This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Walking Dead or Resident Evil 4 HD

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The Walking Dead or Resident Evil 4 HD

User Info: Einride_Break

Einride_Break
4 years ago#1
It is basically at the point where I could just flip a coin, but I would like your opinion on it. Only have enough in my wallet for one of them, too.
This post made using GameRaven beta_build_10
Insanity On A Bun Software - Pushing the bounds of software sanity

User Info: Lightning_fan

Lightning_fan
4 years ago#2
Resident Evil 4 by far.

User Info: DocDelicious

DocDelicious
4 years ago#3
My heart wants to say Walking Dead because I hate RE4.
My brain wants to tell you to get Resident Evil 4 because other people like it a lot (a lot a lot).

Thus, my recommendation is RE2.
Playing - Far Cry 3, Vanquish, SMT: Persona 3 FES, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Borderlands 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 years ago#4
The Walking Dead is a point and click, highly story driven game. You (hopefully will) get emotionally invested with the characters and enjoy the story through making your own choices.

Resident Evil 4 HD is a more action orientated survival horror. Honestly, I'm not sure about the story too much, so I can't really comment on how good it is. I've heard people like it, but I could never get into it.

It's really based on what you're after. Action or an interactive story driven experience. If I were choosing between the two, I'd go Walking Dead each time. I like the Resident Evil series a lot, but never really enjoyed 4.
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay

User Info: Jonsbax

Jonsbax
4 years ago#5
Completely different kind of games, both awesome. Depends completely on what you're in the mood for.

User Info: Albert1285

Albert1285
4 years ago#6
RE4. I don't know about the Walking Dead since I haven't played it. But RE4 is a very good game, fun and very replayable.

User Info: Einride_Break

Einride_Break
4 years ago#7
To be honest, I dont have much experience in either type of game (survival horror and point and click). But there are elements from both that I could appreciate.
This post made using GameRaven beta_build_10
Insanity On A Bun Software - Pushing the bounds of software sanity

User Info: FellDude

FellDude
4 years ago#8
If you want a very well done point & click story with branching paths then choose Walking Dead.

If you want a very well done, last gen 3rd person shooter with unlockables & replay value choose RE4.
Of all the game consoles ever made, the Xbox 360 is the one closest to perfecting the hundred percent failure rate. - Former Owner of 3 of Microsoft Xbox 360's.

User Info: Magnum_Dan

Magnum_Dan
4 years ago#9
I've never played The Walking Dead but Resident Evil 4 is my favorite Resident Evil game to this day. The same is true for most people I know who are in to the Resident Evil series.

Mechanics of Resident Evil 4 are almost exactly the same as Resident Evil 5 except the story and overall layout are more appealing and there's no "in between mission" period (shopping is done through a vender who shows up now and then on your journey.

I don't know if it's just the HDTV screen or the claimed graphic enhancement but the Resident Evil 4 sold on the playstation store looks as good as any other PS3 game.

BTW. There's a foe on Resident Evil 4 who's obviously modeled after Osama Bin Laden.
'In this great world full of stuff that's neat there is one thing that cannot be beat. It's the feeling so sunny when your squeezing a bunny" ELMYRA DUFF

User Info: lebronwadebosh

lebronwadebosh
4 years ago#10
wha - .. walking dad may have been crowned GotY .. but it doesn't compare to games like RE4.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2,Dishonored and Metroid Fusion
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The Walking Dead or Resident Evil 4 HD

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived