This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the most overrated games this gen.

#11DefYouthPosted 12/31/2012 10:59:30 AM
D. No apology necessary.
---
I know that this is vitriol, no solution spleen-venting, but I feel better having screamed, don't you?
#12Crimson SkysPosted 12/31/2012 11:00:19 AM
nope
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#13Dantechan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 11:00:48 AM
RioichiCooper posted...
Dantechan posted...
Bosses were mediocre in this game.

Mediocre by the standards of the series, or just plain mediocre?

Both

Laughing octopus was a good boss, I'll admit that.

Raging Raven was a bad boss. All she does is fly around and shooting missiles and those flying robots at you. And you barely have the chance to shoot her.

Crying wolf was bad too, mostly because of those stupid frogs coming at you.

Screaming mantis was....okay. At least she was a fair boss fight.

Vamp was disappointingly easy

Rex vs Ray was awesome.

Liquid's boss might of been a pretty good boss, but I honestly think its the worst final boss in the series.

If you didn't feel like reading all that well.

Good bosses: Rex VS Ray, Laughing octopus
Mediocre for series standards: Liquid, Screaming mantis
Bad: Raging Raven, Crying Wolf, Vamp
#14mgs4fan540Posted 12/31/2012 11:02:47 AM
Everyone who said C is obviious either never played the game or just plain haters...or trolls.

Mgs4 is the best game this gen for so many reasons. Great bosses, good story and characters, replay value, graphics, etc everything.

All of you who said Confirm obviously have bad taste and do not know what a good game is
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#15Crimson SkysPosted 12/31/2012 11:04:13 AM
mgs4fan540 posted...
Everyone who said C is obviious either never played the game or just plain haters...or trolls.

Mgs4 is the best game this gen for so many reasons. Great bosses, good story and characters, replay value, graphics, etc everything.

All of you who said Confirm obviously have bad taste and do not know what a good game is

Don't you love it when trolls state opinions as facts?
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#16Mass_CarrierPosted 12/31/2012 11:11:36 AM
C

It's probably the worst mgs game out there. The gameplay is a huge step down from mgs3, there is not enough gameplay and too many cutscenes...which are boring as hell and have bad writing. Final boss was the weakest of all the mgs games. Act 1 and 2 were good but it went downhill after that. Bosses were mediocre in this game.

If by "final boss" you mean the fistfight, you need to do less drugs, because by any standards, that was an incredible moment. Boss fights might not have been that great, but outside of the MGS1 bosses + The End/Boss, I think most MGS bosses aren't that great.
---
Don't just post youtube links. Say what the **** they are.
http://i.imgur.com/WaN8M.png
#17Dantechan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 11:18:32 AM
Mass_Carrier posted...
C

It's probably the worst mgs game out there. The gameplay is a huge step down from mgs3, there is not enough gameplay and too many cutscenes...which are boring as hell and have bad writing. Final boss was the weakest of all the mgs games. Act 1 and 2 were good but it went downhill after that. Bosses were mediocre in this game.

If by "final boss" you mean the fistfight, you need to do less drugs, because by any standards, that was an incredible moment. Boss fights might not have been that great, but outside of the MGS1 bosses + The End/Boss, I think most MGS bosses aren't that great.

No, because the final boss of mgs4 was the same exact thing as the final boss of mgs1. I expected something different and better. Not to mention, the final boss of mgs4 might have been epic story-wise, but gameplay wise it was mediocre. Even Gene from portable ops was better.
#18nouseravailablePosted 12/31/2012 11:25:06 AM
Mass_Carrier posted...
C

---
"I dont have a daughter. But I cant let that stop me from sorting out her musical training." -why the lucky stiff
#19warrenmatsPosted 12/31/2012 11:26:30 AM
Dantechan posted...
RioichiCooper posted...
Dantechan posted...
Bosses were mediocre in this game.

Mediocre by the standards of the series, or just plain mediocre?

Both

Laughing octopus was a good boss, I'll admit that.

Raging Raven was a bad boss. All she does is fly around and shooting missiles and those flying robots at you. And you barely have the chance to shoot her.

Crying wolf was bad too, mostly because of those stupid frogs coming at you.

Screaming mantis was....okay. At least she was a fair boss fight.

Vamp was disappointingly easy

Rex vs Ray was awesome.

Liquid's boss might of been a pretty good boss, but I honestly think its the worst final boss in the series.

If you didn't feel like reading all that well.

Good bosses: Rex VS Ray, Laughing octopus
Mediocre for series standards: Liquid, Screaming mantis
Bad: Raging Raven, Crying Wolf, Vamp

The first game didn't have good bosses either imo...
---
:D
#20Jaime_BennPosted 12/31/2012 11:27:14 AM
The first Assassins Creed, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 5. That was easy to find more overrated games...
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(