. All of them i spend't under $30 for. (Battlefield Bad Company Is $2.99 At gamestop! :D)
---
So....Who's up for pie?
#66rschrake86Posted 12/30/2012 9:30:34 PM
ps3_gamer_norge posted...
2 reasons:

I'm not poor and I have more money than time. ATM I have about 80 games something as a backlog.

psnprofiles.com/hfred123

Chipping my way through them though

LoL. He's also a cheater. Some of his games are locked out. PSNProfiles ONLY do that under suspicion of modding/hacking/cheating.
---
A government is a body of people; usually, notably ungoverned. http://psnprofiles.com/I8I_SiN_I8I
PSN- I8I_SiN_I8I
#67SigmaHacielPosted 12/30/2012 9:32:45 PM
Why do people buy more than one shirt?

Why do they wipe their asses? It'll only dirty again.
#68roadtosalvationPosted 12/30/2012 9:36:55 PM
I'm sure the TC does something that doesn't make sense or "is a waste." Breathing for example...

...but seriously, as stupid as it sounds, I think some people buy games in order to forge bonds with other people. My friends and I are always talking about the latest retro game we've found or added to our collection. "Where'd you find that?" or "Dude, that's sweet!"

Yeah, it probably isn't an effective way to spend capital, but what else are nerds gonna talk about? Sure, it's materialistic, but what isn't in this society?

Finally, I tend to buy older games, ones I've played in the past so I usually know what I'm getting. However, I LOVE it when I step outside my comfort zone and find something new and awesome.
#69hambaconeggPosted 12/30/2012 9:39:53 PM
ITT: Envy, Jealousy and Free financial advice.
#70rpglover13Posted 12/30/2012 9:40:51 PM
roadtosalvation posted...
I'm sure the TC does something that doesn't make sense or "is a waste." Breathing for example...

...but seriously, as stupid as it sounds, I think some people buy games in order to forge bonds with other people. My friends and I are always talking about the latest retro game we've found or added to our collection. "Where'd you find that?" or "Dude, that's sweet!"

Yeah, it probably isn't an effective way to spend capital, but what else are nerds gonna talk about? Sure, it's materialistic, but what isn't in this society?

Finally, I tend to buy older games, ones I've played in the past so I usually know what I'm getting. However, I LOVE it when I step outside my comfort zone and find something new and awesome.

This is so true, and, in my opinion, is responsible for big sales for XBOX 360, XBOX LIVE, and Call of Duty. For some people, they have to have what their friends have just to say they have it.