This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Walking Dead or Resident Evil 4 HD

#1Einride_BreakPosted 12/31/2012 2:59:03 AM
It is basically at the point where I could just flip a coin, but I would like your opinion on it. Only have enough in my wallet for one of them, too.
---
This post made using GameRaven beta_build_10
Insanity On A Bun Software - Pushing the bounds of software sanity
#2Lightning_fanPosted 12/31/2012 3:01:16 AM
Resident Evil 4 by far.
#3DocDeliciousPosted 12/31/2012 3:03:01 AM
My heart wants to say Walking Dead because I hate RE4.
My brain wants to tell you to get Resident Evil 4 because other people like it a lot (a lot a lot).

Thus, my recommendation is RE2.
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Vanquish, SMT: Persona 3 FES, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Borderlands 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious
#4Jason_HudsonPosted 12/31/2012 3:08:56 AM
The Walking Dead is a point and click, highly story driven game. You (hopefully will) get emotionally invested with the characters and enjoy the story through making your own choices.

Resident Evil 4 HD is a more action orientated survival horror. Honestly, I'm not sure about the story too much, so I can't really comment on how good it is. I've heard people like it, but I could never get into it.

It's really based on what you're after. Action or an interactive story driven experience. If I were choosing between the two, I'd go Walking Dead each time. I like the Resident Evil series a lot, but never really enjoyed 4.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#5JonsbaxPosted 12/31/2012 3:17:37 AM
Completely different kind of games, both awesome. Depends completely on what you're in the mood for.
#6Albert1285Posted 12/31/2012 3:20:38 AM
RE4. I don't know about the Walking Dead since I haven't played it. But RE4 is a very good game, fun and very replayable.
#7Einride_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 3:22:47 AM
To be honest, I dont have much experience in either type of game (survival horror and point and click). But there are elements from both that I could appreciate.
---
This post made using GameRaven beta_build_10
Insanity On A Bun Software - Pushing the bounds of software sanity
#8FellDudePosted 12/31/2012 3:24:21 AM
If you want a very well done point & click story with branching paths then choose Walking Dead.

If you want a very well done, last gen 3rd person shooter with unlockables & replay value choose RE4.
---
Of all the game consoles ever made, the Xbox 360 is the one closest to perfecting the hundred percent failure rate. - Former Owner of 3 of Microsoft Xbox 360's.
#9Magnum_DanPosted 12/31/2012 3:42:12 AM(edited)
I've never played The Walking Dead but Resident Evil 4 is my favorite Resident Evil game to this day. The same is true for most people I know who are in to the Resident Evil series.

Mechanics of Resident Evil 4 are almost exactly the same as Resident Evil 5 except the story and overall layout are more appealing and there's no "in between mission" period (shopping is done through a vender who shows up now and then on your journey.

I don't know if it's just the HDTV screen or the claimed graphic enhancement but the Resident Evil 4 sold on the playstation store looks as good as any other PS3 game.

BTW. There's a foe on Resident Evil 4 who's obviously modeled after Osama Bin Laden.
---
'In this great world full of stuff that's neat there is one thing that cannot be beat. It's the feeling so sunny when your squeezing a bunny" ELMYRA DUFF
#10lebronwadeboshPosted 12/31/2012 3:32:57 AM
wha - .. walking dad may have been crowned GotY .. but it doesn't compare to games like RE4.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2,Dishonored and Metroid Fusion