This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the most overrated games this gen.

#121RazumPosted 12/31/2012 8:33:07 PM
Deny. Far more people complain about the game then praise it, so I don't see it as even remotely overrated.
---
UMvC 3 Team:
Hagger/P.Wright/Spencer
#122DeliProPosted 12/31/2012 8:38:00 PM
No way, near perfect game imo, the only thing I would have liked is to have some human enemies in shadow moses.
#123flammable_monkyPosted 12/31/2012 8:41:15 PM
Razum posted...
Deny. Far more people complain about the game then praise it, so I don't see it as even remotely overrated.

I think op was referring to the critical praise that MGS4 received upon release rather than the criticism it has received from fans over the years.
---
"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't."
#124LuigiVampaSwagPosted 12/31/2012 8:44:50 PM
There're people who honestly think this way:

kuter posted...
Deny. You gotta have a brain to understand the story and knows what it means.

blitz_0623 posted...
D

Anyone who thinks MGS4 is overrated probably thinks every game that averages 90+ on metacritic is also overrated.

These are the same people who love games that don't get the attention they think it deserves.

---
http://imgur.com/rvwNj.gif
http://imgur.com/2lTC2.gif
#125CrimsonGear80Posted 12/31/2012 8:45:09 PM
no
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#126OsteoporozisPosted 12/31/2012 8:49:09 PM
No way, most people seemed highly disappointed with it, you included. You want to talk overrated? Let's talk call of duty.
---
Never heard a man speak like this man before.
#127ValedictorianXDPosted 12/31/2012 8:58:44 PM
Honestly? Deny. There were far more over-rated games this gen like, idk, Skyrim?

I'm not going to deny that MGS4 is certainly flawed or weaker in certain areas but at least a majority of fans will acknowledge these imperfections when presented in a non-exaggerated, respectable format.

Skyrim? Filthy casuals are going to be hailing that game as the best game ever for a few more years. To a majority of them, it's perfect.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#128shinstrikePosted 12/31/2012 8:58:59 PM
Deny. easily one of the best, if not the best game released last decade and did not receive nearly as much praise as it shouldve over the years.

But when you have tons of gamers hooked on stuff like madden, call of duty... i guess you cant expect much as far as gaming taste goes to the normal player.
---
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I Killed humans by the thousands!!!! Look at me !!!! I am Sublime!!!!!! I am the true face of evil!!!" - Luca Blight
#129Skull007o_OPosted 12/31/2012 8:59:11 PM
D, it still holds up, even for today's standards (totally lame standards, to be honest)
#130Radman55Posted 12/31/2012 9:01:28 PM
lol at the cutscene arguement.
i honestly think people that say that have never played other mgs games if they think mgs4 cutscenes are any longer than the games in the other series.
---
Zhao yun